Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jan 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3193040)   #1
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tekno

Plenty of moving and shaking at Tekno.Are we seeing a future major player in the sport or are they there already ?
Old 23 Jan 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3193044)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Plenty of moving and shaking at Tekno.Are we seeing a future major player in the sport or are they there already ?
No they are not a major player, No they are not there already.

Not sure alot has changed since last year, yes they have a sponsor, which is probably just funding SVG's salary and not much more.

Still doesnt have manufacturer sponsorship
Old 23 Jan 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3193045)   #3
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have been heavily promoted in Motor magazine with the Teckno road car division and Webb is a handy steerer when the car is sorted out he has shown this before but like SVG he lacks consistency.

Im no fan of SVG I think he is overated just like Winterbottom and a few others...appears you don't have to do too much these days to be rated as the next big thing.

I hope they can strp up the grid a few rungs but lets face it Red Bull are a alot of rungs higher than the rest
Old 23 Jan 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3193046)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
They have been heavily promoted in Motor magazine with the Teckno road car division and Webb is a handy steerer when the car is sorted out he has shown this before but like SVG he lacks consistency.

Im no fan of SVG I think he is overated just like Winterbottom and a few others...appears you don't have to do too much these days to be rated as the next big thing.

I hope they can strp up the grid a few rungs but lets face it Red Bull are a alot of rungs higher than the rest
But Group A, you have said somethink important here. Same cars as Red Bull, surely that has to count for something.
Many people on here claim Jamie is only winning champions because he is in a Triple 8 car, well now SVG will be. Maybe that gives him the consistency he needs
Old 23 Jan 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3193145)   #5
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest i think this could be quite a potent mix. SVG in a 888 car (as mentioned already). We know he's a better than average steerer and add to that also getting regular drives in the supertourers (so more race km's in similar-ish cars)

IF HE GETS IT RIGHT with the team i see no reason why a determined SVG (and i think he will be determined after whats gone on at SBR/Erebus etc) couldn't percievably be up the pointy end maybe mid to late season.

Just my thoughts anyways
Old 23 Jan 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3193178)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
To be honest i think this could be quite a potent mix. SVG in a 888 car (as mentioned already). We know he's a better than average steerer and add to that also getting regular drives in the supertourers (so more race km's in similar-ish cars)

IF HE GETS IT RIGHT with the team i see no reason why a determined SVG (and i think he will be determined after whats gone on at SBR/Erebus etc) couldn't percievably be up the pointy end maybe mid to late season.

Just my thoughts anyways
The big question is.....and it is quite possible.....when SVG starts rivalling 888/Red Bull Racing Australia, how well will Tekno go when the 888 data IP package is turned down??

Confidence suggests that SVG will rise to the ocassion and show a few nay sayers how!!
Old 23 Jan 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3193181)   #7
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha JDI, just like he did in the 'Tron' a couple of years back.

Jeez that was a beaut race wasn't it? i remember being there at T3 when he won.

Seriously one of the most epic sporting moments in my wee life so far.....

hence why i look forward to him at Tekno, and with 97 on the car, sweet as
Old 25 Jan 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3194368)   #8
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who will spanner the car for Shane ?
Old 26 Jan 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3194392)   #9
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
So who will spanner the car for Shane ?
http://jobs.speedcafe.com/jobs/no1-mechanic/
Old 27 Jan 2013, 08:44 (Ref:3194797)   #10
Eurobrun
Rookie

Aland Islands
Eurobrun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Tekno will be seriously fast in 2013, but they will probably fall off when thew equipment stops being close to equal.

I really can't stand Reynolds, lost a lot of respect for him by the way he handled his move to FPR. I also think that his pace in 2012 was more due to the equipment.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 03:28 (Ref:3213911)   #11
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So after Clipsal, you would have to think that they are a major contender in the championship.Are there any negatives to come out of Clipsal ?
Old 4 Mar 2013, 04:16 (Ref:3213918)   #12
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobrun View Post
I think that Tekno will be seriously fast in 2013, but they will probably fall off when thew equipment stops being close to equal.

I really can't stand Reynolds, lost a lot of respect for him by the way he handled his move to FPR. I also think that his pace in 2012 was more due to the equipment.
The Kellys wanted him out, but refused to release him til his contract was up. Presumably as an attempt to limit his options for the following season.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 00:04 (Ref:3649520)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tekno Committed to Supercars

The alignment with 888 would be helping a lot here, yet you might wonder what style of car might be run under Gen2/Gen3 from this operation to support the Tekno Performance brands.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Jun 2016, 03:54 (Ref:3649538)   #14
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting the switch to Holden netted them a larger customer base, so therefore they have no wish to move to anything else. That increase in business props up the race team to such a degree that they are willing to take a hit on the costs of running the race team, as long as it is a Holden