Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 May 2016, 05:33 (Ref:3639990)   #7001
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederss7 View Post
Noob question: what's a front gearbox?
It's the gearbox for the electric engine for the front axel.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Old 8 May 2016, 06:04 (Ref:3639991)   #7002
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Jani, # 2 was about 400bhp down.
Old 8 May 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3639994)   #7003
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Porsche and Audi will be testing simultaneously at Aragon.
Old 8 May 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3639996)   #7004
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
According to Jani, # 2 was about 400bhp down.
Really speaks volume on the nonhybrid power deficit, when the Swiss couldn't keep up.
Old 8 May 2016, 07:11 (Ref:3639997)   #7005
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The front gearbox issue with the #1 was caused by the different speeds between the front wheels after the second picture. Really unlucky!

They did change the differential on the front drivetrain then. Makes sense. I was somewhat confused about this "gearbox" change as I thought and understood that they were referring to the engine gearbox at the rear. Don't know why they call this a (front) "gearbox" and not a differential though.
Old 8 May 2016, 10:04 (Ref:3640040)   #7006
CheeseHead
Rookie

United States
Chicago
CheeseHead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
#2 had balance issues all weekend.

Doesn't explain why Lieb was 0.7secs slower that Jani in the same car ! Lieb is in the car because he is allegedly the best car developer on the grid, which is why Porsche put up with his lack of pace. If he is slow and can't set up a car then why is he there ?
Old 8 May 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3640047)   #7007
CheeseHead
Rookie

United States
Chicago
Quote:
Porsche and Audi will be testing simultaneously at Aragon.
When ?
Old 8 May 2016, 10:15 (Ref:3640049)   #7008
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseHead View Post
Doesn't explain why Lieb was 0.7secs slower that Jani in the same car ! Lieb is in the car because he is allegedly the best car developer on the grid, which is why Porsche put up with his lack of pace. If he is slow and can't set up a car then why is he there ?
It is a myth that he is not on the pace. If you study his stint times in the races you will find that he is very much on the pace.
As for the set-up issues: they were having brake balance issues. They changed the brakes and and things improved. They can't figure out why they are not as fast as the #1 even when using the same set-up. They are trying to go a different route. I'm sure that over time they will figure it out.

Old 8 May 2016, 10:21 (Ref:3640052)   #7009
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
When ?
Soon. I'll try find the actual dates.

Old 8 May 2016, 11:07 (Ref:3640059)   #7010
CheeseHead
Rookie

United States
Chicago
Quote:
It is a myth that he is not on the pace. If you study his stint times in the races you will find that he is very much on the pace.
As for the set-up issues: they were having brake balance issues. They changed the brakes and and things improved. They can't figure out why they are not as fast as the #1 even when using the same set-up. They are trying to go a different route. I'm sure that over time they will figure it out.

Spiderman I can only go on the information I have! On outright lap time Lieb is consistently slower than Jani (see alkamel timing) going back over many races. If you have the stint times per driver I am happy to be proved wrong.

Porsche obviously has reliability issues, my assertion is that they could improve on the driver front too ... IMHO

Last edited by CheeseHead; 8 May 2016 at 11:13.
Old 8 May 2016, 13:19 (Ref:3640106)   #7011
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
webber and lieb switched their role... in 2014 lieb in #14 was one of the fastest in the best porsche; while webber in #20 was the slowest porsche driver in almost all races. In 2015 webber gained some speed and #17 became the best porsche, lieb struggled compared to jani and dumas with #18 always slower than #17 (and #19 too). This year seems to watch the same script, even if #1 drivers scored 1,5 points so far, while #2 lead with 43 points.
If things will remain like this, I'd expect to see bamber promoted as lmp1 driver and lieb back in gtpro with manthey new 991.

Anyway, won't be surprised to see Derani in a work lmp1 in a couple or years
Old 8 May 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3640126)   #7012
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Spiderman I can only go on the information I have! On outright lap time Lieb is consistently slower than Jani (see alkamel timing) going back over many races. If you have the stint times per driver I am happy to be proved wrong.

Porsche obviously has reliability issues, my assertion is that they could improve on the driver front too ... IMHO
It really is not surprising that Lieb is slower than Jani. Jani is the top two fastest driver in the team.

