Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Mar 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3717713)   #76
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Exactly, the point is we all have the choice. Choose to save up and do one event like that every couple of years or go to less expensive events far more often. Personally I don't think I will ever want to pay to go to Goodwood but I have spent several hundred pounds on music events on occasions.
One can make the same analogy with holidays, or eating out - it depends on personal priorities.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3718359)   #77
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list:

https://www.goodwood.com/globalasset...ist-130317.pdf
Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3718407)   #78
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Thanks - that has whetted my appetite. I'd probably go just to see and hear the 312PB and MS 650 but I am sure I will lap up everything else too.Only 5 sleeps to go...
Old 13 Mar 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3718413)   #79
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Thanks - that has whetted my appetite. I'd probably go just to see and hear the 312PB and MS 650 but I am sure I will lap up everything else too.Only 5 sleeps to go...
The Matra is an MS670, so maybe 20db more noise!

Hope the drivers get a chance to demo the cars at race speed.....
Old 13 Mar 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3718416)   #80
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Whoever heard one or several of those magic mermaids singing at night in the Hunaudières can't forget it. OK, the 321 sounds good too.
In souvenir of Tour de France, one of the Rageys bros entered one in Classic Morocco Rallye (may be 2005). You dont need to see, just to listen to. Imagine that around a medina or roads over mountain pass …

Last edited by Gerard C; 13 Mar 2017 at 19:36.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3718431)   #81
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Her: Are you sure you don't want to go?
Me: No thanks, I'm all raced out.
Her, a week later: Are you still sure you don't want to go?
Me: No thanks, I'll watch it all at home on the telly.
Her, another week later: Are you really sure you don't want to go?
Me: Err......would you like to go?
Her: Yes please. Only if you want to.
Me:

Anyone got 2 tickets for sale?
Old 13 Mar 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3718443)   #82
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a few on eBay if you don't get any offers Colin.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3718444)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Her: Are you sure you don't want to go?
Me: No thanks, I'm all raced out.
Her, a week later: Are you still sure you don't want to go?
Me: No thanks, I'll watch it all at home on the telly.
Her, another week later: Are you really sure you don't want to go?
Me: Err......would you like to go?
Her: Yes please. Only if you want to.
Me:

Anyone got 2 tickets for sale?
Mine just arrived in Scotland. Sorry.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3718468)   #84
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Leo Voyazides entered in the Falcon and GT40.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3718588)   #85
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Why do I get a blank black screen from that link?
Old 14 Mar 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3718592)   #86
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Still works for me Rob. If not, try searching the Goodwood site.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3718603)   #87
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Working via Safari.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3718604)   #88
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Why do I get a blank black screen from that link?
it's a .pdf download link, do you have downloads blocked?
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3718615)   #89
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know I am biased, but if always surprises me at the lack of old porkers that get invited....
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 14 Mar 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3718637)   #90
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
I know I am biased, but if always surprises me at the lack of old porkers that get invited....
Yes you are..... Any specific grid you want to be invited onto? From memory there's a couple of 908s in the Proto demo?
Old 15 Mar 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3718715)   #91
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Seems to be less 'star' drivers in the main GT event than usual?
Old 15 Mar 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3718717)   #92
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Anyway it must be something! Very good idea they have with their dedicated TV channel.
James do you know where the Matra comes from? Is it a reconstitution? If its a long tail in fluo green livery (Pescarolo) could it have belong to Jacky Setton ?
Old 15 Mar 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3718731)   #93
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Still works for me Rob. If not, try searching the Goodwood site.
Thanks for that Gary-found Goodwood site but still no entry list.Tickets sold out anyway.Amazing-basic admisision must be at least 100 times what I paid when attending a Goodwood clubbie in the 60s-even the F1 on Easter Monday
Old 15 Mar 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3718742)   #94
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Thanks for that Gary-found Goodwood site but still no entry list.Tickets sold out anyway.Amazing-basic admisision must be at least 100 times what I paid when attending a Goodwood clubbie in the 60s-even the F1 on Easter Monday
have you thought of putting 'goodwood entry list' into google?
- top of the list !
Old 15 Mar 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3718758)   #95
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
have you thought of putting 'goodwood entry list' into google?
- top of the list !
Maybe, but one has to add 2017 ie Goodwood entry list 2017
Old 15 Mar 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3718761)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Anyway it must be something! Very good idea they have with their dedicated TV channel.
James do you know where the Matra comes from? Is it a reconstitution? If its a long tail in fluo green livery (Pescarolo) could it have belong to Jacky Setton ?
I'm assuming the MS670 is a Hall & Hall car. We have been lucky on occasions when they have wheeled out 2 for same race! I'm sure the Goody entry will be of impeccable provenance. The Alfa and Ferrari should also be music to the ears.....
Old 15 Mar 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3718851)   #97
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike did you ever see the great Arturo Merzario pedaling a 33 TT 12? It seems that the shape of the body could have been a handicap for him when trying to spot the apex…
Because all this I now wonder why I never attend this event… No excuse I do have a bermuda in stock …*
Old 15 Mar 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3718888)   #98
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes you are..... Any specific grid you want to be invited onto? From memory there's a couple of 908s in the Proto demo?
Well if the goodwood glitterati are reading this, I wouldn't say no
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Mar 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3719005)   #99
mgtd
Rookie

mgtd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really pains me to say this..but more in hope, etc.......I have a Weekend Pass + Programme Voucher that ill-health prevents me using.
Any offers gratefully discussed!

PM me, or 'phone

Many Thanks,
Stephen

Edited:I've removed the number, use PM or email to contact Stephen
Tim Falce

Last edited by Tim Falce; 17 Mar 2017 at 09:31. Reason: Phone number removed
Old 17 Mar 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3719316)   #100
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Hi Stephen
Hope you don't mind but I've removed the phone no. so you don't get hassled by phishers.
Well done for the first post after nearly 8 years on here lets hops we have many many more from you and I expect all of us will join in in wishing you well and hopefully a speedy recovery.