Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 3 Feb 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2625991)   #1276
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even for class A the floor must remain steel the rules specifically state so

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2626168)   #1277
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graham with respect we are not making a song and dance about it just raising awareness about it, that is basicly one of the things a forum is for.
We all just want to go race and enjoy our selfs.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:41 (Ref:2626207)   #1278
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes thats it Tris.I mentioned it because when you build a racing Mini it is standard procedure to replace the boot floor with carbon etc as it is allowed in Migs and all the other championships that we have cars running in.Would have been a shame for someone to turn up at Brands and not be able to race dont forget this not only concernes the Minis but all other cars as well.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2626213)   #1279
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can still run in the Quaife intermarque series, which has some very interesting cars appearing this year.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2626234)   #1280
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr View Post
Even for class A the floor must remain steel the rules specifically state so
fair enough.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 10:15 (Ref:2626268)   #1281
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Big Dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks all, Just got home, amazing how good news travels lol. You know after an event you think why the hell did i do that!! well it was one of them moments, i now have a bionic arm full of bits of metal so next time i stand a better chance of keeping that 4x4 of the deck lol lol see you a soon Dave

J J J Jemma
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2626606)   #1282
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Seeing as i now have a little time on my hands (well arm) and being a builder of race minis (and an addict lol) for a few years now i think i may be obtaing a set of regs to have a very very careful read of, i have many many ideas to to make a mini very much more competitive than they are now. I will be building to the rules as many are apparently not, for examlpe ie i did not belive headlights were allowed to be blanked in 2009 DMN or am i wrong there are so many points like this ??? i have no intreast in the petty side of racing just showing my full potentencial as a leading mini race car builder and giving very much more expensive and modern machinery a run for its money with a 50 year old car see you all next season. And if there is any Minis out there fancy getting a bit quicker you know where to find me xxx Dave

J J J Jemma
Old 4 Feb 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2626793)   #1283
BESSIE
Rookie

BESSIE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many years have you been building minis how many championships have they one
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2626863)   #1284
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
rww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Thanks all, Just got home, amazing how good news travels lol. You know after an event you think why the hell did i do that!! well it was one of them moments, i now have a bionic arm full of bits of metal so next time i stand a better chance of keeping that 4x4 of the deck lol lol see you a soon Dave
Sorry to hear of your mishap Gavin and we all wish you a speedy and painfree recovery. This may sound a bit mercenary but are you able to weld with one arm? If so, then you know that beatiful piece of work you did 18months ago, letting in Mr Curley's best boot floor into the Sow's Ear? Well.........
Take it easy and looking forward to seeing you soon.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2626927)   #1285
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
rww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr View Post
thats unfortunate, BUT the rules have always stated no modifications allowed to the unitary construction and only minor modifications to boot floor to allow the fitting of a fuel cell, further more they also stated it wasnt permissable to remove the entire boot floor which obiviously your are doing if you fit an alloy or carbon floor,

so in actual fact the rules havnt changed just clarified at the request of the scruitieers
Graham, you may well think the 2009 Techn. Regs clear and unambiguous but presumably the scrutineers did not, otherwise they would not have asked for clarification. I'm still none the wiser as to what is meant by unitary construction but previously believed this was the main cabin cell.'Minor modifications' is open to interpretation and we didn't remove the entire boot floor , we replaced part of it and ensured that the 'rear floor pan remains intact and structurally sound.' (2009 regs).
However, thats all behind us now but perhaps something can be learned from this. A little consultation and clearer publication of the changes would have avoided the frustration many DMN Mini racers are now feeling.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2627070)   #1286
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
well writen RWW if you look around the regs etc there are numerous variation, its just the minis turn this year to be picked on.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2627107)   #1287
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BESSIE View Post
How many years have you been building minis how many championships have they one
Hi I have been building and competing for 15 years considering im only 31 im very proud of what i have achieved to date!!!!! i built my own Autotest car (including engine/box) while on crutches after knee opp and have won my championship (national) for the last 10 years. As for the circuit cars i have built/helped you know full well what they have been acheiving and am very proud to say i helped them !!!! (you all know who you are no need for names). i would like to say i left the Mini 7 formula partly due to the company i was working for at the time but mostly due to peoples attitudes in so called club level (FUN) motorsport, i then discoverd with Mr Cujo where real racing gentleman style was taking part (SEMSEC) not following the current trend copying the touring car crap!!!! i was hooked, i love the people love, the cars, love the attitude, love the cameradary, and as long as i have my valued customers and freinds this is where you will find me hopefully for many many years Big Dave

