Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2496516)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tanking in the V8's - SafetyCarGate

We often here it the football codes, Tanking, playing but not win but to get a better draft pick. Now it seems Hidden Valleys last safety car was a bit of a tank to get a better finish for me mate.

Some extra investigations at Townsville. Surley, by now the supposed telemtry and read outs from the ICU( with out extra wires) should be able to tell the story.

My mate had a Ht that use to vaporize a lot, cool down and we were of again. I think that fuel was boiling and a little snooze fo the safety car, and all is well might not wash, but then again, there could be cool suit for the fuel TANK.

I suppose all the Eady Experts will be out on this one.
Best get a chemist involved.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2496524)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Dude,

I think that you may have been "tanked" when you wrote that.

Can anyone translate?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2496531)   #3
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 officials are going to investigate why Tim Slade's car stopped during the second Hidden Valley race. It has been alleged that there was nothing wrong with the car, and that Slade stopped deliberately to draw a Safety Car period. Why? Supercheap Auto team-mate Russell Ingall was on the sprint tyres, but needed a safety car to bring him closer to the cars ahead of him if he wanted to move up any further.

Seriously, did anyone else think it looked really suspicious? It made for a good race to the flag, though!
Old 6 Jul 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2496535)   #4
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Dude,

I think that you may have been "tanked" when you wrote that.

Can anyone translate?
very simple, use a tactic to ensure you get a better reward than that effort applied. Holding back, delaying, fudging,hundreds of terms for the educated, or did you arrive in last weeks sun shower.

Tanked - having drank a large amount of liquid of the alcohol variety.

Tanking - Using circumstances to your advantage

There is two distinct differences.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2496539)   #5
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who didnt think it looked suspicious?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2496561)   #6
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
very simple, use a tactic to ensure you get a better reward than that effort applied. Holding back, delaying, fudging,hundreds of terms for the educated, or did you arrive in last weeks sun shower.

Tanked - having drank a large amount of liquid of the alcohol variety.

Tanking - Using circumstances to your advantage

There is two distinct differences.
Yeah - get all that and knew exactly what you were talking about.

Was having a gentle dig at the huge number of typos etc. in your post - just a small bit of fishing for the hell of it.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2496794)   #7
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone think 'NASCAR'? - V8 drivers still haven't mastered this component of the so-called 'sport'. Next time maybe he will have the foresight to spin before 'stopping suddenly'

And surely <gasp> this has never been done before in V8's?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2496923)   #8
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
Anyone think 'NASCAR'? - V8 drivers still haven't mastered this component of the so-called 'sport'. Next time maybe he will have the foresight to spin before 'stopping suddenly'

And surely <gasp> this has never been done before in V8's?
Sure there have been swerves like this before (in Supercars, previous forms of touring car racing, open wheelers, you name it - both here and overseas).

Problem has always been proving it but yeah, this one did look a bit suss.

Not a bad thing that it is being looked at (as it should be really) but not really a "shock - horror" type situation.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2497169)   #9
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cynical in us could also suggest that this was in fact better for the sponsors rather than worse. They get the failed car on TV a bit, Russell's car gets air time because it could carve em up.

But the gullible could suggest that it was bad for the sponsors as a car they've got their name on has stopped... kaput.

Who knows.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2497242)   #10
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it was a ploy from V8SA and TC to spice things up a bit?

"hey Paul, get Tim to park it round the back with a problem, we'll launch a safety car and Russell gets to bang a few more spots up the grid, we all win, except for Tim, but he was down the field anyway"
Old 7 Jul 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2497297)   #11
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post

"hey Paul, get Tim to park it round the back with a problem, we'll launch a safety car and Russell gets to bang a few more spots up the grid, we all win, except for Tim, but he was down the field anyway"
I would suggest Tim was in fact looking for a loose body work call to cruel Rusty but didn't get assistance from the observers!
If it really happened.

Depends if you want the organisers, ala Nascar, calling the "lets make the game exciting" or individual teams deciding a race.
If they don't nail them for this blatant "bring the sport into disrepute" then anyone can cause a safety car for their own purposes when they want.

Sometimes you reap what you sow.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 04:22 (Ref:2497606)   #12
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was sure they already looked at the telemetry and found it was infact a problem, and not just 'turn the car off, then fire it up again once the safety car is out, cheers'
Old 8 Jul 2009, 06:16 (Ref:2497618)   #13
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
V8SA trying to manufacture race finishes?

I won't hear it, surely not
Old 8 Jul 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2497718)   #14
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
V8SA trying to manufacture race finishes?

I won't hear it, surely not
Old 8 Jul 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2497731)   #15
Woolcor
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane Qld
Woolcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the team ordered him to pull over, wouldn't it be recorded on the radio chatter? Assuming those conversations are monitored or recorded of course.

But it makes no sense why they would do it in this day and age. Love him or hate him, I don't think anyone can call PM a cheat. Can they?
Old 10 Jul 2009, 06:00 (Ref:2498789)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hearing tomorrow

Nice piece about not having a colour printer at the track to print the data traces I have seen several of them in different garages over the years... doesnt the VESASuperTruck carry one for the media centre

There is actually an Officeworks there.....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Jul 2009, 07:08 (Ref:2498804)   #17
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Debris on the back straight - put 'em out!'

or

'He's spun coming out of turn 2 - looks like he can't get going again - he's stuck isn't he? Safety Car roll - the leader is coming up to you....Oh bugger - he's got the car going again! Oh well - time for a rest and a coffee - waiter, over here and make it snappy!!'
Old 12 Jul 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2499724)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Move along, nothing to see here

Bring back the Kelvinmonster! (Can't believe I just wrote that!) At least when he was chasing Dynamik, and he was totally wrong, the facts never got in the way of the rhetoric and venom in the public and motorsport press to ensure a conviction by media, as well as the courts of the sport

Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2499733)   #19
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Move along, nothing to see here

Bring back the Kelvinmonster! (Can't believe I just wrote that!) At least when he was chasing Dynamik, and he was totally wrong, the facts never got in the way of the rhetoric and venom in the public and motorsport press to ensure a conviction by media, as well as the courts of the sport

That's a cheap shot.

He was totally right about Dynamik in regard to Woomera and there were many in the sport who felt that they got off lightly at the time. Funny that you are talking about not letting facts get in the way of rhetoric and venom when you are doing exactly that yourself.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2499736)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
That's a cheap shot.

He was totally right about Dynamik in regard to Woomera and there were many in the sport who felt that they got off lightly at the time. Funny that you are talking about not letting facts get in the way of rhetoric and venom when you are doing exactly that yourself.
Do I look like the governing body of the sport?

Its no cheap shot at all. Some issues at VESA have been approached with strength and solidarity, like Dynamik, while others like Splittergate and SafetyCarGate are almost like an afterthought

Does nothing to inspire confidence in the judiciary
Old 12 Jul 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2499740)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how has the safety car issue not be meet with strength and solidarity ( i concede the splitter issue was)
they said, the pooint has been raised we will meet at the next race and sort it out. so they did and they have. no issue