Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Jun 2009, 04:53 (Ref:2488033)   #1
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shannons Nationals - Round 5 - Winton - June 27/28

First visit to Winton for the Shannons Nationals Championships coming up this weekend!

Who's competing?
Australian Formula 3 Championship
Aussie Racing Cars
V8Commodore Cup
Shannons V8Touring Cars
Kumho Tyres Saloon Car Series
Formula Vee National Series

How much are tickets?
Saturday - $20
Sunday - $35
Weekend - $45

When's it going to be on TV?
Speedweek (SBS) - Sunday 5 July, 1pm
Inside Speed (Fox Sports) - Wednesday 15 July, check local guides

Click HERE for the event schedule

Click HERE for entry lists
Old 22 Jun 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2488088)   #2
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a rather large spectator entry fee. In fact that's terrible. Sandown was only $20 for sunday and you got to watch sports sedans and GT production cars ect.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2488143)   #3
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why would you bother.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2488214)   #4
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
why would you bother.
Gee Rob, so negative.
After all, the Nationals make their stunning debut at the "Nations Action Track":
with a program that, on the surface appears slightly second rate.

I will be there, as i choose to support the venue all year round, and i believe despite first glances: there will be some great racing.

Dont forget that the venue is at the mercy of the promoter when it comes to the date & the categories.

Perhaps Mr Curkpatrick can offer an explination as to the choices of classes ? ? ?

Sadly the Gold Star is starting to look as tarnished as the final year F Holden carried it.

My tip is that the highlight of the weekend will be F Vee, yes the very same class CAMS wanted rid of a number of years back.

Amazing how times change....
Old 22 Jun 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2488331)   #5
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classes can't be at all rounds all year long. It's a simple case of some classes won't appear at some rounds. For example, we haven't had any Production Cars since Wakefield in April, and won't until July at Eastern Creek.

31 Aussie Racing Cars entered which always turn on a good show, and 23 in the Commodore Cup enduro are healthy entries, and with some interesting enduro drives in Steve Owen (doing double duty in the V8Touring Cars), Shane Price and Rally ace Simon Evans.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 02:24 (Ref:2488711)   #6
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
I will be there, as i choose to support the venue all year round
As do I but I don't have to pay to get in, but I do have to pay for a bed & food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
My tip is that the highlight of the weekend will be F Vee
If they race half as good as at the Vee Nationals held there last year it should be good to watch
Old 23 Jun 2009, 03:44 (Ref:2488732)   #7
pitlane 3
Rookie

Germany
Melbourne
pitlane 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winton?!!!?

No thanks.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 05:08 (Ref:2488751)   #8
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, we won't be seeing you there then - LOL
Old 23 Jun 2009, 05:12 (Ref:2488753)   #9
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by profi View Post
That's a rather large spectator entry fee. In fact that's terrible. Sandown was only $20 for sunday and you got to watch sports sedans and GT production cars ect.
Why don't you do what a lot of people do and become members of Benalla Auto Club (BAC), the owners of Winton Motor Raceway.

One of the benifits of being a member of BAC is the you get free access to ALL race meeting that Winton run, there are a couple of exclusions to this though, the Austin 7 Histroics meeting in May, it is run by the Austin 7 Club and many motorbike events, they are run by Motorcycling Australia generally.

For $90 per year you get access to all other meetings, including the V8's for free, just show your membership card and you are in.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2488758)   #10
alfacors
Veteran

Whilst that is a good thing (and the ARDC has a similar setup in Sydney with Eastern Creek), it still doesn't help the occasional fan or first-timer who ventures out to Winton this weekend. $35 is a bit steep relative to other rounds, but this is the track's choice, not the Nationals.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 05:59 (Ref:2488770)   #11
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
For $90 per year you get access to all other meetings, including the V8's for free, just show your membership card and you are in.
Do you get to vote?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2488893)   #12
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Do you get to vote?
Sure do, but only for the club officials at the AGM.

Reember BAC has hired a Management Company or Companies to run Winton and Wakefield Park so there is little descision making to be made by the club, so you don't get to vote on how Winton or Wakefield is run, sorry

BAC has some very high profile members, other than me of course
Old 24 Jun 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2489706)   #13
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitlane 3 View Post
Winton?!!!?

