Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 30 Jun 2003, 17:31 (Ref:647435)   #1
sunflower
Rookie

sunflower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't try this while driving

As any car manual will tell you, don't attempt to adjust your seat while driving. I recently did so & will never do it again!

My seat shot forward v suddenly so my knees were squashed against the cowling/dash then when trying to move the seat back it shot back as far as it would go & locked in place.

It didn't occur to me to stop before trying to move it forward again, so natuarally I became squashed against the dash again by which time the car had slowed right down thankfully so I managed to stop.

Word of warning that's all!!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 18:12 (Ref:647487)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
oooooppppppps!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 19:10 (Ref:647546)   #3
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

-but we've all done daft things like that, havn't we....
On the approach to the Dartford Bridge toll booths I reached into my trouser pocket for my £1 and my hand got stuck- I had to undo by seatbelt to free myself!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 22:00 (Ref:647803)   #4
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and don't put your cell phone on the dash. When the air bag deploys and the phone hits your passenger in the face at 300mph it completely defeats the purpose of the air bag...

Last edited by Flatspot; 30 Jun 2003 at 22:01.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 12:51 (Ref:648364)   #5
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont drive Vauxhall Vivas at 80mph entering a long left hand curve. I tried this in 1983 and that bus stop has never been the same since. Luckily I survived the impact unscathed Phwaay oooooer gibber gibber nnnnnnn phwaaaaay!
Old 1 Jul 2003, 17:36 (Ref:648651)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm - someone once killed my perfectly good Hillman Avenger using a Vauxhall Viva. The pointed "V" on the centre of the grille focused all the impact on one place and wrote the poor thing off.

I was (once) a passenger in a car whose driver thought it would be a good idea to try to take his sweater off whilst on the move - and then got it tangled up in the seatbelt with it over his head....
Old 1 Jul 2003, 17:47 (Ref:648665)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was once a passenger in a car whose driver felt the need to take a leak whilst on the move. An empty plastic bottle was provided by the front seat passenger for said purpose - a 1 litre bottle. Unfortunately his need was greater...
Old 1 Jul 2003, 18:26 (Ref:648728)   #8
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
I was once a passenger in a car whose driver felt the need to take a leak whilst on the move. An empty plastic bottle was provided by the front seat passenger for said purpose - a 1 litre bottle. Unfortunately his need was greater...
Could of just got on the floor, opened the door a little, and wazzed out of it. That should only be attempted in a traffic jam
Old 1 Jul 2003, 18:31 (Ref:648739)   #9
sunflower
Rookie

sunflower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speakin of the dartford crossing the money collector once dropped my quid so I had to get out my car & pick it up.

I try to aim for no 7 the tunnel way & 23 the bridge way to get a clean, straight ahead exit.

Back to stupid things, when I 1st got my car it took a while to get used to it so I was forever missing my exit on roundabouts. I just did a u-turn each time back to the roundabout (only if it was clear of course).
Old 2 Jul 2003, 04:32 (Ref:649188)   #10
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perfectly good Hillman Avenger? Didn't know they made one of those Tim. PS it wasn't me mate (hopefully)
Old 2 Jul 2003, 06:14 (Ref:649202)   #11
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the way back from Le Mans my exhaust snapped in 2(as they do) just outside of Calais. I strapped it up and the car ran fine, just a bit noisy.

However, when I got back to the UK and tried to get through the Dartford tunnel at rush hour I was held up for a good 15 minutes at the front of a massive queue, while they got someone to inspect 'something under my car'. I had to explain to the inspector that I'd just driven a few hundred miles and through the channel tunnel with it like that and it was unlikely that it would fall off in the next 1/4 mile. Eventually they let me through. Bloody jobsworths Mind you, I have been on the other side of this, stuck in traffic when a car breaks down in the tunnel, not pretty.

Stupidest thing I ever remember doing when driving is dropping a lit cigarette on the floor, that really sucks.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 17:33 (Ref:651111)   #12
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know someone with long hair who once threw a cigarette butt out through his open driver's window. Unfortunately it came straight back in through the open rear window and set his hair alight.

Somehow he managed not to crash...