Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Apr 2018, 07:28 (Ref:3814294)   #1426
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some slightly less wobbly footage, including a spinning Rebellion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-WjGosXDE
Old 9 Apr 2018, 13:35 (Ref:3814403)   #1427
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2016 Paul Ricard:
- LMP1-L Fuel flow 101.4 kg/h, 157.2 MJ/lap, 855 kg: Rebellion 1:41.733
- LMP1-H Fuel Flow 80.6 kg/h, 124.9 MJ/lap, 875 kg: Porsche 1:37.445

2018 Paul Ricard:
- LMP1-L Fuel flow 110 kg/h, 210.9 MJ/lap, 833 kg: BR1 1:37.034
- LMP1-H Fuel Flow 80.2 kg/h, 124.9 MJ/lap, 878 kg: #7 Toyota 1:38-ish

I'm worried about Toyota, but at the same looking forward for some interesting racing
Old 9 Apr 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3814404)   #1428
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
^ The Porsche 1:37 was likely a quali sim. I don't think Toyota were going for times after the "outside EOT" laps they did in the morning, they just jumped into the 30h test with one of the cars and kept pounding out race stints.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3814416)   #1429
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Some slightly less wobbly footage, including a spinning Rebellion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-WjGosXDE
Things I took away from this video: 1.The LMP1s are visually faster than the LMP2s, even in isolation; 2.The cornering speed of even the GTE cars through Signes is astonishing; 3.The new Gibson V8 sounds nice, particularly with Rebellion's exhaust set-up which makes it sound quite similar to the TS040; 4.So. Many. Porsches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
^ The Porsche 1:37 was likely a quali sim. I don't think Toyota were going for times after the "outside EOT" laps they did in the morning, they just jumped into the 30h test with one of the cars and kept pounding out race stints.
Yep, I feel that saying that Toyota's fastest lap was a 1:38 and the privateers are right there with them is a bit misleading as Toyota definitely didn't do a quali sim after those inital mental laps. They could probably do a 1:35 in quali. Of course, the others likely (hopefully!) didn't do a quali sim either but the gap would still be large as we know that Toyota have a Mercedes Benz F1-style "party mode" for qualifying.
And anyway, what does "unrestricted" or "outside energy allowance" mean? Did they burn great big lumps of petrol or only a little bit more than normal? Or maybe it was just the electrical energy restriction they broke. Again, we don't know by how much. Maybe it was the 300kW power restriction they broke. We'll probably never get these answers.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3814465)   #1430
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
Things I took away from this video: 1.The LMP1s are visually faster than the LMP2s, even in isolation; 2.The cornering speed of even the GTE cars through Signes is astonishing; 3.The new Gibson V8 sounds nice, particularly with Rebellion's exhaust set-up which makes it sound quite similar to the TS040; 4.So. Many. Porsches.

Yep, I feel that saying that Toyota's fastest lap was a 1:38 and the privateers are right there with them is a bit misleading as Toyota definitely didn't do a quali sim after those inital mental laps. They could probably do a 1:35 in quali. Of course, the others likely (hopefully!) didn't do a quali sim either but the gap would still be large as we know that Toyota have a Mercedes Benz F1-style "party mode" for qualifying.
And anyway, what does "unrestricted" or "outside energy allowance" mean? Did they burn great big lumps of petrol or only a little bit more than normal? Or maybe it was just the electrical energy restriction they broke. Again, we don't know by how much. Maybe it was the 300kW power restriction they broke. We'll probably never get these answers.
Pascal Vasselon of Toyota said they used more hybrid power to test their cooling. With the fuel flow, there's a 3-lap average you have to meet. So maybe they ran above that with less lift and coast. But from his words they ran extra boost to test the new cooling of the hybrid system. It's a little confusing because lots of media are saying they ran unrestricted but those words didn't come from Toyota.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3814517)   #1431
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds!

https://youtu.be/QTyyBZIxbBY
Old 10 Apr 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3814598)   #1432
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
4.So. Many. Porsches.
Just like the good old days

Old 10 Apr 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3814658)   #1433
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
More Porsche 911 RSRs? Yes Please!
Old 10 Apr 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3814715)   #1434
LMPFan
Rookie

LMPFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheng Working On LMP1 Programme With A Chinese OEM

