Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 May 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2471433)   #51
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz View Post
...as a result of being "squeezed" by the Corvette?????

Are the Stewards looking into this?

Was the "start" in accordance with the NCR's, RMSR's?
I believe CAMS were investigating the accident...yesterday I think
Old 29 May 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2471435)   #52
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The In Pit Lane podcast has Wyhoon saying Camm came over on him and he moved across to find Muscat there...Muscat was clearly alongside if not pretty much past him so he didn't just appear...
Old 29 May 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2471466)   #53
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstrat View Post
I am fairly certain the F5000s do rolling starts now days. Is that what it should come down to?
Rolling starts would not necessarily solve the problem.The key -even with a rolling start-- is to have the tyres up to a reasonable operating temperature at the start.
Old 29 May 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2471539)   #54
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think rolling starts are every bit as entertaining and exciting as a standing start.

AND they save loads of $$ on driveline components and life thereof.

AND they're certainly safer.

AND they'd reduce the downtime between races at busy meetings like state rounds....
Old 31 May 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2472403)   #55
toranaracer
Rookie

toranaracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cold tyres had NOTHING to do with this incident.

Have you thought that the tyres were up to temp and this may have caused the vehicle to bog down off the line?
Old 31 May 2009, 02:18 (Ref:2472410)   #56
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by toranaracer View Post
Cold tyres had NOTHING to do with this incident.

Have you thought that the tyres were up to temp and this may have caused the vehicle to bog down off the line?
That is a big statement. Cant see how "bogging down" makes the cars go sideways! If you have grip you go forward and minimise the sideways movement.
So-- you tell us what the contributions were ??
Old 31 May 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2472415)   #57
toranaracer
Rookie

Can you please explain to everyone how tyre temperature could have anything to do with this particular incident where two vehicles make contact at speed, 200-300 metres after the start line, leap into the air and make contact with the barriers?

Most vehicles have completed their tyre warm up cycle by the time we come under the GMC bridge, so why "waste" another lap rather than start racing?
After all this is what the crowd comes to see and the drivers come to do.

With an incident such as this even a rolling start may not have resulted in a different outcome, possibly even worse as the vehicle speed at the same point of the contact would have been greater.

From my drivers seat it looked to me to be a typical "racing incident".

We are all lucky that most of the vehicles will be back however it appears we will not see the Hamilton Commodore or the Brown Gallant back.
Old 31 May 2009, 06:09 (Ref:2472440)   #58
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Firstly-- this was within 100 metres of the start line-- so lets deal with a few ascertainable facts first.
It is not a "typically " racing incident when the cars come into almost immediate contact after the start . Both cars on the front row had trouble getting traction as they left the line.The car coming from the second row dived to the inside and as he went past the White car came into contact.Wheelspin and the lack of traction (not an unusual occurrence with powerfull cars)caused the sideways movement of the blue/white car to move across the track and sqeeze the gap --look at the video. You can see the blue/white car squirming-and moving across the track.
You seem absoloute about your "opinion" about the cold tyre issue. It is a pity that the people with experience of the tyre technology do not agree.
I do agree that a rolling start could have made it worse -especially when some genius is putting cars one length behind each other.
Your comment about wasting a lap really personifies your ignorance- how many Sports Sedans that were entered on Friday made it to Sunday afternoon finish? Not much point in having races if there are no cars left to race in them.-- so who is wasting the laps? The attrition rate is bad enough without losing so many cars in an avoidable incident.Including the U2 ltr cars 28 entered? 13 by Sunday afternoon-- 5 only of the over 2 litre cars. Hardly a result to be pleased about.Particularly when some may not be back in the forseeable future with huge repair bills.
Old 31 May 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2472523)   #59
toranaracer
Rookie

"not an unusual occurrence with powerfull cars", yep obviously something I have never encountered with my under powered vehicle.

It looks like I agree to disagree...........................................again
Old 31 May 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2472593)   #60
aussiefveeracer
Rookie

Australia
aussiefveeracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Firstly-- this was within 100 metres of the start line-- so lets deal with a few ascertainable facts first.
It is not a "typically " racing incident when the cars come into almost immediate contact after the start . Both cars on the front row had trouble getting traction as they left the line.The car coming from the second row dived to the inside and as he went past the White car came into contact.Wheelspin and the lack of traction (not an unusual occurrence with powerfull cars)caused the sideways movement of the blue/white car to move across the track and sqeeze the gap --look at the video. You can see the blue/white car squirming-and moving across the track.
Looks like a blocking move to me...hence probably just a racing incident.

And I'll shut up now.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2478773)   #61
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Any update on this?
Old 30 Jun 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2493931)   #62
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incar footage...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 1 Jul 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2494308)   #63
safety1
Rookie

Australia
Australia
safety1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice in car footage.

Good work on finding some. The view on you tube was getting a bit old. lol