Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Feb 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3197432)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Morgan Sports Car Club

Includes the FISCAR series
Old 1 Feb 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3197597)   #2
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This date does not appear on either the Donington site or the Morgan SCC who are in France that weekend.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3197628)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well then provide the correct date. I can only plug in what people tell me.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3197640)   #4
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was only checking the calendar for my own interest so no need to bite my head off!!
As far as I can see there is not a date for this event at the moment.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3197978)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Morgan Club Mag, 'Miscellany' advertises it as May 19th with a full page display, so it must be right.

I shall be there God willing.
2 Morgan races, 2 Ferrari, RAF MSA Challenge, FIScar, Invited Sports Saloon Challenge

Tickets in advance £10 on the day £15.Qulifying 9.0am Racing from 1.0pm

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3198035)   #6
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes there is. The full Donington event list is not the easiest to find but a bit of persistence finds: http://www.donington-park.co.uk/even...race-calendar/

Regards

Jim
Old 20 May 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3250353)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, good little meeting. Grids not large but some good racing and a really lovely day weatherwise. FISCAR were out and although not a big grid, some great cars including a few new to our series. Might get around to putting some pics up later!
Old 20 May 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3250356)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Didn't realise you were there, John! Simon, the owner of Morgan SLR 491HYO that we were racing at Silverstone, legged it after the race there to compete in his Roadster at Donny. Starting from back of grid, from what I see on TSL he won race 4, so compensation for our DNF at Silverstone. Then he went on to win class and get 10th in the combined race, again starting from the back.
Well done Simon!

Also- Commiserations to Jerry Knight and Will Plant for their unfortunate coming together at Coppice, fortunately without injury to either driver. I was very relieved to hear that.
Old 20 May 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3250392)   #9
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Not a bad day's racing in most cases.

Event timetable planning had severe problems. When will organisers realise that a timetable which could not in any circumstances finish before 1855 (do the maths) is unacceptable. As it was a 1914 finish was only achieved by good fortune, few incidents and sterling work by those charged with pushing things along.

Need to have a re-think.

Jim
Old 20 May 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3250783)   #10
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Didn't realise you were there, John! Simon, the owner of Morgan SLR 491HYO that we were racing at Silverstone, legged it after the race there to compete in his Roadster at Donny. Starting from back of grid, from what I see on TSL he won race 4, so compensation for our DNF at Silverstone. Then he went on to win class and get 10th in the combined race, again starting from the back.
Well done Simon!

I managed to get to Donington for the Sunday afternoon. From my POV, it being a nice day and warm evening, I was not at all concerned about the late finish ....

It made a change after so many wet and cold days in the past year or so - even Mallory last Wednesday for the test.

Of course I fully understand that many others may not have been as content with the arrangements.

One also has to feel for poor Simon Frowen who bought the V8 Kitten all the way from Scotland only to fail the noise check. After the last attempt to head south (tow car failure iirc) the guy deserves some luck.

A great drive from Simon O-G in the first Peter Morgan Memorial race. I have to confess I was chatting and saw almost nothing of the later Handicap race.

I was having a photographic holiday but could not resist taking a few shots - the FISCAR Prize giving, the above mentioned Morgan race 1 and a few sundry shots which I have yet to upload.

Here's the link.

Some good strong racing at the head of the field. Nothing too "exciting" in terms of track action but nice to see SO-G lifting a wheel through the Craner Curves ...

Be aware that if you click through the thumbnails and get to the viewer there is a current problem whereby it counts all images twice and then when you use the arrow keys to move though them on screen displays each one twice as well. Slightly puzzling ... working on it.
Old 20 May 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3250801)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a great meeting with some unfortunate accidents causing the delays, but that is motor racing, you can never predict a trouble free event.

I took a total of 968 pictures and have spent most of today editing the darn things, they will go up onto my web site tomorrow (hopefully), John T I have a fair number from the Fizzy race if you would like any, I did look out for you but failed to spot the Whiskery Wonder.

Simon got a special driver of the day award for getting to the meeting from Silverstone, he told me was determined to win his race even though starting from the back of the grid, and he did it fairly easily.

Part of the reason for the long delay was the spectacular Fiery Ferrari, pics will follow.

Sorry to miss you Mike B, I got may days confused, I knew Simon should never have let you near the SLR.
Old 22 May 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3251703)   #12
Si Frowen
Rookie

England
East Winch, Norfolk
Si Frowen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
One also has to feel for poor Simon Frowen who bought the V8 Kitten all the way from Scotland only to fail the noise check. After the last attempt to head south (tow car failure iirc) the guy deserves some luck.
Cheers Have had better days, but chilled out over the 9hr drive home... We'll be back, the car is with the exhaust fabricator being sorted as we speak!
Old 23 May 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3252357)   #13
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Also- Commiserations to Jerry Knight and Will Plant for their unfortunate coming together at Coppice, fortunately without injury to either driver. I was very relieved to hear that.
Thanks Mike , all a bit dramatic but no injuries . Good to meet up Friday
Jerry
Old 27 May 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3254166)   #14
Si Frowen
Rookie

England
East Winch, Norfolk
Si Frowen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the PM Jerry!

Car will be quieter I'm sure - baffles being made, and I've invested in a decibel meter...
Old 28 May 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3254363)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few pics from our FISCAR race. Brian Arculus won the race (Again!). Smallish grid but lovely cars. May put a few more up later:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3973wb.jpg   IMG_3987wb.jpg   IMG_4035wb.jpg  

IMG_4080wb.jpg   IMG_4149wb.jpg   IMG_4190wb.jpg  

Old 29 May 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3254954)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
A few more:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4021wb.jpg   IMG_4067wb.jpg   IMG_4069wb.jpg  

IMG_4083wb.jpg   IMG_4146wb.jpg   IMG_4173wb.jpg  

Old 30 May 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3255304)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Last lost for FISCAR race plus a couple of my favourites from other races that I managed to catch:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4046wb.jpg   IMG_4128wb.jpg   IMG_4213wb.jpg  

IMG_4248wb.jpg   IMG_3945wb.jpg   IMG_4442wb.jpg