Old 8 May 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3640164)   #7013
CheeseHead
Rookie

United States
Chicago
Quote:
It really is not surprising that Lieb is slower than Jani. Jani is the top two fastest driver in the team.

That's my point, Jani is quick, the #2 needs 3 quick drivers or it will drop below Audi and Toyota. Bamber, Tandu and Mako waiting in the wings
Old 8 May 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3640166)   #7014
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
It's not going to happen this year. Next year(s) will most likely be different.

Old 8 May 2016, 22:27 (Ref:3640209)   #7015
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Really speaks volume on the nonhybrid power deficit, when the Swiss couldn't keep up.
With the 10MJ reduction, Porsche's ICE might be getting around 500HP now while Rebellion have ~600.

Porsche outpaces Rebellion, even with 100HP less, because they have better aero and likely quite better tires.
Old 9 May 2016, 06:45 (Ref:3640258)   #7016
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It was surprising that Porsche managed those lap times without the hybrid power, they didn't even have any brake cooling issues.

They were loosing around 5-6s per lap compared to their normal functional car.
Old 9 May 2016, 06:50 (Ref:3640259)   #7017
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
From what I understand, they had intermittent hybrid power.
They did indeed have brake issues so they had to drive defensively in order to avoid cooling issues.
Old 9 May 2016, 09:15 (Ref:3640281)   #7018
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
With the 10MJ reduction, Porsche's ICE might be getting around 500HP now while Rebellion have ~600.

Porsche outpaces Rebellion, even with 100HP less, because they have better aero and likely quite better tires.
And the Porsche have the exhaust electric generation.
Old 9 May 2016, 09:44 (Ref:3640285)   #7019
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As spyderman noted, they were not completely out of hybrid power.

Their PR:
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/moto...ace-12510.html
"Car number 2 cannot use the full electric power for the remaining race distance"

This reads, that they had some power, but we can not know how much and what part exactly was problematic (MGU-H, MGU-K, battery storage, inverter ...)
Old 9 May 2016, 10:28 (Ref:3640289)   #7020
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They had some power, but you could see from the bar graph on the on screen display that they couldn't deploy it all. Crossing the line with almost half the power remaining at one point.

Of course with a faulty system, there's no telling if the graph was right or not!
Old 9 May 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3640363)   #7021
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pace of the #2 just proves that there is nothing wrong with the rules. A 20kg heavier car with much less fuel flow was comfortably quicker then the privateer cars. The truth is that P1-L teams are not good enough for this level, it's not a rule problem.
Old 9 May 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3640366)   #7022
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
The pace of the #2 just proves that there is nothing wrong with the rules. A 20kg heavier car with much less fuel flow was comfortably quicker then the privateer cars. The truth is that P1-L teams are not good enough for this level, it's not a rule problem.
So essentially, when Rebellion was beating the likes of JRM, Strakka, Oak, Pescarolo, Dyson and Pickett, they also would not have been good enough lol. By this logic no-one in the world would be good enough for this level, except maybe Penske or something

Anyway, if you truly believe it's the competitors fault, not rules, then blame Oreca for building such "failure" of a car for the Swiss,.
Old 9 May 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3640369)   #7023
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So essentially, when Rebellion was beating the likes of JRM, Strakka, Oak, Pescarolo, Dyson and Pickett, they also would not have been good enough lol. By this logic no-one in the world would be good enough for this level, except maybe Penske or something

Anyway, if you truly believe it's the competitors fault, not rules, then blame Oreca for building such "failure" of a car for the Swiss,.
No i mean that a lot of people are angry that privateers are so far away from the ultimate pace and think it's the ACO's fault, when in reality an "off the shelf" car should never have a chance to compete for the overall win.
Old 9 May 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3640373)   #7024
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
No i mean that a lot of people are angry that privateers are so far away from the ultimate pace and think it's the ACO's fault, when in reality an "off the shelf" car should never have a chance to compete for the overall win.
Alright, actually agree with you there.
Old 9 May 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3640465)   #7025
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
DSC says it's believed the car ran without the battery system, but still had usage of the ERS-H system. Wonder how much that's worth?