Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 10 Oct 2007, 09:05 (Ref:2036638)   #26
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
Oh! That Rachel.

Rubbish Breakfasts..........
LOL

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 10 Oct 2007, 09:59 (Ref:2036689)   #27
Roxie Marandi
Rookie

Roxie Marandi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

My name is Roxie and I work for the Fun Cup. I have just seen your comments about our series and am amazed by what I have read. I feel that I must reply to what I have seen...
My name is Ian and I co-ordinate - unpaid - the North West Club Formula Ford Championship. I have just seen your comments about our comments on this forum and am amazed by some of what you have written I feel that I must reply to you...
I too must reply to you Ian, as i'm afraid you are mistaken, especially when you refer to me as having "pr licence".
I'm sure that you read the programme and so, you will realise that we had the biggest grid there by far (33 cars). In fact, we had so many entries that we had to extend the licence at the circuit, so that everyone could race. This in itself perfectly demonstrates the success of the Fun Cup series.
I'm sure that you read the programme and so, you will realise that WE had the biggest grid there by far (50 cars). In fact, we had so many entries that - as is the case at every round [seven times at Oulton Park alone per season] we have to have two races as the grid size cannot accommodate all of our entries into one race.
I'm sure you read the programme and so, you will realise that WE had the biggest grid for a one make ONE CLASS series, as is the point that I was trying to make in my orginal email. That is absolutely fantastic that you have 50 cars entered. However, that is 50 cars made up of 5 differnt classes. We had 33 cars made up from one class, in a series that has been built up in the UK over only the last 6 years. This was all I was referring to in my email. I think that your series is fantastic and you seem to have misunderstood my points.
Now, now Roxie, The MSA grid size on the International Circuit is already 34 cars, so that must be a bit of PR licence creeping in
Now, now Ian, you are absolutely correct when you state that the international circuit is already licenced to 34 cars. We actually had 35 entered and had to extend the licence, however 2 of these were withdrawn at the last minute. In fact, you may have seen them parked up on the paddock during the race.
You may have noticed also that there were camera crews filming the grid walk
Ah yes, television we have that, with all rounds televised.
Ah yes, here you have chopped off the end of my sentence....if you refer back to the top, it actually said "there were camera crews filming our grid walk to feature our charity raising event". If you are going to quote me, please use the full quote, otherwise you are misleading people.
Thankyou for reading this and I hope you all had a great 2007 season.
Oh yes we did thank you
Yes we also had a fantastic season, thankyou very much x x have a great 2008 x x In refernce to the music I did not hear any of it, but I sincerely apologise on behalf of the loud party goers from the Fun Cup, I believe that they were celebrating a party. For our competiters, the weekends racing is all about having fun and enjoying their sport. We look forward to seeing you at Oulton again next year and I promise I will tuck everyone up in bed by ten. You have my word Ian. x x x x

Last edited by Roxie Marandi; 10 Oct 2007 at 10:07.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 10:12 (Ref:2036698)   #28
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple J Motorsport
You wouldn't walk passed Miss Great Britain with out looking twice.....

http://www.miss-gb.co.uk/entrant.asp?ID=500
Supprised shes Miss Britain!!!

One thing that has always amazed me about the funcup, you build a spaceframe racing car, with an engine in the rear and the drape a fibreglass body over the top of it........

......any body.........

.....and they use a beetle?
Old 10 Oct 2007, 10:33 (Ref:2036717)   #29
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way Roxie, I forgot to say "Welcome to 10/10ths".
It's fun to be able to have a platform to air our opinions isn't it? And even more fun to be able to use smileys to show that we are not always being totally serious. Which is why I finished off my original reply with one.
Quote:
Having had my whingeing response, I feel a lot better now. Best wishes to Paul and all at JPR. Hope to see your lot 'droning away' next season
Gets coat
Old 10 Oct 2007, 10:44 (Ref:2036727)   #30
Roxie Marandi
Rookie

