Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 May 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2468075)   #1
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Sports Sedan Crash at Sandown

Memories of Adelaide, 7 cars wiped out off the start line at Sandown today. Started with a coming together between Terry Whyhoon in Geoff Munday's Camaro and Chris Muscat's Mazda RX7.
Other cars badly damaged in the crash were Chas Talbot's Commodore, Terry Hamilton's Commodore, Luke Chambers' RX7 and Darden Brown's Galant.
Bad luck for the Sports Sedan guys as the field of 22 was pretty impressive.
Thankfully no one hurt.
Someone in the grandstand apparently has video and there's some incar stuff, If anybody knows who might have something we can get hold of quickly for the show on Tuesday night then please PM me.
The whole meeting was a bit weird really, lot's of really angry drivers about various stuff ups (especially Friday) and lot's of officials who after the Island last week and Winton recently just wanted some time off.
No such luck guys Winton Historics next week.
Old 24 May 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2468106)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ojKpcekKI8

I am assuming this is it ?
Old 24 May 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2468111)   #3
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track Officials

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
The whole meeting was a bit weird really, lot's of really angry drivers about various stuff ups (especially Friday) and lot's of officials who after the Island last week and Winton recently just wanted some time off.
No such luck guys Winton Historics next week.
What you probably mean is that the cock-ups came from the organisers/sponsoring club.....no matter how tired, Flaggies and Rescue/Fire and Trackies just turn up and do their thing
Old 24 May 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2468138)   #4
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep......possibly once a year race organizers???????? couldnt run a **** up in a brewery

Last edited by marcus; 24 May 2009 at 12:18.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2468162)   #5
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC View Post
yep......possibly once a year race organizers???????? couldnt run a **** up in a brewery
The thing is that the MG Car Club usually run a top show certainly from the stand point of how they deal with and work with the media they are light years ahead of most everybody else we deal with.

Last edited by marcus; 24 May 2009 at 12:18.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2468170)   #6
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a few pics off my mobile phone of the aftermath.

How did chas in the comodore end up in the wall near the 200m mark?
Old 24 May 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2468177)   #7
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the start as a slide show...[ large file ]

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 May 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2468178)   #8
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The thing is that the MG Car Club usually run a top show certainly from the stand point of how they deal with and work with the media they are light years ahead of most everybody else we deal with.
and as we all know, that is the most important thing, as for releasing course cars, wrong way, in front of oncoming race cars...not a problem!!

I agree with BFC (for a change!!)

PS VIC needs a couple of EXPERT organiser teams for their meetings....and to get away from the club run handicap (hey organising clubs, how about assembling the best team for the job...not the team that you have picked for the last 25 years!! )
Old 24 May 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2468183)   #9
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne

Old 24 May 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2468185)   #10
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

...and the aftermath as a slide show...[ big file ]

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 May 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2468186)   #11
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
retro could you email me the video ill pm you.
Old 24 May 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2468188)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
its on youtube I posted it above
Old 24 May 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2468189)   #13
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by profi View Post
retro could you email me the video ill pm you.
I'm just cutting up the YouTube vid...

Old 24 May 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2468193)   #14
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
how do i save the video to my computer?
Old 24 May 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2468260)   #15
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by profi View Post
how do i save the video to my computer?
Youtube videos? You can't save videos that have been uploaded onto the Tube.] unless you have a application that can save Tube vids such as Video Get.
Old 24 May 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2468265)   #16
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Youtube videos? You can't save videos that have been uploaded onto the Tube.
http://www.downloader9.com/
Old 24 May 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2468502)   #17
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ditto--- easily the best to deal with.Issues that arise are not necessarily general reflection of a bad meeting.Things happen-- every individual can make mistakes that can reflect on the whole organisation.
Everyone that gives up there free time to do a very solid couple of days work plus all the pre-event and post event time is to bethanked not cajoled.
BTW--I was victim of over zealous official at the weekend and it did take some time for him to work out why he was wrong!!!

On the specific thread--- my view is that cold tyres were a major factor in this incidence. A lack of warm up time on cold slicks with 700 HP cars is an accident waiting to happen- and it did.
Old 24 May 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2468506)   #18
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
and as we all know, that is the most important thing, as for releasing course cars, wrong way, in front of oncoming race cars...not a problem!!

I agree with BFC (for a change!!)

PS VIC needs a couple of EXPERT organiser teams for their meetings....and to get away from the club run handicap (hey organising clubs, how about assembling the best team for the job...not the team that you have picked for the last 25 years!! )
Your ignorance is apalling-- the organisers here do a great job and the meetings run really well. The Victorian clubs co-operative ( who BTW are also involved in virtually every major meeting in Victoria- plusand including the BAC) do an outstanding job. From my experience--light years ahead of other states. Anybody that races in Victoria will verify that- so firing off that sort of nonsense from a distance helps no one.
How your comments have anything to do with thread title is beyond me-- except for one issue-- and it is the Sports Sedan association itself that could have helped prevent this problem-- cold tyres and cars hard to drive even in a straight line causes them to move about and this slight touch that triggered this accident is the result.
Old 25 May 2009, 04:15 (Ref:2468563)   #19
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most important thing is that no one was hurt. That reminds me a bit of the 1998 V8 round there when there was a massive crash off the start line in Race 2.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 25 May 2009, 04:29 (Ref:2468567)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AA reported that Mr Seferis had a major crash in testing a couple of weeks back too, his ex-GMS VT COmmodore destroyed in the incident. Driver was reported to be ok, but the car wont race again!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 May 2009, 05:17 (Ref:2468575)   #21
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Possibly they do but many years ago when working as an official turning up at the gate wanting to get in,being refused becos i didnt have a ticket or hadnt signed on which was not possible UNLESS you got in to sign on in the garages. Amazing what happens when you just drive thru.
Old 25 May 2009, 05:53 (Ref:2468581)   #22
bstrat
Rookie

Australia
Belgrave
bstrat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im glad you all liked my footage. Well its my Dads actually. If anybody wants it I could just email it to you I guess. Baring its not too big. Or you could just take off youtube. It was a pretty horrific accident I couldn't take any photos of it though. It was too shocking.
Old 25 May 2009, 06:41 (Ref:2468588)   #23
bstrat
Rookie

Australia
Belgrave
bstrat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys its too big to email so you will have to download it.
Old 25 May 2009, 07:16 (Ref:2468599)   #24
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Youtube videos? You can't save videos that have been uploaded onto the Tube.] unless you have a application that can save Tube vids such as Video Get.
Go to Internet Options

Browsing History - Settings

Then 'View Files"

This will open up Temporary Internet Files

Look for the You Tube DownLoad - Copy it and paste it to a Folder. Make sure the extension is .flv

Mike
Old 25 May 2009, 07:43 (Ref:2468606)   #25
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
The most important thing is that no one was hurt. That reminds me a bit of the 1998 V8 round there when there was a massive crash off the start line in Race 2.
That would be this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQKacdAt05U
(Don't you hate it when they dub crap music over the top of the video)