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...inese-oem.html
Old 11 Apr 2018, 00:23 (Ref:3814764)   #1435
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPFan View Post
Cheng Working On LMP1 Programme With A Chinese OEM

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...inese-oem.html
He is working on this for ages. For instance, he knows this speech sells well in some tribunes.
Old 11 Apr 2018, 00:42 (Ref:3814768)   #1436
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Might take a few good words to convince a Chinese manufacturer to sign on. Hopefully he is a soothsayer and these Chinese lmp1's materialize.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3816359)   #1437
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After the super season logo WEC has now a mascot
https://twitter.com/fiawec/status/98...358095873?s=21
Old 18 Apr 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3816386)   #1438
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oliver Turvey is the final TRSM Manor signing. Good stuff.

https://twitter.com/ManorWEC/status/...163655168?s=19
Old 18 Apr 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3816391)   #1439
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
North American coverage of LM and WEC will be, as guessed/rumored, on Velocity.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3816406)   #1440
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
After the super season logo WEC has now a mascot
https://twitter.com/fiawec/status/98...358095873?s=21
I rather like the Sarthe Vader suggestion.....
Old 19 Apr 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3816504)   #1441
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
WEC app geo-blocked in N-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
North American coverage of LM and WEC will be, as guessed/rumored, on Velocity.
WEC app will likely be geo-blocked in N-A:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...h-america.html
Old 19 Apr 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3816526)   #1442
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just found out about the Velocity deal yesterday, it is one step of several that are needed to get going in the right direction. Really sucks the WEC app will be geoblocked in North America (I will never understand why this is done...) I have purchased the WEC subscription every year its been available, and will again this year for the "Super Season" without a second thought. It is almost $60.00 US but I feel like its worth it + watching the entire 24 hours without commercials is worth that much by itself, especially to my state of mind at 4:00 in the morning (Yes I watch ALL 24 hours every year)...

I haven't posted in recent memory - HELLO FROM COLORADO!!!

Last edited by Livininthinair; 19 Apr 2018 at 16:36.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3816528)   #1443
TF110
Veteran

United States
I wouldn't entirely bet on the app being geoblocked. That's not a common sense decision so I think there is an open debate on whether this will be the case or not. There's plenty of other ways to watch it without the app too. Eurosport seems like the best bet and we had free streaming of that last year, hopefully that continues.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3816529)   #1444
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was under the impression the app was not being geoblocked.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3816530)   #1445
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm thinking that this is Discovery/Velocity trying to browbeat people in to using their Motor Trend on Demand apps. It's already the only way pretty much to catch the sprint races in their entirety.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3816533)   #1446
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was on dailysportscar.com this morning - I don't know if they jumped the gun but they got the info from somewhere:

"DSC understands that this new deal means that the FIA WEC app will be geo-blocked in the USA and in English-speaking Canada. However, fans from the affected region will still be able to stream WEC races via Motor Trend’s online service and app."

Your right - not a common sense decision, like I said I will never understand why they do this...

Last edited by Livininthinair; 19 Apr 2018 at 17:17.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3816539)   #1447
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tweets and comments have been deleted all over the place, however DSC said it was geoblocked and WEC replied with this is not true. It seems that most of this has now been deleted. So who knows.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3816540)   #1448
TF110
Veteran

United States
Little more than two weeks away and we need to know. They better get back to the fans and sort this.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3816541)   #1449
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
It seems like this is the situation every year. Some years in the past even if you wanted to purchase the subscription you had to wait until a day or two prior to the first race - then hope like hell it actually works. I've got faith they will work it out, but every year its up to the last minute with changes that are not publicized or conflicting reports of who/what/when/how. Maybe I'm just too impatient... FIAWEC is my Superbowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, World Cup (you name it) all rolled into one. This is literally the only sports series I follow with any more than a passing interest (other than IMSA and I honestly don't faithfully watch every race) So I like to get the hookup early and know I will be there for the start of the season. Like I said, maybe I'm just to impatient - this is me expecting too much...

Oh well - WEC Super Season subscription - purchased... $

Last edited by Livininthinair; 19 Apr 2018 at 18:25.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3816547)   #1450
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Little more than two weeks away and we need to know. They better get back to the fans and sort this.

Isn’t it traditional that the announcement comes at some point during the first race weekend. Don’t panic, it is normally before the race has started.