Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Sep 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3768750)   #1
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
California 8H 2017

Please delete if a repeat, but couldn't find anything

With only a matter of weeks left to the California 8H at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway, I thought it'd be good to start a discussion on the race.

I'm curious as to how this event will feel, most modern Racing we see at Laguna Seca is based roughly around the sprint format, so it'll be interesting to see how the race goes, and how the multi class race format works on the circuit. I envision is being most like a round of the B12hr, as classes are the same with even a few Marc cars to boot.

Below is my accumulated entry list from various announcements, the latest being a pair of Acuras. This is only the confirmed cars, looks like we can expect K Pax, Magnus and a bunch of other PWC teams to announce efforts soon. I hope we may also see the odd IMSA GTD team too, but with the Cota 24hrs too I figure that is less likely.

S365 puts grid size estimates in the mid 30s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 Sep 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3768789)   #2
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Please delete if a repeat, but couldn't find anything

With only a matter of weeks left to the California 8H at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway, I thought it'd be good to start a discussion on the race.

I'm curious as to how this event will feel, most modern Racing we see at Laguna Seca is based roughly around the sprint format, so it'll be interesting to see how the race goes, and how the multi class race format works on the circuit. I envision is being most like a round of the B12hr, as classes are the same with even a few Marc cars to boot.

Below is my accumulated entry list from various announcements, the latest being a pair of Acuras. This is only the confirmed cars, looks like we can expect K Pax, Magnus and a bunch of other PWC teams to announce efforts soon. I hope we may also see the odd IMSA GTD team too, but with the Cota 24hrs too I figure that is less likely.

S365 puts grid size estimates in the mid 30s

Where is the link, but yeah I've been wondering about estimates for the Laguna 8 hours myself. Looks like the GT3 grid will be dominated by PWC teams. Would be cool if a couple SRO teams commit too. I imagine it will be televised by GTWorld. Would be awesome if John Watson comes in to commentate.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3768891)   #3
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Where is the link, but yeah I've been wondering about estimates for the Laguna 8 hours myself. Looks like the GT3 grid will be dominated by PWC teams. Would be cool if a couple SRO teams commit too. I imagine it will be televised by GTWorld. Would be awesome if John Watson comes in to commentate.

Oops forgot to insert it

Here it is

California 8hrs

GT3

Realtime Racing - Acura NSX GT3 - Dane Cameron / Ryan Eversley / Tom Dyer

Realtime Racing - Acura NSX GT3 - Joules Gounon / Peter Kox / Mark Wilkins

Audi Sport Team Land - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - Conor De Phillippi / Christopher Mies / Christopher Haase

GMG Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Wolf Henzler / Alec Udell

GMG Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Preston Calvert / Andrew Davis / Michael Lewis

Black Swan Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Tim Pappas / Jeroen Bleekemolen / David Calvert-Jones

GT4 Class

GMG Racing - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - Carter Yeung / Andy Lee

Ian Lacy Racing - Ginetta G55 GT4 - Ian Lacy / Grant Gannett / Drew Stevelely

TRG-AMR - Aston Martin Vantage GT4 - Greg Milzcik / Brandon Davis / Derek DeBoer

TRG-AMR - Aston Martin Vantage GT4 - Craig Lyons / Kris Wilson / Thomas Merrill

Racers Edge Motorsports - Sin R1 GT4 -

Racers Edge Motorsports - Sin R1 GT4 -

ANSA Motorsports - KTM X BOW GT4 -

Invitational Class

MARC Cars - Marc V8 Mazda 3 - Jake Camilleri / Nicholas Rowe / TBC

MARC Cars - Marc V8 Mazda 3 - Keith Kassulke / Morgan Haber / TBC

Old 20 Sep 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3768906)   #4
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Magnus Racing is entering at least one Audi:
Quote:
Kelvin van der Linde‏ @KelvinvdLinde Sep 19

Excited to go racing with @m_winkelhock and @Pierre_Kaffer for 8H of Laguna Seca!

Quote:
While the 2017 Pirelli World Challenge season has come to a close, Magnus Racing’s efforts are actually not finished yet, with a soon-to-be-announced program coming soon, and the team already hard at work in preparation.
http://www.magnusracing.com/news/
Old 21 Sep 2017, 07:11 (Ref:3769000)   #5
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any word on the platform this will be streamed on? YouTube?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 07:37 (Ref:3769006)   #6
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Any word on the platform this will be streamed on? YouTube?

Nope, but got to figure SRO will ensure it runs on their GT World account right?

Old 21 Sep 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3769009)   #7
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Looks like Magnus Racing is entering at least one Audi:

http://www.magnusracing.com/news/

Another great lineup, from the announced so far my money is on a fight between Magnus and Land

Although I'm assuming we will see a full pro Porsche too, after the Bernhard success at Spa

Old 21 Sep 2017, 09:36 (Ref:3769022)   #8
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Nope, but got to figure SRO will ensure it runs on their GT World account right?

I hope so, the GT World account is the most accessable. Bathurst was IGTC but streamed by NISMO.TV only. They do a great job but the videos are often randomly geoblocked or have embedded permissions adjusted.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3769023)   #9
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I hope so, the GT World account is the most accessable. Bathurst was IGTC but streamed by NISMO.TV only. They do a great job but the videos are often randomly geoblocked or have embedded permissions adjusted.
Bathurst was streamed on the event's website too.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 10:34 (Ref:3769026)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Bathurst was streamed on the event's website too.
Via YouTube? Most live streams remain up on YT after they're done, and I can't find it now.

