Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 17 May 2011, 11:33 (Ref:2881582)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Bob's Track Builder lessons

This sounds absolutely crazy but hear me out...

Just wondered if there's anyone out there clued up on Bob's Track Builder? Who has previous experience in designing intriquet circuits.

I know there are tutorial videos on YouTube, but often he's using a different version to me, or he doesn't explain exactly what I need to know.

I'm becoming a bit frustrated that i'm hitting a 'glass ceiling', and desperately want to make my designs stronger in detail.

If anyone would like to help, or knows anyone that could help, please let me know either on here or through a private message

All i'm thinking about is a few 1-to-1 tutorials over Skype so we can see screen to screen, or even specific questions answered over email.

Obviously if it turns in to great detail, i'm more than happy to make it worth the person's while

Thanks,

Selby

MOD: Best not to include your email in the main forum

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 17 May 2011 at 12:09. Reason: Removed Email address
Old 17 May 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2881607)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There were a few on here that used BtB but as it's gone very quiet, I don't know if they are still around to answer.

Its software that I haven't even looked at so I'm no help
Old 17 May 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2881625)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Do you still speak to any of the people to used to use it alot mate? Like, out of here?

Selby
Old 17 May 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2881653)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, my only contact is through here.
Old 17 May 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2881657)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Alright man no problem.

Selby
Old 17 May 2011, 14:40 (Ref:2881679)   #6
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could try going on to a website where you can get track mods and ask the designers how they do it. Im sure a few of them must use BTB.
Old 17 May 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2881687)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeh fair point mate.

I mean, my skills really arn't bad I must say. But i've got to a point where I want a little more detail and customisation!

Silly things such as being able to 'draw on' gravel traps/cement run offs easilly. I'm always stuck in a rut when it comes to this, and i'm extremely limited as to what I can do. Yet it's frustrating to see that other people seem to manage it fine.

I just need some direction and need some specifics answered

Selby
Old 8 Jun 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2893345)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I'm really happy to announce that there seems to be some progress on this front.

Alot of designers seemed to have all apparently crawled out from under their respective rocks We're getting together and trying to help eachother out using the BTB Facebook group.

If anyone would like to join and get involved, please do. Just search for the Bob's Track Builder group on Facebook!

Selby
Old 3 Jul 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2917308)   #9
moeom2005
Rookie

moeom2005 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Selby, im new to this forum and i joined just for the fact there is a Track Designing Forum. lol.

Anyway, im a BTB user and im actually working on a track as we speak. Its not a design by myself, its a conversion of a Kart Track converted into a Club/Touring Race Track. If you need any help, tell me. Maybe we can get in contact.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2917581)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
May I suggest joining the Official BTB Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_61165884512

Selby
Old 4 Jul 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2917901)   #11
Pangaea
Rookie

Pangaea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi folks.
As you may or may not know the developer of BTB has come back after a long absence, So you`ll be happy to know btb is back in some sort of development.

Right now Im thinking of ways to help the btb community in general, and to that end ive created a chat page.

We talk about btb there, and discus current projects, but also its a general place where folks can talk about sim racing in general, real life racing.. or just about anything you want.

I wasnt sure if it was appropriate to link you to the chat page on this forum, Im not sure of the rules, but since any online community related to btb is pretty rare these days, i thought ide perhaps ask and see if anyone might like to chat in real time about btb stuff, or indeed be interested in helping out in general. , so I wont post any links to anywhere until I know its ok to do so.

Anyway thanks for reading, and try your best to keep the community alive

regards
pan
Old 4 Jul 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2917912)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Welcome to the board, Pangaea.

Again, could I suggest checking out the Official BTB Facebook page? I've posted the link above.

There's also links to the Official BTB YouTube page on there, too!

Selby
Old 4 Jul 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2917962)   #13
Pangaea
Rookie

Pangaea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dan, and thanks for the welcome,

yes I had read the thread, and saw the mention of the facebook community, however I dont use facebook or anything like that, but Im sure I can get somone to get the word out for me.

Regarding the youtube idea, yes, i do have a btb related youtube channel for uploading tracks designs..etc, I never thought of telling folks about it that way, thanks for the advice

regards
pan
Old 4 Jul 2011, 15:28 (Ref:2918006)   #14
moeom2005
Rookie

moeom2005 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok i did join facebook. Good place to get some tips as well. I also have joined Racedepartement as they have a dedicated BTB Forum there as well. But its cool to have as many minds giving opinions as possible.