Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 25 Jul 2007, 02:41 (Ref:1972682)   #1
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's add another driver to the "injured" list!

For Immediate Release

Quote:
Oxnard, CA (July 24, 2007) – Ryan Dalziel, driver of the #28 DP01 for Pacific Coast Motorsports suffered a broken collarbone while training on his bicycle Tuesday morning. As a result of the injury, Dalziel will miss the San Jose Grand Prix at Redback Raceway. Dalziel will consult with Dr. Terry Trammell in the next few days to determine his eligibility for round ten of the Champ Car World Series at Road America. The Scottish rookie will be back in the car for his “home” races in Europe in September.

Currently 11th in the Champ Car World Series, Dalziel has made an impressive rookie debut. He’s recorded five top-ten finishes, including his near podium finish two-weeks ago in Toronto. Last weekend, while competing at the notoriously challenging Edmonton Grand Prix, Dalziel recorded his best Champ Car start, when he took the green flag from eighth position. Dalziel posted a best start eighth and best finish of seventh this season, which are also Champ Car records for his rookie team, Pacific Coast Motorsports.

Pacific Coast Motorsports will announce the replacement driver for the #28 entry as soon as possible.

About Pacific Coast Motorsports: Formed in 2002 and based in Oxnard, California, Pacific Coast Motorsports are champions on the track and in the marketplace. The 2004 Toyota Atlantic Champions have competed in a diverse array of motorsports challenges, from open wheel to sports car racing and succeeded in every discipline. In 2007 the challenge comes full circle as PCM makes their debut with a two-car effort in the highest level of open wheel motorsports in the United States, The Champ Car World Series. Off the track, PCM has represented some of the countries most recognizable names, from Menards to Playboy, Vonage to Uniden establishing successful, high-profile marketing platforms that deliver meaningful exposure and a quantifiable return on investment. PCM is dedicated to success in the Champ Car World Series and committed to go beyond the traditional means to deliver value and exceed the expectations of our partners. Follow our Champ Car debut at www.PCMracing.com

Speedy recovery to Ryan.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1973069)   #2
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moreno in again anybody reckon?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 25 Jul 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1973246)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was just going to post that... I guess Moreno is possible..Rumor is Mario Dominguez has taken over and left PKV.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 17:56 (Ref:1973253)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When is Gommendy expected to return, and how is his back???

Anyone heard anything?

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 Jul 2007, 22:26 (Ref:1973473)   #5
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Gommendy is too badly injured...i think he was trying to get into the car himself on Sunday morning!
Old 26 Jul 2007, 02:05 (Ref:1973561)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought they said he was out for SJ, so that leaves the question of who will jump in for Gommeddy.

Phillipe maybe, Ranger if he is free
Old 26 Jul 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1973845)   #7
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for those playing at home, the correct answer is Mario...

... I guess Gommendy is back for San Jose...

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~3~id~151911.htm
Old 27 Jul 2007, 20:13 (Ref:1974959)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Tristan Gommendy is back