Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Jul 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1651929)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Kiwi's change in colour....?? (merged)

While the assorted V8Supercar team owners, staff and officials were absorbing the atmosphere of Palazzo Versace last Friday, whispers emerged from the Auckland Powder Room .... from those not invited to such a gala(h?) occassion....

..... suggesting that a change in car brand may be afoot for one of the longstanding teams in the V8Supercar series.

Ford of New Zealand was spoken of in positive tones (for once!) as having signed up this iconic squad for a number of seasons.....

.... where it appears that a deal may or may not have been struck to run a number of NZ Touring cars of the Ford variety in that team's brand and colours, more than likely thru another car preparer as they did this season with their red branded charges....

As a consequence of this change, and despite the local series being the principal focus of local importer Ford of New Zealand, the V8Supercar main series squad has also been actively encouraged (with a pile of cash rumoured to be somewhere close to NZ$1 million for the 2007 season!) to make the brand swap in that series as well!!

Despite the team having a red brand deregistered V8Supercar ride car in Auckland from their first seasons in Supercar competition, and despite the successful multi year customer car relationship with a factory supported red brand of V8Supercar... it seems that this squad, whose racing car colours are predominantly all black, is more than likely to be seen in Ford colours in season 2007 and beyond.....

The magic question from here of course is who would prepare the car.... and the powder room inhabitants have a strong feeling on this as well.... it appears that the #021 Ford Falcon shall appear next season under the team's own L2 franchise licence slot... with off track preparation and track side technical support from .....Prodrive/FPR.... as the NZ factory assisted team.... possibly in Mr Bright's 2005 chassis.....

Driving talent is not as clearcut, with both Mr Coulthard and Mr Radisich apparently vying for the seat.... they may both get the gig, one as main driver, and the other as endurance seat pilot....

Presuming any of this actually happened of course
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Jul 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1651975)   #2
Aquarius
Racer

Aquarius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh, Mr Radisich returns to the fold - good-oh!
Old 10 Jul 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1652014)   #3
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why didnt you just come out and say Team Kiwi might be switching to Ford?
Old 10 Jul 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1652015)   #4
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the lack of competitiveness of the NZ Commodore tourers is one of the main reasons why the change may take place.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1652024)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Why didnt you just come out and say Team Kiwi might be switching to Ford?
Because it is (allegedly) more than a might... and the sources are doing handstands because the 'secret' wasnt supposed to be shared...
Old 10 Jul 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1652114)   #6
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Where would that leave the partnership with Paul Morris for the main game?
Old 10 Jul 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1652121)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Where would that leave the partnership with Paul Morris for the main game?
I presume the partnership will cease at the end of season.

With the change to VE Commodore in the wings, TKR would had to have tooled up to the new body shape in order to continue developments with the PMM team...

The BA/BF is still current model in V8Supercar until Ford changes to the 'Orion' (sounds suspiciously like Toyota's Aurion??) in 2008....
Old 10 Jul 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1652123)   #8
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Orion is just a project name.

The car will not be known as the Falcon Orion.

It will most likely be a B (insert letter here)

We will just say the Orion is more of an evolution then a revolution.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1652135)   #9
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the Morris L1 being on the market be related to this rumour in any way? Is PMM going to get out of V8SC and run Aussie Racers, maybe?
Old 10 Jul 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1652142)   #10
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
We will just say the Orion is more of an evolution then a revolution.
Its too early to say, but it could very well still be revolutionary on the outside considering it shares design themes with the Iosis

Quote:
With the change to VE Commodore in the wings, TKR would had to have tooled up to the new body shape in order to continue developments with the PMM team...
Are the Holden teams still expected to modify the wheel arches to fit under the wheelbase restriction for Project Blueprint?
Old 10 Jul 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1652950)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Orion is just a project name.

The car will not be known as the Falcon Orion.

