Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2434083)   #51
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest I'm not even bothering tuning into the Hamilton race - the circuit is too much like Canberra i.e. very restrictive and last years event was just plain boring sorry Kiwi's - Taupo would have been a better venue - again maybe its me but I'm being selective of what I tune into this year so maybe 6 or so races from the series (Bathurst is a must always) - I'm sure there are more like me out there - it's just not that must view mentality anymore - and I'm a serious motor sport fan of both 2 and 4 wheels.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 13:53 (Ref:2434183)   #52
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carter View Post
To be honest I'm not even bothering tuning into the Hamilton race - the circuit is too much like Canberra i.e. very restrictive and last years event was just plain boring sorry Kiwi's - Taupo would have been a better venue - again maybe its me but I'm being selective of what I tune into this year so maybe 6 or so races from the series (Bathurst is a must always) - I'm sure there are more like me out there - it's just not that must view mentality anymore - and I'm a serious motor sport fan of both 2 and 4 wheels.
i agree the Hamilton track isn't the best ditto Canberra. i think a few others are boring also (Homebush) but motorsport is in my blood i can't help but still watch it or go to it and get into excited about it no matter how boring the racing is. i might have a little sook after the race and say it's abit of a snooze fest but i can guarentee i'll still tune in next time and still get excited.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2434675)   #53
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carter View Post
Taupo would have been a better venue -
Or even better still Hampton Downs (when it's finished), but hey they wanted another Street Race at any cost, and that's what we got for the next umpteen years
Old 6 Apr 2009, 04:03 (Ref:2434785)   #54
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
Or even better still Hampton Downs (when it's finished), but hey they wanted another Street Race at any cost, and that's what we got for the next umpteen years
Wonder if there is any room to expand the Hamilton track or improve it?

I know Hamilton but I'd have to see the track set up in person to say.

Personally having been on track at Taupo a few times it's too narrow for good V8 Supercar racing. I don't think you'd get much more going there compared to Hamilton.

I miss the nice gals at Lone Star in Hamilton Too bad I can't come this year thanks to the economy wipe out in the USA but hopefully next year.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 05:27 (Ref:2434803)   #55
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Bring Back Pukekohe........

Best V8 Supercar track around.Hamilton track is more boring than Parlimentary TV.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2434907)   #56
Scream'n_Demon
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
Scream'n_Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live in Hamilton and I think the track is boring. The track has a lot of character, but the layout is too bland. I think it would be a million times better if there wasn't that stupid chicane in the middle of the back straight, but obviously run off is an issue. I love that Hamilton bid for the event and put on a pretty good show (except for a few teething problems), but I'd rather see the V8s back at Pukekohe. I think personally, the best track for them would be Teretaunga but obviously, thats not possible given that its half way to Antarctica.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2434947)   #57
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream'n_Demon View Post
I live in Hamilton and I think the track is boring. The track has a lot of character, but the layout is too bland. I think it would be a million times better if there wasn't that stupid chicane in the middle of the back straight, but obviously run off is an issue. I love that Hamilton bid for the event and put on a pretty good show (except for a few teething problems), but I'd rather see the V8s back at Pukekohe. I think personally, the best track for them would be Teretaunga but obviously, thats not possible given that its half way to Antarctica.
agree, it would be a great passing zone down there. the run off is pretty decent down there but obviously if they were going full steam into the corner it could pose a problem.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:03 (Ref:2434979)   #58
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Bring Back Pukekohe........

Best V8 Supercar track around.Hamilton track is more boring than Parlimentary TV.
Yeah,I Agree Puke is "THE track", but progress has had its way so, NZs only round of V8SCs is Hamilton.
The track needs attention.They always do. For the 2nd year of Hamiltons Race,we will see if/how improvements have been embodied to make it even better.The seating "issues" seem to have been addressed,If Caleta and supporters "get it right" for the week, It will be...COOL!

You can go without a passport, Although you could probably go to Surfers for the weekend for less $$. Nah...Racing Wins!

As an event. for myself, I have to say...
"If its better than last year, it 'll Blow my Gumboots off...AGAIN!... a weekend of "Full on V8 street racing, unforgiving stuff, inside concrete walls, Gloves On, Flat Out!" Horsepower and Speed...RACERS...into it!
AND Everything Else... Petrol Head Paradise...

Parliamentary TV I'd rather wash my tractor...or mow the lawns
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2434983)   #59
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
we wrote of as many cars at puke as we do at clipsal. not sure it is the way to go
Old 6 Apr 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2435498)   #60
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
we wrote of as many cars at puke as we do at clipsal. not sure it is the way to go
Pukehoke I think needs an update/rebuild/rethink if it wants to continue as a track. The pit exit is dodgy and from a drivers perspective I don't like all the armco barriers.

I'd enjoy a street race around Hagley Park in Christchurch but I know that'd never happen.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 02:39 (Ref:2435619)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might be time to get out there and support TKR for the last time in NZ... it looks like they wont be back next year...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Apr 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2438353)   #62
Scream'n_Demon
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
Scream'n_Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like they might not be there this year..... allegedly.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2438452)   #63
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LOL, I guess eventually someone will get this "TKR won't be turning up to this round" posts right...
Old 14 Apr 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2440141)   #64
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At 12pm (NZ Time) the racecars head over to Hamilton on the Trucks.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 02:45 (Ref:2440147)   #65
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
At 12pm (NZ Time) the racecars head over to Hamilton on the Trucks.
Wont they sink?
Old 14 Apr 2009, 03:20 (Ref:2440156)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
Wont they sink?
I think the boys are testing that on Top Gear next week, trialling a car in a pool to see if it leaks.... Will the hamster bite the dust?
Old 15 Apr 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2440952)   #67
kiwi butt
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Papatoetoe
kiwi butt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Might be time to get out there and support TKR for the last time in NZ... it looks like they wont be back next year...
I will be there with my TKR shirt on, loud and proud

Marky Mark Petch and I will share his corporate box, and David Paul John will have fun dodging reporters asking about his team.

Marky Mark will see you right. Same cant be said for Jason Bright.

Old 15 Apr 2009, 02:30 (Ref:2440975)   #68
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will also be there.

My Mum loves those T8 Boys.

Come on Kelly's take T8 out of the weekend.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2441773)   #69
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Kelly's take T8 out of the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Quite intelligent posting....nothing better than seeing someones weekend ruined is there?????
Old 16 Apr 2009, 00:03 (Ref:2441852)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Quite intelligent posting....nothing better than seeing someones weekend ruined is there?????
It sadly happened last year... and 888 still won the series!

We are likely looking at HRT & 888 first to fourth, everyone else for scraps?
Old 16 Apr 2009, 02:00 (Ref:2441889)   #71
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there will be a couple of other Fords in that top 4 GTR
Old 16 Apr 2009, 06:05 (Ref:2441932)   #72
carma
Racer

Australia
sunny gold coast. oh yeah!!!!!!
carma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hogsters 1 , 2 , 3 Ingall
Old 16 Apr 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2442092)   #73
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1st #1 J.WINCUP
2nd #888 C.LOWNDES
3rd #18 J.COURTNEY
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Apr 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2442233)   #74
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah just for the hell of it, all teams bar one will have a mechanical problem and pull into the pits. Thus allowing a predomitly black car to win, before it ..well you know how it goes
Old 17 Apr 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2442691)   #75
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any Idea on the reasons for Bargs and Jnr being well off the pace??? Geez the TKR and Mr Marshall were faster!!