Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2419054)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR Cup - Round 5, Bristol...

One of the most exciting races on the calender - 15 second laps

Both Nationwide & Cup racing, should be very entertaining races - my tip, a Busch
Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2419104)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
And also important because of the owner points top 35.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:35 (Ref:2419244)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be at the race, I fly out tomorrow and I can't wait. Had my first taste of a live race at Charlotte in October and I'm hooked!
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2419250)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah! Bristol!
Old 19 Mar 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2419310)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I will be at the race, I fly out tomorrow and I can't wait. Had my first taste of a live race at Charlotte in October and I'm hooked!
For god's sake take earplugs... it is LOUD! I have never worn earplugs at any race meeting I have ever been to but I seriously regretted it at Bristol.

Craig

PS You will have an awesome time - I am very jealous!
Old 19 Mar 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2419432)   #6
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
For god's sake take earplugs... it is LOUD! I have never worn earplugs at any race meeting I have ever been to but I seriously regretted it at Bristol.

Craig

PS You will have an awesome time - I am very jealous!
Pffffft, I went in August, it really wasn't THAT loud. I didn't need ear plugs, neither did any of the people we went with, haha.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2420241)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It does sound like a good idea to take plugs as a precaution, what with all that noise whipping around a little stadium.

Love Bristol, shame I'll miss this one due to work. Some really top drivers on the top 35 bubble as well. The likes of Mark Martin, Ryan Newman, Aric Almirola, Joey Logano, Scott Speed cannot afford any problems.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2420343)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
What I love most about the short-tracks like Bristol is when you see a clean pass completed. You know its been earned.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2420350)   #9
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Also, since aerodynamics don't mean s**t on a short track, you can move people out of the way, which makes it more exciting!
Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2420507)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Mark Martin on pole:
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2009/5/data/lineup.html
Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2420508)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Martin got the pole again

1. Mark Martin Chevrolet 15.256
2. Ryan Newman Chevrolet 15.260
3. Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet 15.295
4. Greg Biffle Ford 15.315
5. Kasey Kahne Dodge 15.356
6. David Reutimann Toyota 15.374
7. Reed Sorenson Dodge 15.407
8. Dave Blaney Toyota 15.411
9. Jamie McMurray Ford 15.413
10. Jeff Gordon Chevrolet 15.441

12. Juan Montoya Chevrolet 15.458
13. Marcos Ambrose Toyota 15.458
19. Kyle Busch Toyota 15.521
34. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet 15.635
Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2420541)   #12
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another fine showing from Junior! Really earning his place amongst the Hendrick boys!
Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2420546)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speed 11th, Almirola 18th, Logano 23rd.

Newman and Martin in a nice safe place for now.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2420562)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Pffffft, I went in August, it really wasn't THAT loud. I didn't need ear plugs, neither did any of the people we went with, haha.
Funny, must have changed since last August. My ears were ringing for a week afterwards. Seriously. Guess it depends where you sit but take them as a precaution.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2420623)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I think it was meant to be a joke along the lines of it was no problem since they were deafened?

I fail to see how a track with a set-up like Bristol could be anything other than utterly thunderous: the racket from the cars must echo and reverberate around the place something chronic.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 01:26 (Ref:2420655)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
I think it was meant to be a joke along the lines of it was no problem since they were deafened?

I fail to see how a track with a set-up like Bristol could be anything other than utterly thunderous: the racket from the cars must echo and reverberate around the place something chronic.
It wasn't a joke. I'm 100% serious. It really wasn't all that bad, I was under one of the skyboxes too, so even more reverb. Hell, the jets were louder, imo.

Then again, maybe it's because I'm used to hearing stockcars?
Old 21 Mar 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2420757)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
So am I, but the only other places I've seen them tend to be pretty wide open such as Talladega, Daytona, Homestead and Sears Point. I am used to being around cars of all sorts. On an open track an F1 car can make your ears ring whilst a stock car does little but at Bristol it is a different matter. All the noise is held in the venue and you will need plugs. Trust me on that.

Have alisten to this video I took of the start and note how defeningly loud the commentator is. Then note, as a couple of laps pass and the cars get up a head of steam, that you absolutely have no idea when the commentatror is speaking much less what he is saying...
Old 21 Mar 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2420850)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Doubt Matt will be able to hear that video now, he is probably deaf.

Nah, I couldn't do Bristol without plugs. It'd get a bit annoying after a while if nothing else.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2420882)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they don't call it "thunder valley" for nothin. i guess it got a little loader when they closed the entire track in; no where for the noise to go but straight into your brain. i need to go!

glad to see mark martin still quick on the short tracks.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2420952)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
they don't call it "thunder valley" for nothin.
I always thought it was Thunder Alley. Must have misheard when they told me... I'm a little deaf, you know.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2421178)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I always thought it was Thunder Alley. Must have misheard when they told me... I'm a little deaf, you know.
what?
Old 21 Mar 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2421230)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not really a cup fan anymore but has NASCAR stolen F1 tires? Thought i say some grooved tires in pitlane at the end of practice??
Old 21 Mar 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2421260)   #23
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
No, they're most likely the shorter tires they mount so the cars will fit on the haulers. Since the CoT is a bit taller than the old car, they need to fit smaller sidewall tires onto them so they can fit into the truck.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2421405)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
And....

There is 70 laps to go in the Nationwide race - Kyle leads from Edwards, Harvick, Kenseth & Keselowski....
Old 21 Mar 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2421429)   #25
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Poor Morgan Shepherd has crushed both end of his car now...