It will most likely be a B (insert letter here).
BO? Not quite a marketing dream...
Old 11 Jul 2006, 01:03 (Ref:1653058)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe tkr to ford with the 2nd PMM L1 to run a 2 car team with Radisich and Coulthard and bright to holden to run his 2 car team with himself and another driver?
Old 11 Jul 2006, 01:09 (Ref:1653064)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bright won't be going to Holden!
Old 11 Jul 2006, 01:22 (Ref:1653071)   #14
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Well, as a TKR supporter since the beginning, if going to Ford is going to give TKR a better chance at winning (on both sides of the Tasman) then by all means go for it

After all I support TKR a team, not for what they drive! I just love seeing the TKR logo on the side of a car on the track - and the further up the field the better.

Although I guess if this ever happens, the R might change from red to blue
Old 11 Jul 2006, 01:32 (Ref:1653074)   #15
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
maybe tkr to ford with the 2nd PMM L1 to run a 2 car team with Radisich and Coulthard and bright to holden to run his 2 car team with himself and another driver?

Keep Dreamin pwr, keep dreamin
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 11 Jul 2006, 02:32 (Ref:1653091)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know iam dreamin but that would be my dream team if bright come to holden got murphy and himself in the other car that would be strong at the enduro's them two together and use TWP engines.but as i said i know iam dreamin.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 01:41 (Ref:1654056)   #17
Pirtek_Falcon-1
Racer

Pirtek_Falcon-1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
TW wont let them in to his circle anyway.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 04:25 (Ref:1654103)   #18
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could 2007 then be a major conversion year for NZ V8Supercar teams? With rumours of our Favourite V8 Driver Greg Murphy off to FPR and now a TKR switch it could give fans something to think about. I know I would find it hard to be a loyal Holden fan with those 2 changes.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1654186)   #19
Marcos Skaife
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Marcos Skaife has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G
could 2007 then be a major conversion year for NZ V8Supercar teams? With rumours of our Favourite V8 Driver Greg Murphy off to FPR and now a TKR switch it could give fans something to think about. I know I would find it hard to be a loyal Holden fan with those 2 changes.

No.....not Greg!!!! Anyone but Greg!! Anyone...............................
Old 12 Jul 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1654331)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if Greg goes blue, Tasman go blue, and that would be over Harrop's dead body, that I am sure.

Its been floated before, despite denials from various factions, but it didnt happen. Croaky Crichton didn't put up the cash
Old 20 Jul 2006, 02:39 (Ref:1660449)   #21
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re the media and this story - MN has major story this week saying Team Kiwi has $1.5 m from Ford NZ, will link with FPR, FPR may even take a share in team Kiwi!, get Brights current car for 07 and the driver most likely to be Radisich! Interesting news. To combat the 'Murph' factor in NZ it is said. Anything in AA - I dont buy it
Old 20 Jul 2006, 03:54 (Ref:1660487)   #22
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
***breaking news*** ;-/

***link***

Quote:
TKR considering allegiance change

MOTORSPORT
The sole New Zealand-based outfit in the V8 Supercars Championship is considering a brand change.

Team Kiwi Racing owner David John confirmed yesterday his Auckland-based team has been approached by Ford New Zealand about campaigning a Falcon in 2007 onward. His team was thinking about it.
Quote:
"We were approached a month ago. We told Holden (New Zealand) about that approach. We have not signed a deal. There is no deal on the table."

There was no deadline within the team, though he imagined Ford might have one. "I guess, for them, the earlier the better."

One option within the proposal was to form an association with Melbourne-based and factory-funded Ford Performance Racing, John said.
Quote:
Holden NZ boss Peter Keally said he would not like to lose any Holden team. "Team Kiwi has had a big investment in Holden over the years, and has a big fan base."

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 20 Jul 2006, 09:24 (Ref:1660622)   #23
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so if FPR provided motors for Britek and team kiwi that is accepatable and there is no testing problems

so we have the big FPR related (but not linked)

Richo Brighty Frosty and the rat. not bad, id be happy with that
Old 20 Jul 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1660627)   #24
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much technical support does Team Kiwi get ?
Old 20 Jul 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1661098)   #25
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britek do there own motors.