Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3698513)   #51
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I don't know who this Mr Tuner is but if it's me, it would be quite a deviation for Mike. I am capable of driving myself ..... just about ..... but will probably be working that day, at local hospital.
It's Graham Turner X
Old 26 Dec 2016, 12:04 (Ref:3698517)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
This is all getting very confusing! I suspect Bob meant JT, but as John says, Spalding quite a bit further north!

The plan is for Graham T and YT to travel down from here, eta 1100- ish.....
Old 26 Dec 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3698543)   #53
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
This is all getting very confusing! I suspect Bob meant JT, but as John says, Spalding quite a bit further north!

The plan is for Graham T and YT to travel down from here, eta 1100- ish.....
From where I am Norfolk is just Norfolk. Of course I meant the estimable John The Mod Turner, sad he can't make it. Spring Start then John?
Old 26 Dec 2016, 17:11 (Ref:3698544)   #54
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
From where I am Norfolk is just Norfolk. Of course I meant the estimable John The Mod Turner, sad he can't make it. Spring Start then John?
and Spalding is just Lincolnshire
Old 26 Dec 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3698548)   #55
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
and Spalding is just Lincolnshire
I knew that.
Old 27 Dec 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3698607)   #56
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, come on Claire, get with the programme - GT has already indicated that he would be going.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 27 Dec 2016, 10:01 (Ref:3698615)   #57
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I'm giving my apologies for this - it had excaped my notice that we have yet more rellies here for the day on Thursday...
Old 27 Dec 2016, 11:28 (Ref:3698620)   #58
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just to confirm ..... Mike Bell and I are coming down to the "Ace" from the Norfolk/Suffolk borders on Thursday, and should be with you all around 11am.

GRAHAM Turner !!!!!
Old 27 Dec 2016, 11:35 (Ref:3698621)   #59
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Just to confirm ..... Mike Bell and I are coming down to the "Ace" from the Norfolk/Suffolk borders on Thursday, and should be with you all around 11am.

GRAHAM Turner !!!!!
Which Mike Bell is that Graham?
Old 27 Dec 2016, 12:23 (Ref:3698626)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Which Mike Bell is that Graham?
The one that doesn't race a F3 500.....
Old 27 Dec 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3698628)   #61
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

GRAHAM Turner !!!!!
Who's driving the 40 and who's in the 917?
Old 27 Dec 2016, 12:57 (Ref:3698633)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Who's driving the 40 and who's in the 917?
It will be practical and diesel, more likely! Anyway- I'm holding out for a drive in the T70 when on the road.
Old 27 Dec 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3698649)   #63
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It will be practical and diesel, more likely! Anyway- I'm holding out for a drive in the T70 when on the road.
Citizen Khan would rather you don't bring polluting diesels into London or the burbs so if I make it I'll be green and environmental and be in the Bel Air
Old 27 Dec 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3698658)   #64
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Worry not Tim, we will be coming in the petrol engined Avensis Estate. If we see you on the way, please stop, and we will put it in your boot, thus saving fuel and reducing the traffic volume !!
Old 27 Dec 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3698660)   #65
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Worry not Tim, we will be coming in the petrol engined Avensis Estate. If we see you on the way, please stop, and we will put it in your boot, thus saving fuel and reducing the traffic volume !!

With an Estate you could put Baubel & his 'bike in the back, better still if you've got a roof rack... After all, he's north of London too, so you must pass his way!
Old 27 Dec 2016, 16:10 (Ref:3698662)   #66
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
With an Estate you could put Baubel & his 'bike in the back, better still if you've got a roof rack... After all, he's north of London too, so you must pass his way!
First sensible post from Mr Elwin in years. A freebie to the Ace sounds like a good idea to me.
Luton must be on your route Graham.

Suit and tie or wooly pully?
Old 27 Dec 2016, 17:23 (Ref:3698680)   #67
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Might be a bit nippy for the Lambretta, better take the Cortina for an MOT!
Old 28 Dec 2016, 14:09 (Ref:3698813)   #68
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
There had better be at least six people going tomorrow as I,m going to be bringing an early seasonal mechanical race game to play whilst we have our lunch. Got to keep our competitive side going in this off season.

Is betting allowed at the "Ace" ?

Tim, definitely no 40, 917 or T70 going out in this weather.
White as snow frost (-4) and thick fog this morning. I could not even see the armed guards out on top of the Norfolk border towers this morning, so Mike and I might be in for a slower journey tomorrow !!!
Old 28 Dec 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3698821)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Mike and I might be in for a slower journey tomorrow !!!
I'm navigating- so it's all 'flat' until the N Circular...
Old 28 Dec 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3698824)   #70
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Mike,

you have never raced with me. It,s "flat" even on the North Circular.

Toyota Avensis Estate = 0 to 60 in three weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I,m wearing jeans, but you can wear brown trousers if you like.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3698832)   #71
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mike,

you have never raced with me. It,s "flat" even on the North Circular.

Toyota Avensis Estate = 0 to 60 in three weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I,m wearing jeans, but you can wear brown trousers if you like.
All four wheels off the ground as you crest the brow of the flyover near Brent Cross??
Old 28 Dec 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3698835)   #72
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Tim, definitely no 40, 917 or T70 going out in this weather.
White as snow frost (-4) and thick fog this morning. I could not even see the armed guards out on top of the Norfolk border towers this morning, so Mike and I might be in for a slower journey tomorrow !!!
No Bel Air either as there's too much salt down and I don't fancy cleaning underneath after, oh and no heater either.
Might even be no me as I have severe man flu and don't really want to spread the lurve too much even if I feel like the drive round there.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3698836)   #73
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
All four wheels off the ground as you crest the brow of the flyover near Brent Cross??
Reminds me of my misspent youf in the 60s, long before the flyover. We used to have a completion to see who had the gonads to take the left turning off the Hendon Way into a narrowish road called Wayside, which has been re-profiled over the years to make it a fairly easy turn.

The idea was to see who could sweep through the corner flat in top gear, without lifting and without hitting the curb on the offside! It seemed like good fun at the time! Thank gawd my boys didn't take after me in that respect.

How none of us ever lost our licences is something that I can't believe, even now. Having said that, one court did ban me for one week on a technicality, and the beak asked me if I was going abroad for a holiday, and banned me during the time that I was away; very considerate of him. Not too bad considering that I was facing 13 various motoring charges, but the old boy only found me guilty of one.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3698856)   #74
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Reminds me of my misspent youf in the 60s, long before the flyover. We used to have a completion to see who had the gonads to take the left turning off the Hendon Way into a narrowish road called Wayside, which has been re-profiled over the years to make it a fairly easy turn.

The idea was to see who could sweep through the corner flat in top gear, without lifting and without hitting the curb on the offside! It seemed like good fun at the time! Thank gawd my boys didn't take after me in that respect.

How none of us ever lost our licences is something that I can't believe, even now. Having said that, one court did ban me for one week on a technicality, and the beak asked me if I was going abroad for a holiday, and banned me during the time that I was away; very considerate of him. Not too bad considering that I was facing 13 various motoring charges, but the old boy only found me guilty of one.
........ and you want to be the first in the queue to drive my 40 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 Dec 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3698858)   #75
bauble
Veteran

England
Does he realise it is a A40?