Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Oct 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3149366)   #1
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maria de Villota interview

Maria de Villota has given an interview to Spanish magazine Hola about her crash. As well as losing her eye she has also lost her senses of smell and taste, but remembers everything about the accident.
Hope her recovery continues as smoothly as possible.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103265

http://www.hola.com/famosos/20121010...aquel-jimenez/
Old 10 Oct 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3149376)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wonderful to see hear how she is pulling through it. Well done Maria.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3149386)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the stuff she's saying about looking for what she's meant to do with her life now suggest she's doing really well in her mental recovery as well as her physical one. it's a good thing to have put aside what has happened, and be looking for what will happen next.

on a girly note, short hair really suits her.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3149398)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The eye-patch is way cool! Two eye-patches......what's happening there?

Yes, short hair can be rather fetching.

All the best for Her future.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3149426)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is good to get an update. I had been wondering how her recovery was going.

Richard
Old 10 Oct 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3149470)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
She is very lucky really to even be alive.

Good luck to her, she seems very positive.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3149477)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All things considered she looks pretty good and hopefully she will recover her other senses with time. Best of luck to her as she moves onto a new phase in life.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3149499)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
All things considered she looks pretty good and hopefully she will recover her other senses with time. Best of luck to her as she moves onto a new phase in life.
She looks very beautiful.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3149505)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"The accident has given me a new perspective about life, about the things that matter," she said. "It has taught me that to achieve what you want you have to educate yourself in sacrifice through effort."

"Now I have just one eye maybe I perceive more things than before. Before this, my life was a race against the clock, and now I see you have to stop and measure things in a different way."

I've heard similar from others who have had life threatening accidents and have survived, though left with a disability. Just look at Alex Zanardi.

I wish her all the best.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3149597)   #10
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

Eye patches look awesome, I don't see what the deal is with glass eyes.

If she decides to return to racing, then hopefully someone will give her shot. I don't see her going into F1 anymore, but motorsport is vast and I'm sure there will be something for her.

All for the best to her!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3149607)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
She looks very beautiful.
Agreed.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3149610)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She's looking fine. Well done MarÃ*a and keep up with your recovery!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3149619)   #13
douglasjames671
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
douglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddouglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great big Aussie "good on ya" Maria . . . from a bad experience you have touched my heart and made me rethink my goals a little bit . . . I am learning to not worry about the what ifs, and enjoy the Now
Old 10 Oct 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3149628)   #14
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Eye patches look awesome, I don't see what the deal is with glass eyes.

If she decides to return to racing, then hopefully someone will give her shot. I don't see her going into F1 anymore, but motorsport is vast and I'm sure there will be something for her.

All for the best to her!
Agreed, as Paul Drayson showed competing at a high level is indeed still possible.

Like Alex Zanardi it seems, I'm very impressed with the mental recovery as much as anything. That takes great courage to get through.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3149630)   #15
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Due to difficulties with depth perception with only one eye, I very much doubt she'll ever be able to race again.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3149647)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dunno, Lord Drayson can race with the use of only one eye.

She'll probably be out of action for a couple of year at least, until these headaches subside. Perhaps then she can start thinking about racing again, if that's what she wants to do.

Great to see her smiling anyway!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3149648)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
All the best to Maria, great recovery, keep up the good work.

Short hair looks awesome!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3149660)   #18
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She does look surprisingly healthy but to me that is a bit secondary. What's refreshing to see (or read, at least) is that she has a clear mind and still appears to be "herself" so to say. Sometimes when people have head injuries it's a scary thing to see them really not be quite the person they used to be.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3149663)   #19
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
She does look surprisingly healthy but to me that is a bit secondary. What's refreshing to see (or read, at least) is that she has a clear mind and still appears to be "herself" so to say. Sometimes when people have head injuries it's a scary thing to see them really not be quite the person they used to be.
Very good point...
Old 11 Oct 2012, 02:34 (Ref:3149719)   #20
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Due to difficulties with depth perception with only one eye, I very much doubt she'll ever be able to race again.
There are a number of one eyed racing drivers in the USA.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3149780)   #21
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
There are a number of one eyed racing drivers in the USA.
Would be interested to know what they race & where.I have two eyes but they do not work in conjunction.Have always been told that is the reason I cannot drive -lack of depth perception.Any medical experts care to comment?
Good luck to Maria anyway -hope she can find something to do in the sport-her dad's team is running 2 ladies in Euro Open F3.