Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Aug 2001, 21:43 (Ref:133916)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
World Domination..

It will be interesting to see how Ferrari handle the rest of the season..IMO I think that Michael will turn UP the wick even more..He will aid Ruben's quest for second place..I said aid not gift him race wins.

Ferrari will put extra effort into doing the same.It would not suprise me to see them using a more powerful engine over the last four races of the year..Just to prove to the world how dominant they really are..

The purpose of this thread is NOT to attempt to bait anyone..I am interested to read your thoughts..
Old 21 Aug 2001, 22:47 (Ref:133958)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FORZA FERRARI!!!!!!
Old 22 Aug 2001, 01:03 (Ref:134007)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Roger that...
Old 22 Aug 2001, 01:31 (Ref:134019)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you get a bit you want more... you get most of it, you want it all !

That's Ferrari all about...
Old 22 Aug 2001, 01:51 (Ref:134026)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, let's just say that Ferrari at the moment are not one for being known to drop the ball even when the pressure is off, so I don't think they'll be suddenly falling down the grid.

However, three of the last four tracks are places where they will receive a substantial challenge from other teams and drivers.

Spa should suit the top 3 teams, although if one team was to do well, it would be Williams. However, I'm sure MS would want to win his record-breaking 52nd win at the track he made his debut at.

Monza will probably be a Williams benefit like Hockenheim.

Indy is harder to pick, but MS will probably win.

Suzuka may see yet another showdown between Mika and MS. But if it's fully dry, I'll expect Mika to win.

As for MS helping Rubens, I think he'll keep his word and try. And with DC saying he's not particularly concerned, DC may even drop off the pace (doubtful but could happen).
Old 22 Aug 2001, 02:19 (Ref:134030)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
If you get a bit you want more... you get most of it, you want it all !

That's Ferrari all about...
But they have it all(except the second slot in the WDC)..Which is what domination is all about..They have proven that they are the best.. you can't argue with results, and all the teams race for results don't they? or am I taking the wrong pills...Ruben's will finish as number two in the WDC Why? because he is more motivated now than ever Ruben's is every bit a good as DC...Michael won't have to help him,he will just take it!
Old 22 Aug 2001, 02:30 (Ref:134031)   #7
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm ,there's something wrong with here!For the first time ever i can actually reply without the system totally rejecting me!!!!!Whooohooo

Now to the reply
Yeah,good point.They'll have two priorities.
Try to get Rhubins 2nd in the drivers champs-in a way this is worth more to ferrari than Micheal getting the win
(proves an'ordinary'driver can win in one,
and DEVELOP THE CAR!!!
So yep,we can expect them to take more risks with the eng etc to try to stay ahead of williams next year.
Old 22 Aug 2001, 06:53 (Ref:134072)   #8
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would guess that since they have the drivers and contructors secured, they will focus more effort on designing next years car. It is to their advantage, so why not take it? Allthough this doesnt mean that their effort during race weekends will be any less. Their car is currently the best out there. They dont need to spend as much effort to make it any better. I would expect them to spend the same amount of time and effort on the engine though. They are behind in this area, and need to improve. The races will provide very good testing for this. Maybe we will see more engine failures as they push developments to the limit?
Old 22 Aug 2001, 07:02 (Ref:134081)   #9
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After clinching the constructor's they ought to try out developments for next year's car...
Old 22 Aug 2001, 08:32 (Ref:134125)   #10
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think if Rubens takes second position in the drivers championship it will improve his confidence for next year.
Old 22 Aug 2001, 13:48 (Ref:134247)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
And he will...if anyone think's for one moment that Ferrari would employ a driver who could not get the job done in the present car..Then they are dreaming!

Regards...Jeremy
Old 22 Aug 2001, 18:56 (Ref:134393)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
I think if Rubens takes second position in the drivers championship it will improve his confidence for next year.
If Rubens takes second in the championship it won't be down to superior driving ability...

I think TGF and Ferrari will be trying even harder now - they're not about to slack off just because they've already won the titles. But they'll still have a challenge, and I suspect that for the rest of the season the major challengers will be Williams.
Old 22 Aug 2001, 19:04 (Ref:134403)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl

If Rubens takes second in the championship it won't be down to superior driving ability... :rolleyes
I disagree..The reason being..Ferrari can afford to hire any driver they want..If they had not believed that Ruben's Barichello could get the job done, irregardless of Michael being there...He would not be at Ferrari period. They would have dropped him like a hot potatoe..

Ruben's is not driving at the level of Michael Schumacher...no one is!

Last edited by JeremySmith; 22 Aug 2001 at 19:05.
Old 22 Aug 2001, 19:21 (Ref:134421)   #14
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound
Ferrari can afford to hire any driver they want..If they had not believed that Ruben's Barichello could get the job done, irregardless of Michael being there...He would not be at Ferrari period.
But surely the priciest drivers are the ones Ferrari DON'T want? They are the likes of Villeneuve, who would never in a million years stand for playing second fiddle to TGF. Sure, Barrichello can get the job done...the job of not being able to beat several other drivers. He hasn't won a single race this year, and it's down to the consistency of his car, not his own talent, that he's in 3rd at the moment. If the order was correct according to how they have driven it would be more like:

2. Ralf
3. DC
4. Barrichello
Old 22 Aug 2001, 19:36 (Ref:134435)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I doubt Ferrari could care less about the price of a driver to be honest..At $200 million a year for their racing efort what is another two or three million? to them Peanuts!Ferrari have no budget..

Anybody that can go out and kick the arse of Michael..They would want..They are in Formula1 to win,that is ALL that counts.. All this second fiddle stuff I just can't buy into..Same car,same team,same Ross Brawn, Same Jean Todt,same engine,same chassis,same livery, for Michael's team mate as for Michael.. He is as good as Ralf,DC,Eddie, takes the risks that Montoya does Ummmmm no.. But he sees the end of the race....

PS..Michael clearly stated..That when he has a team mate that can whip him..He will stop..
Old 22 Aug 2001, 21:42 (Ref:134519)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound
PS..Michael clearly stated..That when he has a team mate that can whip him..He will stop..
K I M I .... (another finnish in his tail)
Old 22 Aug 2001, 21:53 (Ref:134521)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Yes I think you are right...after McLaren Kimi will go to Ferrari just as Michael retires from driving.. Unless of course he just starts to scream while he is with Mika....Mika will teach and Kimi will fly..A natural born racer,wonderful stuff Formula1 boring NO way..
Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:20 (Ref:134544)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uhn... Mclaren to Ferrari ?

No... you need a shrink !
Old 27 Aug 2001, 11:39 (Ref:136393)   #19
Free_radical
Rookie

Free_radical should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with the post that says MS and Ferrari will turn up the wick even more in the remaining races. That doesnt mean they will go all out to win though. They could use the next races to ensure next years domination by testing new parts,- there are already rumours of several versions of engines. With the ban on wintertesting Ferrari is in a superb position, to be able to take greater risks and test more parts than other teams. Of course not all their new ideas will be out on display for competitors to view, but its mouthwatering to watch especially MS Ferrari in the next few races. Cant wait to get the RPM reports of that car for eg.