Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 May 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2455850)   #1
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australia's next top driver

I suppose young drivers who start off near the back (even getting beaten by team-mates), then start running regularly at the front, could be said to have broken through to become a top V8 driver. Most of the recent top drivers are like this I guess, apart from ex-Europe Davo and JC .

My opinion:

I suppose Caruso could have be said to have 'arrived' and become a top driver, he seems able to match and beat Lee in recent races.

Reynolds and Slade are well placed, already driving top equipment and having talent.

Not sure if Perkins, Wood or D 'Alberto will become top drivers, or race in the mid-pack indefinitely.

Patrizi seems to be improving, it will be interesting to see how close to Coulthard he is in a FG. Regarding Coulthard assuming the PCR 888/KRE package is slightly inferior than 888, then Coulthard might be getting the most out of the package and has really arrived big time too, if the cars and level of preparation is really 'identical' to the Whincup-mobile then it is still very very solid for Coulthard to be fairly close to Whincup & Lowndes regardless.
Old 6 May 2009, 02:43 (Ref:2456206)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with all of what you have said Caruso has turned up this year he knows the tracks and car and he is showing the talent, Garry sure can pick them. i really rate Reynolds and have done for a couple of years, would have loved to have seen him get a run at Bathurst over the last 2 years. i think Tim is a talent also, i really like the way Paul is easing him into it.

except i don't rate Patrizi, yes he has improved on last year (that wasn't to hard) but i still don't reckon he is a race winner. would love him to prove me wrong though.
Old 6 May 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2456279)   #3
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry, I should have put a ? in there somewhere, I didn't mean to make the first post sound like a statement. :|

If you ran a good team, but they were a bit cash strapped and wanting to sign a cheaper young talent on a long contract, who would take a "punt" on?
Old 6 May 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2456393)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on form probably Caruso or Reynolds.
Old 6 May 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2456863)   #5
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Sorry, I should have put a ? in there somewhere, I didn't mean to make the first post sound like a statement. :|

If you ran a good team, but they were a bit cash strapped and wanting to sign a cheaper young talent on a long contract, who would take a "punt" on?
It depends on how good my team was!!! I think Caruso has arrived really switched on this year - he knows how tough Garry gets in "rookie's" second year of racing. So I think in some ways he is driving to retain his seat in 2010. Anyone remember the thread at the beginning of the year predicting Robbo to be shafted first?
Reynolds is looking pretty good after the weekend. He had pretty good pace. Coulthard has been the standout for me so far this year. He's doing a really good job at the moment.
In the Development Series, David Russell and James Moffat are both doing good jobs.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 7 May 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2456902)   #6
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also helping Caruso is he is getting the same equipment as what Lee is.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 7 May 2009, 03:49 (Ref:2456928)   #7
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty05 View Post
Also helping Caruso is he is getting the same equipment as what Lee is.
Yes. This year he is.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...