Yes, I don't know how to use them Ian!! that's why I put kisses instead!!! Kisses also show you are not being totally serious.you will have to teach me how to put a smily face!! X X X
Old 10 Oct 2007, 10:53 (Ref:2036739)   #31
Roxie Marandi
Rookie

x!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 11:08 (Ref:2036752)   #32
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Choices Diz!
Smilies or kisses on the bottom from Roxie! XXX
Old 10 Oct 2007, 11:18 (Ref:2036764)   #33
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Choices Diz!
Smilies or kisses on the bottom from Roxie! XXX
Down boy. I'm sure the latter would raise the former.
4U Roxie
Click on Quote to reply to a post and just click on a smiley on the right of the reply box, or clicking more gives you loads of smileys to choose from.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 11:22 (Ref:2036767)   #34
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Fun Cup DOES have one thing over the NWFF.......

|
|
|
\/

http://www.brsccnw.com/oulton061007extra.htm
Old 10 Oct 2007, 11:28 (Ref:2036770)   #35
Roxie Marandi
Rookie

oh that is brill!!!!! that's all my friends!!! thanks for that link!!! still can't work this smiley face malarky!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 10 Oct 2007, 11:37 (Ref:2036781)   #36
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
OK then. If you are just doing "Post Quick Reply" click on "Go Advanced" and then just click on a smiley on the right of the reply box, or clicking more gives you loads of smileys to choose from.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 11:46 (Ref:2036789)   #37
Roxie Marandi
Rookie

woo!!! thanks!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 12:38 (Ref:2037683)   #38
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
The Fun Cup DOES have one thing over the NWFF.......

|
|
|
\/

http://www.brsccnw.com/oulton061007extra.htm

Have to agree Justin 2 of these blondes are better

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 11 Oct 2007, 18:00 (Ref:2037900)   #39
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who won the 'Drag the trolley jack around the paddock and jokingly steal someones road car wheels' competition at 1 am on sat morning??????
Old 11 Oct 2007, 18:10 (Ref:2037905)   #40
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE ]I'm sure you read the programme and so, you will realise that WE had the biggest grid for a one make ONE CLASS series, as is the point that I was trying to make in my orginal email. That is absolutely fantastic that you have 50 cars entered. However, that is 50 cars made up of 5 differnt classes. We had 33 cars made up from one class, in a series that has been built up in the UK over only the last 6 years. This was all I was referring to in my email. I think that your series is fantastic and you seem to have misunderstood my points.[/QUOTE]

ff1600 is also a one class formula but the 5 class structures have been introduced to enable the older cars to race for something and not just to make numbers up. I gather your 33 cars were all 2007 spec and will become useless in the 2008 season unless you introduce a class for older beetles?

ps. dont take this to heart Roxie

Last edited by itsonlyme; 11 Oct 2007 at 18:15.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 16:03 (Ref:2038625)   #41
Roxie Marandi
Rookie

Hey, no the fun cup is a true one make series, the chassis, engine, brakes, transmission, suspension and bodywork are all identical and have been since produced in 1997 and will remain the same for the forseeable future, nothing will change in 2008 - that's why the resale value is very high. They have a space frame chassis with grp silhouette beetle look alike body, not actually beetles. Have a great weekend....time a for a strongbow! woo! x
Old 12 Oct 2007, 21:43 (Ref:2038849)   #42
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie Marandi
... nothing will change in 2008 - that's why the resale value is very high......
Sorry for only a partial quote my love.

Does this mean that they are very expensive to begin with?
Now the
Old 14 Oct 2007, 13:01 (Ref:2039849)   #43
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=diz]Sorry for only a partial quote my love........

Just before you go over the top and embarrass yourself...I happen to know that Roxie Marandi is an anagram of Randie Raxmo who spends much of his time seducing gullible race coordinators
Old 14 Oct 2007, 21:10 (Ref:2040286)   #44
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diz ask your Roxie and her mates to be our pit girls for next year...now that would be worth an extra few quid.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 23:18 (Ref:2040373)   #45
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
[QUOTE=StephenRae]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
Sorry for only a partial quote my love........

Just before you go over the top and embarrass yourself...I happen to know that Roxie Marandi is an anagram of Randie Raxmo who spends much of his time seducing gullible race coordinators
That's what Matt is for. I say "why have a Deputy Co-ordinator and not use him?"

So you're still going to that club then Steve?