Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Aug 2007, 20:43 (Ref:1980127)   #51
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liuzzi is out, so no comparison with Bourdaise.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1980168)   #52
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman-normal
Bluewolf, I agree with all that you say, there is however a problem in any attempt to compare drivers. The difference between the cars and teams, in F1 is huge compared to champ Car.

The switch between Bourdais and speed and then judging their performance against Liuzzi and Rayhal would go a long way toward determining the relative merits of the two series.
Yes that would be a great way to compare them -- But I guess if the rumors are accurate, Bourdais is in at STR for next year but they just haven't announced it yet -- But Speed versus Rayhal 2008 and compare it with the Bourdais, Rayhal 2007 would give us the answer. {with some consideration to the fact that the young Rayhal would have another season under his belt and also that it would be Speed's first year in CC as opposed to quite a few seasons for Bourdais}

Last edited by Bluewolf; 3 Aug 2007 at 22:23.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1980188)   #53
norman-normal
Veteran

Yes, and BBC said, today, that STR announced that Vittle (sp?) is replacing Liuzzi. STR must be using Toyota as their model. I kinda wonder bout them, mabey Seb is wondering too.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 23:52 (Ref:1980191)   #54
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf
Ridiculous - Speed defends himself against his owners when HE'S attacked - he has every right to do that.
From all accounts Tost is fairly mild mannered and Speed must have wound him up something horrid. Blaming the team because he parked it in the gravel is a bit lame, most team managers would tend to froth at the mouth if their driver tried that one on
Old 4 Aug 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1980193)   #55
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, and BBC said, today, that STR announced that Vittle (sp?) is replacing Liuzzi. STR must be using Toyota as their model. I kinda wonder bout them, mabey Seb is wondering too.
Whats wrong with Seb Vettel ????? His first F1 race was at Indy, to replace Kubica. Qualified 7th and finished 8th, his first time at the track! TGF has been talking about him since he was 12 years old.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 00:35 (Ref:1980203)   #56
norman-normal
Veteran

Vettel sounds great, it's STR that I'm wondering about. If Vettel doesn't doe much better than his predecessors, STR wont look too good.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 01:10 (Ref:1980220)   #57
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12
From all accounts Tost is fairly mild mannered and Speed must have wound him up something horrid. Blaming the team because he parked it in the gravel is a bit lame, most team managers would tend to froth at the mouth if their driver tried that one on
Huh?? you apparently don't know what happened - Speed parked it in the gravel-- Tost yelled at him for it {so far we're fine} Then Speed yelled back at Tost because his pit stop that was over 1 minute! {we're still fine} then Tost physically asaulted Speed, coming up from behind and punching him in the back {now we're not fine} Tost, the baby, can blame everyone else but when he's criticized he goes ballistic!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 01:20 (Ref:1980225)   #58
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Saw that in another thread, is Liuzzi still running this weekend or was Tonio's seat gone for next year and thats the non-conformation of Bourdais at STR next year along with Vettel. Who incidentally was SCREWED royally by his new team by having Speed do the last round of testing at Mugello with no time for him to get used to the car and then throwing him in the car with no seat time before first practice at Hungary. STR has management, right, and they have at least a little of a clue?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 02:21 (Ref:1980239)   #59
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When Tonio and Scott are gone from STR I still foresee many problems for that team. I'd love to see Champ Car with Speed, Rahal, and Marco in competitive seats. Sure would make Champ Car a little more yank-friendly. The Ganassi and Rahal(/Letterman?) rumors need to be expanded upon before my mouth starts to foam.

Chris
Old 4 Aug 2007, 03:21 (Ref:1980258)   #60
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Vettel is replacing Scott Speed - can anyone link that Liuzzi is being replaced by Vettel as well? I mean, he is a heck of a driver but I don't think he can replace both...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 10:36 (Ref:1987407)   #61
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61507

Scott focused on America now.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 14:01 (Ref:1987552)   #62
billiaml
Racer

United States
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA
billiaml should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the update
Old 14 Aug 2007, 23:55 (Ref:1989230)   #63
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Several sources within Red Bull Racing say that Scott Speed will probably go to race on Red Bull's NASCAR team in 2008.

http://www.cupscene.com/081407nascar2.htm
Old 15 Aug 2007, 01:53 (Ref:1989277)   #64
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So is it likely to be an additional car, or in replacement of a current driver.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1989712)   #65
SPRacer
Racer

United States
St. Petersburg, FL
SPRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Scott Speed and AJ Allmendinger, once believed to be the future faces of American open-wheel racing, will be teammates in NASCAR???

Wonderful.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1990088)   #66
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
There are a number of "future faces of American open-wheel racing" in NASCAR!

As I said in another thread, Red Bull sending Scott NASCAR's way is not a positive indicator on the health of either open wheel series.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 06:31 (Ref:1990701)   #67
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
I hate NASCAR -- It's boring and the cars are like tug boats compared to the speed boats of F1.