Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Apr 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2168904)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
2008 Ten-Tenths ALMS and Le Mans Spotters Guides

09th June - Updated

The 2008 Le Mans Spotters Guide is now online!

Download it from here.

The 2008 ALMS Spotters Guide is now online!

The guide comes as a free downloadable PDF or JPEG. The PDF contains vector art, so its scaleable to infinity! The JPEG is available for those with older or small printers. We will be updating during the season, so please check back. I have increased the size of the JPEG following feedback, so this should be clearer

The Guides (along with the BTCC and F1 Spotters Guide) can be downloaded at www.spotterguides.com

NOTES:
  • Not every logo is displayed. we had to keep the file size manageable.Liveries and details have been changing all the time, so some small details maybe out of date.
  • I wont always be updating it for every race, maybe every couple
  • Don't treat the driver line up as gospel. It tends to change all the time.
  • There are bound to be some mistakes somewhere with 40 cars - if you see any please email or PM me, rather than posting here
  • The de Ferran Acura is an Artist Impression. The VICI Porsche is a little bit of a Spotters Guide exclusive, thanks to someone at Utah
Please read the copyright/note box - Do not abuse this freebie or pass it off as your own.

Thanks to Ten-Tenths, DailySportscar and Radio Le Mans for their support with this project.
Old 3 Apr 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2168964)   #2
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice idea. Thank you for sharing. Also comes in handy for archiving, when you need a quick look which year a certain car drove.

Thanks to all involved. Hope a LM/LMS (FiaGt) version will follow later.
Old 3 Apr 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2169096)   #3
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Just to halt any future emails and PM. I dropped a clanger calling the R10, the R8. I'll get that updated and hopefully be online when the UK wakes up again In the meantime, the files are still available.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 01:43 (Ref:2169165)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Andy, that's terrific!
Old 4 Apr 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2169192)   #5
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant spotters guide! This is by far the cleanest most organized guide I have seen to date. Did you make those drawings from scratch? They're great!
Old 4 Apr 2008, 05:46 (Ref:2169218)   #6
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82
Brilliant spotters guide! This is by far the cleanest most organized guide I have seen to date. Did you make those drawings from scratch? They're great!
Thanks very much. Quite a few were produced for the guide. I had a number (997, F430, Creation, Porsche, Astons etc) drawn up from previous sponsorship proposals, but now I have an ALMS collection, it will be easier as each season passes (i've found that with BTCC, I'm in the 4th year).

Had quite a bit of help from DSC, Ten-Tenths and various photo sites have been useful. KW Motorsport helped with dimensions etc and I have a good library (and access to) logos. The teams I had to contact were an open bunch too. A couple of the TV crews will also be using it

Anyway, hope is useful to some, even if it doesnt have helmets.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 06:06 (Ref:2169227)   #7
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Just to clarify - posting of this was cleared with Ten-Tenths as a matter of courtesy. Ten-Tenths have supported the series of guides for the last 3-4 years and host the spotterguides website for it, so they are great partners in the project, and all above board
Old 4 Apr 2008, 08:07 (Ref:2169278)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
updated (thanks Grant)
Old 4 Apr 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2169503)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great job Andy
Old 6 Apr 2008, 04:08 (Ref:2170846)   #10
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
An updated guide will be ready for Long Beach
Old 7 Apr 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2171955)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Contributors to this thread my have noticed that some of the posts have been removed.

This thread is to discuss the Official Ten-Tenths ALMS 2008 guide, which is hosted on www.SpotterGuides.com which is a Ten-Tenths website.

Other ALMS guides have been compiled and are widely available from various other websites and while we acknowledge the work that other people have put in to their guides, Andy produces several Official Tenths guides and has my permission to advertise them and the updates appropriately.

If anyone has any comments regarding this, please feel free to PM me and please keep this thread on-topic.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2174564)   #12
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a few quick points. The #008, 12, and 37 are all on Dunlops and the Panoz is #21.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2174717)   #13
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
thanks - we have caught and corrected all these for the Long Beach edition, which will be online mid-week, before LB
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2179026)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
The Ten-Tenths ALMS Spotters Guide has been updated for Long Beach and can be downloaded in the usual place www.spotterguides.com

For the moment, the Bell aston is listed in the full-time entries. We will see if it re-appears (and if there is room to squeeze that in the part-time section!) at a later date
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2179064)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroehl
Just a few quick points. The #008, 12, and 37 are all on Dunlops and the Panoz is #21.
ahh, did have this listed, but forgot to change the Autocon and Intersport cars. Sorry
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2179094)   #16
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
For the moment, the Bell aston is listed in the full-time entries. We will see if it re-appears (and if there is room to squeeze that in the part-time section!) at a later date
The Bell Motorsports Aston is a full season entry as verified by it being awarded team championship points by the ALMS (only awarded to full season entrants) link. This almost guarantees them a Le Mans entry next year. Which would, IMO, be the crown on the credentials for this chassis in M. Fux private collection. Therefore it would seem we will see this car for most, if not all, of the remaining rounds.

L.P.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2185359)   #17
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
whitec21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there ever be an LMS spotter's guide?
Old 25 Apr 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2186906)   #18
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
unlilkely. this one took ******* ages, eating into my work and spare time and work pays the mortgage! ...unless a sponsor were to step up of course.
Old 14 May 2008, 06:59 (Ref:2201816)   #19
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Salt Lake City version will be online during the course of Friday. Waiting for pics of a couple of cars
Old 16 May 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2203739)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The latest version (V3) is now available on www.SpotterGuides.com
Old 16 May 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2204201)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
just seen a pic of the de Ferran Acura. Its basically, as per the test day, so its black base, with the red stripes I have on the spotters guide and a small Panasonic on the sidepod. so much for my artist impression LOL!
Old 23 May 2008, 02:13 (Ref:2209489)   #22
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
just seen a pic of the de Ferran Acura. Its basically, as per the test day, so its black base, with the red stripes I have on the spotters guide and a small Panasonic on the sidepod. so much for my artist impression LOL!
Actually, it's blue, not black.
Old 23 May 2008, 06:04 (Ref:2209545)   #23
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two-tone blue...
Old 23 May 2008, 13:38 (Ref:2209822)   #24
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
correct, satin as well. The guide was updated over the weekend to reflect that
Old 9 Jun 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2223479)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Ten-Tenths Official Spotter Guide to Le Mans 2008 Now Available

Ten-Tenths in association with SpotterGuides.com and Andy Blackmore Design, are pleased to announce the free download of the '24 Heures du Mans Spotters Guide' for the 2008 race.

As with the other Spotter Guides, this is available in a PDF and JPEG versions. The guide features side views of all 55 entries, along with team, chassis, engine, tyre and driver details to aid your viewing at La Sarthe, or in front of your television!

With so many entries, we have extended the guide onto two pages. The PDF contains both pages in High Resolution format, so you can print this as big as you want, without loosing any resolution (dare someone to put it on the side of a truck!). The PDF is recommended for high-end printers and papers, larger than A4. You need Adobe Acrobat to view PDF files.

The two JPEG files are more suitable for A4/Letter and for older printers.

Thanks to all the partners in helping to make the Spotters Guide series such as success.

The Le Mans guide is available here.