Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 May 2017, 00:43 (Ref:3732078)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Nothing Wrong With Courtney's Car" - Ryan Walkinshaw

Story Here

Where is the popcorn??

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 May 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3732079)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Garth must be laughing his arse off.
Old 8 May 2017, 01:05 (Ref:3732085)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So now that's two credentialed drivers saying that it's a dog.

Funny how Mr Burgess last year in an interview said he had no problem building new chassis every year. This one should have been cut up, and sent to Sims.
Old 8 May 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3732089)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Has Ran driven it and compared it to the other cars he has raced?
Old 8 May 2017, 01:59 (Ref:3732102)   #5
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd take the word of an experienced driver who can feel the subtleties personally. When you've had to saying the same thing and a sudden unexplained drop off in performance then something is up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 9 May 2017, 03:49 (Ref:3732369)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 10 May 2017, 22:46 (Ref:3732737)   #7
JT.
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
JT. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This car needs an Energy Polarizer
Old 11 May 2017, 01:28 (Ref:3732743)   #8
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would you buy a used car of Mr Walkinshaw junior?
Old 11 May 2017, 02:01 (Ref:3732745)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Would you buy a used car of Mr Walkinshaw junior?
At least you know what you are getting...
Old 11 May 2017, 03:21 (Ref:3732750)   #10
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
At least you know what you are getting...
When the World gives you lemons, make lemonade....allegedly
Old 11 May 2017, 04:02 (Ref:3732751)   #11
JT.
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
JT. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
When the World gives you lemons, make lemonade....allegedly
then find someone who the world gave them vodka and party on
Old 12 May 2017, 04:53 (Ref:3732909)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 13 May 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3733172)   #13
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For lease:
One used chassis, some gremlins supposedly

Positions Vacant: One by Manager , previous manger has more gardening to do

Positions filled: Driver (definition still to be determined)

Keystone Cops did more with less
Old 13 May 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3733300)   #14
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just remember Ashton Brothers Circus had two clowns, and they performed twice a day and made everyone laugh!

Walkinshaw Lack of Performance seems to have lots of clowns, no performance and much less laughter!
Old 1 Aug 2017, 05:39 (Ref:3756590)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Mobil 1 HSV locks in Winton test

Wasnt sure where else to put this

But how bad are this team at the moment, behind Wilson security in the teams championship who have just gone back to the Commodore
Beind even the much maligned Erebus racing who are in their 2nd year of the commodore

Just 117 points ahead of the single car supercheap auto team

and nearly 2000 point behind DJRTP

The wheels have fallen off. Time to look for a buyer. smart move by Holden and a fortunate move for GT
Old 1 Aug 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3756592)   #16
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Time to look for a buyer.
Not only do fans tell drivers when to retire nowadays, now we are telling people they have to sell up now too?
Old 1 Aug 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3756594)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Not only do fans tell drivers when to retire nowadays, now we are telling people they have to sell up now too?
I take it by your lack of interest to discuss that topic and just attack the poster based on one sentance out of one paragraph out of one post that you agree with the rest,

Well done, good to have agreeance with you

but yes fans have been telling Lucas to sell his team for months now, why should Ryan be different
Old 1 Aug 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3756606)   #18
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I take it by your lack of interest to discuss that topic and just attack the poster based on one sentance out of one paragraph out of one post that you agree with the rest,

Well done, good to have agreeance with you

but yes fans have been telling Lucas to sell his team for months now, why should Ryan be different
Settle.

I think it's a fair point for 155 to make, the idea of simply giving up and selling a team because things aren't going well runs against the grain for me personally but really it's not something anyone on the fan side of the fence should be calling for. Ultimately Ryan Walkinshaw may decide to do just that but it'll be his call based on how the business is sitting overall, same as it is Lucas Dumbrell's business what he does with his team.

Yep, their performance is a long way from great at the moment and no doubt they're feeling lost but it sounds like they're trying to work the problem rather than simply giving up - kudos to them for that.

Long way back from here and we've seen that even with the might of Penske behind them, DJRTP took 3 years to get back to the front - if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Lastly, slightly pedantic point (sorry) but there's no such word as "agreeance" - I can see what you're trying to say but the correct word is "agreement".
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3756622)   #19
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Lastly, slightly pedantic point (sorry) but there's no such word as "agreeance" - I can see what you're trying to say but the correct word is "agreement".
LOL ... you don't know how many times I've said that to people, or yelled it at the TV! Until one person challenged me to prove it, and I reverted to Google - to my embarrassment. Perhaps anyone that uses it is of historic French background, or may be a Kiwi. Whatever, it still doesn't appear in my 1964 Oxford Concise or 1982 Macquarie dictionaries, and that's good enough for me.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3756596)   #20
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peckster to be fair your whole post was negative about Walkinshaw and that one line quoted on it's own was certainly a stand out.

What if, they are making a profit?
What if the racing team combined with the road car division works to keep the entity in the profit?
What if the race team combined with the support the give to other teams is enough to keep them n the profit?

I don't have the answers to those questions but there are plenty of possibilities.

I met Ryan once and he LOVES racing.
They were once dominant and it may never happen again, but they aren't the worst team by a long stretch.

You could argue that a lot of teams should be sold because they aren't T8 or DJRTP right now.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 06:44 (Ref:3756598)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I'm understanding this current tangent correctly, LDM should be banished from competing in anything. Yes? No?
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:54 (Ref:3756627)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime back on the race track, Mobil HSV Racing is testing at Winton next week
Story Here

Will they improve the package?
Old 1 Aug 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3756631)   #23
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime back on the race track, Mobil HSV Racing is testing at Winton next week
Story Here

Will they improve the package?
Yeah that's exactly the same story that Pecky linked a few hours ago.

To answer your question, let's hope so for their sake, the package is clearly lacking and improvement is sorely needed.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3756687)   #24
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not convinced it's lacking as much as they don't understand it and how to manipulate it to driver feedback and desire. Let's hope they learn something in the next test because the sport is only better with more teams being in the running for genuine podiums

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2017, 03:13 (Ref:3756825)   #25
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not the only team running next Tuesday but the weather forecast makes it a 50/50 proposition.