YouTube is great because every device ever works with it, and it keeps it for the future. Hope the IGTC goes down the route of using the GT World account.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3769301)   #11
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
K-Pax is entered with the #9 McLaren. Parente, Sellers and Barnicoat driving. http://kpaxracing.com/news.php?09222017
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3769306)   #12
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
K-Pax is entered with the #9 McLaren. Parente, Sellers and Barnicoat driving. http://kpaxracing.com/news.php?09222017

Woohoo

Nice line up, shame it's only one car

Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3769310)   #13
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the TV/live stream info http://nasportscar.com/cbs-sports-ne...o-live-stream/
Old 22 Sep 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3769325)   #14
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Thanks for that! SROTV points to the GTWorld YouTube, so it should be on that like Blancpain is. Awesome news.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3769384)   #15
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
However:

"In addition, the middle portion – 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. — of the California 8 Hours will be televised worldwide on www.sro-motorsports.com."

Could be still full race on GT1World/Youtube since this is a press release by CBS...
Old 28 Sep 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3770289)   #16
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Magnus and WRT Audis are confirmed: https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...standings-9372
Old 3 Oct 2017, 03:40 (Ref:3771426)   #17
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish there was a real entry list available from the race organizers, but decided to pull the trigger and attend based on what we know so far. If nothing else, want to show some support for the idea of an enduro at Laguna Seca. We'll see...
Old 3 Oct 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3771514)   #18
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Wright Motorsports is entering a Porsche for Pat Long, Jorg Bergmeister and Romain Dumas! http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...california-8h/

kevin993, have fun! Wish I lived close enough to go, the battle between Wright, Kpax, Land, Realtime, Magnus and WRT ought to be epic!
Old 3 Oct 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3771518)   #19
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There should be two GT3 Nissans on the grid:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/bar...dapres-course/
Old 3 Oct 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3771520)   #20
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the Wright announcement article they speak about 22 cars on the entry list. In the list below there are 24 listed. Had expected some more IMSA GTD and PWC GT3. But IMSA GTD teams have Petit LeMans and most PWC teams don't have endurance material i think. Also there was some rumours about Flying Lizard entries. They have the K-Pax entry, but also they have GT3/GT4 Porsche.

GT3
Real Time Racing - Acura NSX GT3 - Cameron / Eversley / Dyer
Real Time Racing - Acura NSX GT3 - Gounon / Kox / Wilkins
Audi Sport Team Land - Audi R8 LMS - De Phillippi / Mies / Haase
Audi Sport Team Magnus - Audi R8 LMS - Kaffer / Winkelhock / vd Linde
Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - Audi R8 LMS - Frijns / Leonard / Dennis
K-Pax Racing - McLaren 650S GT3 - Parente / Barnicoat / Sellers
AIM??? - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 - ???
AIM??? - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 - ???
GMG Racing - Porsche 991 GT3R - Henzler / Udell
GMG Racing - Porsche 991 GT3R - Calvert / Davis / Lewis
Black Sawn Racing - Porsche 991 GT3R - Bleekemolen / Calvert-Jones / Pappas
Wright Motorsports - Porsche 991 GT3R - Long / Bergmeister / Dumas

GT4
Automatic Racing - Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 - Putman / Espenlaub / Lux
TRG-AMR - Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 - Milzcik / Davis / DeBoer
TRG-AMR - Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 - Lyons / Wilson / Merrill
Ian Lacy Racing - Ginetta G55 GT4 - Lacy / Gannett / Stevelely
ANSA Motorsports - KTM X-Bow GT4 - ???
GMG Racing - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR - Yeung / Lee
Racers Edge Motorsports - SIN R1 GT4 - ???
Racers Edge Motorsports - SIN R1 GT4 - ???

Invitational
MARC Cars - Marc V8 Mazda 3 - Camilleri / Rowe / TBC
MARC Cars - Marc V8 Mazda 3 - Kassulke / Haber / TBC
Old 3 Oct 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3771556)   #21
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
The Wright entry, competing in the GT3 Pro class, is one of at least 22 cars on the provisional entry list for the Intercontinental GT Challenge round at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
They say 'at least', so maybe 22 is the number of entries known to S365 at this point?
I'm also wondering if the ANSA and Racer's Edge entries may not be on the provisional entry list, given that they haven't announced any lineups and quite some time has passed since their initial announcements.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 3 Oct 2017 at 17:38.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3771574)   #22
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the official provisional entry list:

http://vmail.vertouk.net/userfiles/s...try%20List.pdf

Still no ANSA Motorsports KTM X-Bow GT4s, Racers Edge Motorsports SIN R1 GT4s and GMG Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR on the entry list so far!

Last edited by cbbrit; 3 Oct 2017 at 19:34.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3771641)   #23
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually the GMG GT4 entry is there, so I missed that one! There was also a rumor that Audi might enter an R8 LMS GT4, but so far no sign of that!
Old 4 Oct 2017, 01:41 (Ref:3771656)   #24
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Its an ok entry list. It could be worse. Biggest bummer for me is no Mercedes AMG.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 17:15 (Ref:3771823)   #25
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Its an ok entry list. It could be worse. Biggest bummer for me is no Mercedes AMG.
Then go to CoTA. For AMG Mercedes, 5 in GT3 and 2 in GT4 entered for the 24hr race next month. There are 17 GT3 cars plus those MARC Mazdas are entered too. Last count, 57 entries. I don't know how many will actually show up as there are lots of blanks in the driver lineups but they still have over a month to fill some of them out. I know a few guys that run in that series and they love it. Plus the cost is pretty cheap. A seat in a TCR car is less than a seat in one for IMSA or PWC.

For the 8hr race at Laguna, are there really 5 classes?