Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Sep 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3450770)   #1
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam Doran

It looks like the rumours were true, press release today confirms Liam is out while under investigation for his action at Lydden when Pat's RS200 caught fire.

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...out-liam-doran
Old 6 Sep 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3450791)   #2
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone add some detail about what happened?
Old 6 Sep 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3450809)   #3
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
heated exchange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4vv...ZzBjyGL9Vqiwqw

should educate you as to what went on
Old 6 Sep 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3450808)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
But it's still a joke. Why did FIA / MSA not sent out a press release with the official reason?
Old 6 Sep 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3450827)   #5
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam will never change, what a class act he is.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 22:17 (Ref:3450860)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, there was also a release as to him being excluded from Hell, he came on facebook and reckoned it was becasue the car was transported from the US with one type of fuel in the tank, and they use a different fuel in WRX, traces of it were found, and he was disqualified.

Seems to me WRX do not want him around.

As for Lydden, lets be honest it is the last in a whoel series of objectional incidents form him there, gobbing off at Procter numerous times, marshals a few times, the Lindefjell garbage.

The guy has form and been punished, 1 year sounds harsh, and I do think there might be more to it.

But they seem to be throwing the book at him.

Wonder what Monster think of it all?
Old 7 Sep 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3450883)   #7
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look in to it further.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3451061)   #8
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam Doran will fulfill his role as team manager,
Old 8 Sep 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3451266)   #9
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there at Lydden and can recall how my heart sank as Rosie the RS200 came around Nort Bend with tongues of fire licking away under the engine cover!

The fire went on for ages. It seemed to have been extinguished, but blew up again, twice as though the fuel was still pumping!

Pat was lucky to survive, even though his eyebrows didn't!

Who prepared the car? Was it safe to use? Who has been banned but 'not for on-track reasons'? Could it be related? Has anything like that happened before?

Yours quizzically, Steve
Old 8 Sep 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3451308)   #10
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post

Pat was lucky to survive, even though his eyebrows didn't!
Response could have been better? So he may have point?
Old 8 Sep 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3451280)   #11
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The guy has no respect at all and as much as I respect his family for what they have done for Lydden and Rallycross he needs knocking back a few pegs.
Loosing Monster might just do that.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3451340)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two points I would raise here.

Firstly this is not the first time a competitor has had a set to with marshals at Lydden, remember Tony Bell a few years ago? I got pilloried on here for the way his attitude was towards them,he had lots of fans on here but his attitude stank. And now this, I am not a marshal, and would not want to do it, once was enough,never again.

The fire with Marklund was dealt with resonably quickly, but I say reasonably, I was stood near a driver who raced at France this weekend and he was not happy at the response, that is all I will say. These cars are under enormous stress and pressure, maybe some detailed training might be in order I dont know?

As for Liam, the boy cried wolf I am afraid, he has form.

But watching France, turbo goes twice, you hear Henning talking about the wheel bearing maybe going, brakes didn't work.

Would you drive a LD car? Did LD prepare the RS200?

Sooner he disappears to the States the better, I feel for Jeanney, Skorupski, both decent talents in my eyes.

I see LD motorsport are recruiting for a No1 engineer? No surprise there.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3461286)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spotted a post from ERC24 (on Facebook) indicating that Liam is rumoured to have got his license back and will be racing in Argentina.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3461364)   #14
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Having just watched the YouTube video, how, exactly?
Thanks, just trying to understand the incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Spotted a post from ERC24 (on Facebook) indicating that Liam is rumoured to have got his license back and will be racing in Argentina.
Don't understand the why the disciplinary process appears to be so 'cloak and dagger'. If there was a hearing don't they have to post a finding somewhere?

Should have to marshal, to learn and appreciate the sport. Those that don't always lack that fundamental knowledge.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3461707)   #15
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Don't understand the why the disciplinary process appears to be so 'cloak and dagger'. If there was a hearing don't they have to post a finding somewhere?
The MSA can withdraw or suspend a licence at any time. It has to give the reasons to the applicant but, as far as I know, they do not need to be made public. If the licence holder accepts punishment I am not sure a formal hearing is required - but someone correct me if I am wrong?

I think in this case he didn't have much of a defence!
Old 3 Nov 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3471200)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For anyone who hasn't seen it...

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...ns-to-world-rx

...Doran is back for the last round.
Old 17 Nov 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3475617)   #17
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
For anyone who hasn't seen it...

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...ns-to-world-rx

...Doran is back for the last round.
Seems that the guy was not even prepared to issue a proper apology - just more excuses.

No apology should mean no licence.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3461713)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Normally any 'MSA court' cases are reported in the MSA magazine that gets sent to all licence holders (usually it's full of various young karters dads that have had fights in the paddock). I've seen nothing in there relating to Liam so far.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3462143)   #19
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Normally any 'MSA court' cases are reported in the MSA magazine that gets sent to all licence holders (usually it's full of various young karters dads that have had fights in the paddock). I've seen nothing in there relating to Liam so far.
Yes, I have to admit I usually read that bit too! It is often the most entertaining part of the mag. I've not seen anything about Liam there either.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 17:58 (Ref:3471259)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I have to admit I really dont care. And I hope most fans dont,.

Personally I would rather see Jeanny and Skorupski in the cars, both good talents.

Hope Tohill has managed to get out of it scott free and can go forward maybe elsewhre
Old 6 Nov 2014, 16:44 (Ref:3472273)   #21
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I have to admit I really dont care. And I hope most fans dont,.

Personally I would rather see Jeanny and Skorupski in the cars, both good talents.

Hope Tohill has managed to get out of it scott free and can go forward maybe elsewhre
Makes Ryan Harrison look like a saint!
Old 6 Nov 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3472340)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Err not quite. some of the things MR Harrison has done are far, far worse, hence why he has been banned.
Old 15 Nov 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3474929)   #23
Jim H
Rookie

Jim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The court hearing for Mr Doran has now been published at the back of the latest (Winter 2014) MSA Magazine.
Old 15 Nov 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3475014)   #24
TWRv12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H View Post
The court hearing for Mr Doran has now been published at the back of the latest (Winter 2014) MSA Magazine.
Not online yet
https://www.msauk.org/News-Publicati...s/MSA-Magazine
Old 15 Nov 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3475047)   #25
Jim H
Rookie

Jim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
I don't now if court hearings are published in the on-line magazine. I was talking about the paper version that all MSA licence holders receive through their letterboxes, as BertMk2 mentioned above.

Edit: The magazine is the one in your link, however they are not showing the most upto date one (yet).

Last edited by Jim H; 15 Nov 2014 at 17:57.