Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2809879)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Delta's Tea-Break Natter (The Lighter Side) 2011

Happy New Year!
Old 1 Jan 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2809893)   #2
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did someone mention tea?

Happy new year everyone.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2809895)   #3
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year everyone.

Get the kettle on Iain & give those mugs there annual wash.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 1 Jan 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2809898)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I have a large mug of earl grey here myself

Happy new year
Old 1 Jan 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2809907)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
No tea but will make do with glass of water....

Best wishes to all for 2011.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2809908)   #6
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy New Year! Before I left England for home I delivered to Delta a selection of new mugs, spoons and plates. There is, therefore, absolutely no excuse...............
Old 1 Jan 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2809909)   #7
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I have a large mug of earl grey here myself

Happy new year
?
Yeah bring it on, touche, feel bitten, looked at brandy bottle n' now know what bit me....
Old 1 Jan 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2809910)   #8
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
?
Yeah bring it on, touche, feel bitten, looked at brandy bottle n' now know what bit me....
How do you think I felt. I woke up in France and thought I was still in England. I then turned over and the full horror hit me...........La Iceburg in her wooly p.j.s .
Old 1 Jan 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2809918)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I feel i have been honoured in the Queen's New Year list. Still firing on three cylinders but look on the bright side. I don't have an hangover
Old 1 Jan 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2809925)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haha, like that Peter - Delta's tea-break natter! Happy New Year to all.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2809929)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
We saw the new year in as usual by eating the obligatory 12 grapes and drinking the glass of Cava( all free) at midnight in the middle of Mojacar. Most people were already pi**ed and were going on to various parties that start at 12.30 and go on all night.
We drove to Garrucha for an open air “do” (15c) but it started to rain later and we got to bed at 3 am (early for a change !)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2011, 14:33 (Ref:2809934)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Haha, like that Peter - Delta's tea-break natter! Happy New Year to all.
Can't claim credit for the title John it was Zef that prompted it. I just happily enacted the request.

Hope 2011 is somewhat better for you than 2010.

I'll be looking for a new job come March so hope to get a month in the UK sometime this year in order to play with cars and tidy up the lockup. Loads of stuff for E Bay in there. Thinking of putting a couple of Ridgards in the road B. More comfortable than the period seats and probably safer too.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 15:36 (Ref:2809947)   #13
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year to all,
We should have more on MGBs on ten tenths this year, the attention to B's was a little weak in 2010!
Old 1 Jan 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2809958)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
Happy new year to all,
We should have more on MGBs on ten tenths this year, the attention to B's was a little weak in 2010!
Esper my very dear Dutch friend. Have you not heard they are call 924's now
Old 1 Jan 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2809959)   #15
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

Good one Iain.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2809962)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Talking of MGBs- Scalextric to produce one this year- wonder if it will come with HTP
Old 1 Jan 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2809985)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I wondered when someone would notice that, I got the email from scale models too!

Likewise Iain, having not touched a drop since boxing day I had a Chicken Jalfrezi, 1 can of Speckled hen and was in bed by ten last night.

I can't remember going to bed that early on NYE . . ever, at least not without getting up again and then going out!
Old 1 Jan 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2809989)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I recon that was the first time i had not seen the New Year in since "I were a Lad" as Stuart would say. Me and Mrs Delta disappointed as there were a load of Chinese lanters in the sky and we missed it all.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2809991)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
BTW ive given up chocolate.There is a box in the kitchen and i have survived so far.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2809999)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
If you are quick i think thats Gordon staring in Indiana Jones film.BBC1
Old 1 Jan 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2810004)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
BTW ive given up chocolate.There is a box in the kitchen and i have survived so far.
Is there life without chocolate? Somehow I doubt......

Big panic the other day when saw on news that Abbaye Rochefort had suffered a serious fire. Fortunately the beer production was in another building

Watching Independence Day- again.......
Old 1 Jan 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2810008)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
listening to Traffics first album and playing scalextric with Arthur, TV's crap.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2810020)   #23
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did you get this box from one of your young technical devotes, mr C Packman???
I did tell him chocolate is good for good sex
Old 1 Jan 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2810036)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
listening to Traffics first album and playing scalextric with Arthur, TV's crap.
That brings back some very happy memories.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2810038)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
Did you get this box from one of your young technical devotes, mr C Packman???
I did tell him chocolate is good for good sex
Well his suspension finnished today.I have given him a new job of running the Stoke Row Festival of Speed web site
Closed Thread