Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Oct 2002, 10:12 (Ref:411971)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
car for sale

I am selling my old Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT. It has HSCC papers and is registered with Top Hat and GTA Challenge. I had a class win at Snetterton this year with HSCC HRSR. It is a consistent mid field car and gets invitations to all the main events (including VSCC Historic Saloon race at Silverstone this year and last years Silverstone Historic Festival). It is eligible for next years Goodwood (cut off will be 1965). It has a quick and reliable 1600 FIA legal engine and many GTA parts including lightweight ali doors and boot and bonnet. Magnesium campagnoli wheels and spare set alloys, Jim Evans GTA close ratio gearbox etc...
price £15 000 you can view it in Hampshire or London
Old 24 Oct 2002, 12:50 (Ref:412109)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ahhh Simon . . . . giving in to the powers of Cortina pull are we :-)

I'd have thought it would be worth more than that . . . . with FIA papers etc
Old 24 Oct 2002, 13:31 (Ref:412154)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
rather stupidly I have 2! this one doesnt have FIA papers altho it require very little to get papers (take the great ATE brakes off and replace with less good Dunlop and replace the GTA doors with less pretty Sprint GT doors). When you look at how reliable this car has been and the torrid time I have had this year developing the new car you might well ask why I am selling this one rather than the other one! I think it is because the other one now owes me so much money I cannot bring myself to take the hit! I want to sell this to help fund another car, probably an FIA MGB
Old 24 Oct 2002, 14:44 (Ref:412222)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
MGB! . . . . .not my fave, but each to their own

probably an economic way of getting into GT racing though (not that there is one really)

Im struggling to build 1 car at the moment, for space and money . . .I'll get there before my hair falls out!
Old 24 Oct 2002, 14:52 (Ref:412231)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

well on the road i would not be queuing up for one but enough people have shown me that they are effective in races like the 6 hour, they can lap Spa 3.10 and do the 6 hour with only fuel stops. Also I can do Julius' cloth cap etc.. as well as top Hat. However stage one is to sell the Alfa! After this season I will not attempt to build one again - buy one ready done, it is a lot cheaper and saves a wasted season!!
Old 24 Oct 2002, 15:36 (Ref:412270)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
thats encouraging for me . . . . .with a bare cortina shell on its side in my garage waiting to be prepared and repaired for a new cage and other shiny bits which are sitting watching!
Old 24 Oct 2002, 15:41 (Ref:412271)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

I think the difference is that you clearly know how to do it!! I have to get others to do it for me and this makes a huge difference!!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 08:36 (Ref:412942)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
thanks . . .I wouldnt say I was professional . . . .but then looking at a lot of the cars last weekend people just throw money at them, and other people to build them . . .not my league really, and to be honest even if i did have the money Id still like to do it myself.

perhaps I should ask my boss to go on to a three day week to give me time . . .and a apayrise as well obviously :-)
Old 25 Oct 2002, 11:09 (Ref:413022)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

I have to say that when I consider how little it costs to keep this car on the track I did smile to myself when I saw some of the big budget teams not finish - however gvn my new car has been a series of dnf's I have stopped smiling!! Silverstone last weekend was the first race I have finished in the new car!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 13:55 (Ref:413216)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
lES HAS HAD A DISSAPOINTING SEASON LIKE THAT . . . .

It took until Sept to get the car as good as it was last year . . . .proof in my opinion . . .if it aint broke, dont fix it!

at least your going in the right direction now
Old 25 Oct 2002, 13:58 (Ref:413219)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

my new car is still 3 secs slower round silverstone than the car I am selling! but i am confident we will get there - I think!!!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 15:07 (Ref:413303)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
its a challenge Simon!

your obviously a closet masochist!

like me . . .buy a car, spend 2 years sorting it out, then sell it to start on another banger!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 15:25 (Ref:413317)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

idiot more than masochist!!!!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 15:48 (Ref:413333)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I think that applies to me too

financial suicide is another phrase that srpings to mind!
Old 18 Mar 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3220676)   #15
mike follmer
Rookie

mike follmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1982 RALT RTS 5 SUPER VEE WHEELS

Looking for Ralt rt 5 super vee wheels dymag or momo anyone have a set for sale car is a 1982 6 x 13 and 8 x 13 busterdo@mail.com
Old 19 Mar 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3220943)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I want a 356 R H D 356 and if anyone wants an Alfa with H T P's for U2TC and some dosh for a good one we can do a deal.(or a Talbot 105 Saloon!)
Old 19 Mar 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3221048)   #17
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car for sale...

And if anyone would like perfect new built, but original, Group 2 CSL I can help. Perfect for the Spa Classis, JD Classics, etc.....
Old 19 Mar 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3221139)   #18
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
That Alfa is a fit for this years Goodwood.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3221184)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the BM is more attractive.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3221195)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

I get the impression Batmobiles are God's way of saying you are making too much money (apols Robin Williams for misquote!).
JR's Alfa is a very good car built by the guru that is Furiani and if I had not built my Jaguar I would have put my hand up for it. My entry to the 6 Hour was confirmed today. My 50th birthday present to myself!
Old 19 Mar 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3221415)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

You going to buy it then Terance?

It all depends on which series and what you want to do and more to the point how much dosh you have at your disposal.

The Alfa probably correctly valued way higher than the Beema.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3221416)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The Alfa is much lower than B M .Just getting Terance excited.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3221506)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree they are a great car John,just always loved the BMWs though.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3221665)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So when are you buying it?
Old 20 Mar 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3221732)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Not sure about IT,as I do have an interesting option in the manufacturers homeland,as tried and tested on the Ring. Its an absolute delight around here.