J J J Jemma
Old 5 Feb 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2627117)   #1288
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by rww View Post
Graham, you may well think the 2009 Techn. Regs clear and unambiguous but presumably the scrutineers did not, otherwise they would not have asked for clarification. I'm still none the wiser as to what is meant by unitary construction but previously believed this was the main cabin cell.'Minor modifications' is open to interpretation and we didn't remove the entire boot floor , we replaced part of it and ensured that the 'rear floor pan remains intact and structurally sound.' (2009 regs).
However, thats all behind us now but perhaps something can be learned from this. A little consultation and clearer publication of the changes would have avoided the frustration many DMN Mini racers are now feeling.
if you actually look at the mini boot floor pannel it comtinues under rear seat bulkhead to form the lower sear pannel, removing the center part in the boot floor you still have roughly 50% of the pannel left!!! we could reomve this whole pannel but we dont, only the part that the tank is located on!!!!! surely a minor mod to make sure fuel cell is safe is the important factor here!!! and by the way, this pannel is in no way part of the reay floor pan

J J J Jemma
Old 5 Feb 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2627345)   #1289
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Gav, do you reckon you can build a mini quicker than the fastest current dmn mini on a standard unit (not kad head?)
Old 5 Feb 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2627361)   #1290
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i could if you gave me £100K ........now where did i put my mate bill watsanames contact number ..lol
Old 5 Feb 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2627366)   #1291
mig
Racer

England
You can have my Honda for half of that Woody then I can buy my dream Renault.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2627427)   #1292
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
Gav, do you reckon you can build a mini quicker than the fastest current dmn mini on a standard unit (not kad head?)
Tris whats the fastest dmn lap time at brands and lydden.
fastest lap dont always win. Race craft / slip steaming plays the biggest part.

But seeing theres is no minium weight limit at the moment you need a light weight driver acid dip the body shell etc keeping it very minamilastic and i have heard there is a standard a series engine out soon that will push the limits further.
Could make an intresting project but expensive, be better off building a historic that has a better resale value.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2627431)   #1293
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig View Post
You can have my Honda for half of that Woody then I can buy my dream Renault.
Yep minis are expensive to build with little resale value, better off building 1600cc 16 valve corsa that could produce 230bhp.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2627439)   #1294
mig
Racer

England
You build them because you love em Rob.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2627444)   #1295
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig View Post
You build them because you love em Rob.
You not wrong Lee but i reckon a corsa with the right engine and driver not me on paper could win class e
Old 5 Feb 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2627449)   #1296
mig
Racer

England
If you have got the power and you can get in front and take away the minis cornering speed then the job should be done.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2627459)   #1297
Chris_w
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent
Chris_w should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Morris View Post
You not wrong Lee but i reckon a corsa with the right engine and driver not me on paper could win class e
It's the 205's I'm worried about in Class E, I think a well sorted one would walk the class.

On lap times, I know Ken's best is 46.9 at Lydden, not sure if Gerald's been quicker?
Old 5 Feb 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2627476)   #1298
mig
Racer

England
I got my Mini round in the mid 46s but Lydden is all about grip something with a wide wheel and a soft tyre and low weight should be quick but the DMN only has one round there its the other circuits you need to think about.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2627604)   #1299
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
yes Tris i do mate!! i have a few ideas that are regs legal for the engines the main problems lie with 50 year old ideas. you need to remember that really Mini Migs are some of the fastest minis around but you do not need to follow what they do coz it works you are not running to their regs think out of the box, think Jap technology. Im even considering selling my 280 BHP Caterham and putting my ideas and skills where my mouth is. Im no cheat just an engineer that likes to think so come on Mini all men sorry and Gemma!! lets continue to kick arse in 2010

J J J Jemma
Old 8 Feb 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2629317)   #1300
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
To be honest if i was doing a national series all the time i would rather have some thing like lee because you dont need to ring its neck for every last bhp or throw tyres at it.