Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Vote for Team to see the "Balance of Fan Power" on this forum
Minardi 15 10.42%
Toyota 3 2.08%
Sauber Petronas 1 0.69%
DHL Jordan Ford 11 7.64%
Jaguar Cosworth 8 5.56%
Bar Honda 9 6.25%
Renault F1 9 6.25%
McLaren Mercedes 23 15.97%
BMW-Williams 40 27.78%
Ferrari 25 17.36%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:46 (Ref:749378)   #26
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Sauber to throw a teaspoon in the blender.

I mean really - I thought this thread was an uprising against Wrex!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:13 (Ref:749422)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't have a favourite F1 team any more, sadly......
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:17 (Ref:749431)   #28
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
I mean really - I thought this thread was an uprising against Wrex!

*Picks up Bat*

Bring it on
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:21 (Ref:749440)   #29
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BertMk2
It's not a case of not taking it seriously - I think it's more a case of cheering for the underdog.
Of course, Bert, but the spirit of this poll seemed to me a bit different from a simple expression of nice feelings: it aims I guess, at defining, within the ten/tenths virtual club, the major preferences, so as to let evaluate the results of any other poll.
To be clear, the results of a Poll about, say Jean Todt, should be taken very carefully if, ay, 99% of members declared to be Macs Fans, or Ferrari fans or anything else.
now, if it appears that 15% of the members are for Minardi, weel it would seem there'a a poweful Minardi party here, which is not the truth.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:25 (Ref:749453)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
....it appears that 15% of the members are for Minardi, weel it would seem there'a a poweful Minardi party here, which is not the truth.

How do you know that? I didn't vote for anyone, but if I had been forced to, I'd probably have voted for Minardi. In keeping going over all these years of trial and tribulation (not to say no money), I think they deserve a lot of votes.....
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:34 (Ref:749475)   #31
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt about that, Aysy!
As an Italian my support to Minardi is out of question, I have a huge respect for them; but i repeat that the poll talks about "Balance of fan power".
therefore, i can admit that many fans love Minardi, but that nice team is hardly on the top of their list.
I expect that most fans have Williams, Macs, or Ferrari, or others, before them...
BTW how many threads have been posted about MInardi?
Dunno the exact percentage, but surely a poor minority.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:36 (Ref:749480)   #32
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought of this idea to see the spread of fans in ten/tenths forum. Initially to see if every team is represented by fans. It is not a popularity contest. I could have done a driver poll or mixed but instead chose a team poll.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:37 (Ref:749485)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I agree to an extent, but I think there are also probably a surprising number of people, perhaps like me, who no longer maintain any particular "affiliation" to one team or another. Once upon a time I followed Lotus, then McLaren (the connection is probably obvious ) but now I'd far prefer to support the underdog and I would take far more pleasure from seeing Minardi or Jordan doing well than the mind-numbing boredom which tends to take place up at the sharp end. Much also depends upon driver following as well. Big Schumi fans will say their fave team is Ferrari, I guess, likewise for Montoya, Ralfie or wheoever. If Allan McNish was still behind the wheel of the Toyota, I'd probably have said Toyota!

No easy answers.....
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:44 (Ref:749491)   #34
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we get an accurate picture of team representation - then a driver poll - we can cross analysis of the results - nice project for someone
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:39 (Ref:749593)   #35
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most loved? Definitelly Williams, they've always been fair.
Most hated? BAR
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:44 (Ref:749598)   #36
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Williams ever since a certain Thierry Boutsen drove there.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:27 (Ref:749674)   #37
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
17% for Minardi, mmmhhh... I guess somebody didn't take this poll too seriously...
"Vote for Team to see the "Balance of Fan Power" on this forum"
I'm a Minardi Fan, or you meant "which of the big three you prefer ?", that's a totaly different approach.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 15:19 (Ref:749726)   #38
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams, seems the one I like most. But it's not about teams, the "balance of fan power in this board"
Old 13 Oct 2003, 15:26 (Ref:749735)   #39
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Williams, seems the one I like most. But it's not about teams, the "balance of fan power in this board"
I voted Jordan, for no real reason other than that they are Irish. I think the 'balance of fan power in this board' is more weighted towards the drivers - but you don't want to open that discussion....
Old 13 Oct 2003, 15:31 (Ref:749741)   #40
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's clear with which drivers have the most topics, both love and hate topics!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 15:32 (Ref:749743)   #41
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari, always.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 16:36 (Ref:749830)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by BARrouette
Way to go Minardi your still kiping up with your low budget.
Well I wouldn't go that far BARrouette......

I don't really have a favourite team as I stopped supporting particular teams a couple of years ago. I used to support Mansell and Williams, then Damon Hill and Williams, then from Monaco '97 to Hungary 2001 Michael Schumacher and Ferrari.

Now I just don't mind who wins. I was rooting for a new champion this year but didn't mind seeing Schuey break Fangios record. As long as we have great racing I don't mind. It's the sport I support!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 16:38 (Ref:749837)   #43
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
minardi, I don't know why, I've just always liked them, I used to want to work for them too, when I intended being an aerodynamisist
Old 13 Oct 2003, 16:53 (Ref:749860)   #44
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams.

I have great admiration for Frank Williams and Patrick Head.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 17:06 (Ref:749887)   #45
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Led ZeppF1
Williams.
I like williams, but they're not really my fav, as it's minardi, but I can't help finding both williams and McLaren sexy. mclaren cos they're really sort of sleek, and williams cos they're really kinda clean cut looking
Old 13 Oct 2003, 17:21 (Ref:749922)   #46
paddywic
Rookie

paddywic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like minardi, because the car looks like it would kick you around if you started a row with it, .... and then take your money
Old 13 Oct 2003, 17:43 (Ref:749960)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the cars looking a handfull. It struck me the worst was the Jordan. Rarely did it seem to point in the desired direction for Fisi or Firman.

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Oct 2003 at 18:00.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 17:46 (Ref:749969)   #48
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Williams as a team all the way for me, i really respect and admire SFW for what he's acheived since his accident.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 17:56 (Ref:749980)   #49
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there would be mere team like Minardi , there would more action (at the back)
Old 13 Oct 2003, 18:01 (Ref:749987)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A pretty decent spread of results. Good to see.

I am suprised that Reggie has relatively few. Maybe everyone's seconf team at the moment?