No thanks.
them that aint there wont be missed.......no great loss i suppose
Old 24 Jun 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2489713)   #14
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Well said BFC
Old 25 Jun 2009, 03:20 (Ref:2490195)   #15
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
Or you can do what I, and most of the Winton trackside officials do, and that is become a volunteer trackside marshal.

You get into 99% of events for free and usually are able to stand closer to the action than the paying punters.

Saves me having to pay $90 to be a BAC member or $50 to watch the V8's. I'm also there more often than the majority of the BAC members as well
Old 26 Jun 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2490945)   #16
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Gee Whizz, that is novel Paul
Old 29 Jun 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2493011)   #17
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, regardless of what some seem to think, I had a ball.
The Commodore Cup Race 1 was interesting, with a Falcon leading for most of it That rain was something else...

The crowd was low, but when the advertising locally consists of a couple of column inches in the daily rag on the Friday, what can/should you expect?
Old 29 Jun 2009, 07:43 (Ref:2493050)   #18
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Well, regardless of what some seem to think, I had a ball.
The Commodore Cup Race 1 was interesting, with a Falcon leading for most of it That rain was something else...
Are you sure that you were watching "Commodore Cup" no Falcons in that class?
Old 29 Jun 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2493057)   #19
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Dasher I think you might not be aware that the Safety Car at Winton is a Falcon and much of the Saturday Commodore Cup Enduro was run behind the Safety Car due to multiple on track incidents
Old 29 Jun 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2493060)   #20
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Yeah, exactly what PVDA said. I did also notice that there was a Toyota Lexen in the field

Sorry to have misled you Dasher, but I found it amusing
Old 29 Jun 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2493065)   #21
alfacors
Veteran

Good strong fields from Commodore Cup, Aussie Racing Cars and Formula Vee. V8Touring Cars had a decent 10 car field (which is a big step up from 3-4 cars last year). Saloons were disappointing with the current politicking getting in the way of people actually getting out there and racing. Formula 3 was a small field, but with some real rivalry between Macrow and Foster developing with the wins being shared between them. Commodore Cup starred with some guest drivers including Steve Owen, Ryan McLeod and Simon Evans having a steer, even Falcon GT Production Car driver Chris Delfsma had a go in one of the enemy cars... albeit a Lexcen Cup car
Winton turned on the great weather though.... when it wasn't cloudy or raining... which was most of the time. I'm still cleaning the mud off my shoes!
PVDA - I should have checked where you were going to be stationed on the weekend, it didn't occur to me til I was on my way back to Melbourne Airport - doh.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2493068)   #22
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Good strong fields from Commodore Cup, Aussie Racing Cars and Formula Vee. V8Touring Cars had a decent 10 car field (which is a big step up from 3-4 cars last year). Saloons were disappointing with the current politicking getting in the way of people actually getting out there and racing. Formula 3 was a small field, but with some real rivalry between Macrow and Foster developing with the wins being shared between them. Commodore Cup starred with some guest drivers including Steve Owen, Ryan McLeod and Simon Evans having a steer, even Falcon GT Production Car driver Chris Delfsma had a go in one of the enemy cars... albeit a Lexcen Cup car
Winton turned on the great weather though.... when it wasn't cloudy or raining... which was most of the time. I'm still cleaning the mud off my shoes!
PVDA - I should have checked where you were going to be stationed on the weekend, it didn't occur to me til I was on my way back to Melbourne Airport - doh.
Good summation.
Knakkers was in the course car, basicly avoiding doing any work
Old 29 Jun 2009, 08:47 (Ref:2493086)   #23
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=alfacors;2493065]Good strong fields from Commodore Cup, Aussie Racing Cars and Formula Vee. V8Touring Cars had a decent 10 car field (which is a big step up from 3-4 cars last year). Saloons were disappointing with the current politicking getting in the way of people actually getting out there and racing. /QUOTE]

What is going on with Saloon Cars?
Old 29 Jun 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2493093)   #24
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
*toddles over to the Saloon Car thread to see whats going on*
Old 29 Jun 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2493103)   #25
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Dasher I think you might not be aware that the Safety Car at Winton is a Falcon and much of the Saturday Commodore Cup Enduro was run behind the Safety Car due to multiple on track incidents
Got me