Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3182414)   #26
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1300 View Post
Could be tempted by a car share if you really wanted I'm only in knottingley w.yorkshire
Thou not fully sure wots on offer.... But if it gets me out the house for a day....
Just seen this as out playing poker last night til late. A good idea for next year and I'll keep in touch. No doubt will see you at some of the HSCC meetings in 2013. I did actually have a good look around your car at Oulton Park in August. We were parked quite close to you in the paddock.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3182417)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm not going.to make it, only just got back to work so its a bit late to start trekking to the other side of London
Old 28 Dec 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3182433)   #28
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
still waiting at home for a non-existent BT engineer to do a booked Infinity upgrade. Grrrrrr...
Old 28 Dec 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3182434)   #29
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well the NHS excelled itself and I fair zoomed through the system, but alas had to beetle home as I had forgotten we have guests this evening and MiniMM's kart to get ready for testing tomorrow. No chance of a "Winter Project" with that, they never blooming stop racing!
Old 28 Dec 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3182436)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
still waiting at home for a non-existent BT engineer to do a booked Infinity upgrade. Grrrrrr...

That only means thats how long they'll keep you waiting.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3182455)   #31
Hunter1300
Racer

Hunter1300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Just seen this as out playing poker last night til late. A good idea for next year and I'll keep in touch. No doubt will see you at some of the HSCC meetings in 2013. I did actually have a good look around your car at Oulton Park in August. We were parked quite close to you in the paddock.
Yeah stay in touch, yes oulton was mine an 'little warriors' first outing.... Very stressful and most eventful. What were u in?
Old 28 Dec 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3182474)   #32
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Lotus Cortina in Historic Touring Cars.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3182484)   #33
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lotus Cortina in Historic Touring Cars.
1930 FVC, or BDG?
Old 28 Dec 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3182490)   #34
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
1950cc twincam - it's a Lotus!
Old 28 Dec 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3182517)   #35
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
1950cc twincam - it's a Lotus!
1950? how does one get to that? I have a big crossflow but its nowhere near 1950. 1785 or something close
Old 28 Dec 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3182523)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
1950? how does one get to that? I have a big crossflow but its nowhere near 1950. 1785 or something close
AX block..........
Old 28 Dec 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3182524)   #37
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Yes, and a big throw crank.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3182530)   #38
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
My pre-crossflow ran at 1860cc for at least a year, and in it's final race I believe that we achieved 1920cc, but it was hopelessly unstable at that size, not helped by the compression ratio being at it's upper limit.

From memory, quite a few of us were regularly running at about 1860.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 28 Dec 2012 at 21:03. Reason: pore grama and speeling
Old 28 Dec 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3182554)   #39
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, and a big throw crank.
Ah! it must be in the crank. cos I was told (by the person who sold me the engine) that (from memory) the 86.5mm bore was as big as an AX could go? and maintain reliability. Although it is a much earlier block than an AX. I have thought of the alloy block, but I was put off by the cost.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3182557)   #40
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Some AX blocks will go to 87mm but 86.5 is easily achieved. Mine is 86mm bore with an 84mm crank giving 1952cc.

Err ....... isn't this thread about the Ace cafe brunch today? How did it go?
Old 29 Dec 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3182619)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Err ....... isn't this thread about the Ace cafe brunch today? How did it go?
Not very well, which is why we are talking about engines instead! Four in total, so we didn't exactly fill the place- but that's motor racing, other things transpire to scupper peoples best made plans......
Old 29 Dec 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3182642)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well we had a 2 driver meeting and drink on Garrucha seafront yesterday, can anyone guess who the other one was ?
I haven't got up early, we are 1hr ahead down here
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Dec 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3182650)   #43
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Sue. She's decided it's time that Anglebox was driven quickly.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3182651)   #44
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sue. She's decided it's time that Anglebox was driven quickly.
I'm not arguing Pete, the other driver almost won Barry's race at Spa in September !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Dec 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3182676)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was driving a Morgan Plus Eight though.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3182678)   #46
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
He was driving a Morgan Plus Eight though.
You're not allowed to guess as you have "inside information"
Old 29 Dec 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3182682)   #47
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well we had a 2 driver meeting and drink on Garrucha seafront yesterday, can anyone guess who the other one was ?
Is it the old bloke from up the road, or down the road depending which country you are in at the time?
Old 29 Dec 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3182683)   #48
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Is it the old bloke from up the road, or down the road depending which country you are in at the time?
It all depends on what you call "old" as he is 6 years younger than me !
Old 29 Dec 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3182688)   #49
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Please wish him and Mrs K Happy Christmas from me!

Old 29 Dec 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3182690)   #50
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It all depends on what you call "old" as he is 6 years younger than me !
Yeah but he's a lot older than me, which makes you ancient.