Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3183483)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Delta's tea-break thingy, the lighter wassname - 2013

Happy new year!
Old 1 Jan 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3183490)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Happy new year everyone. My head hurts and I didn't even have anything to drink last night.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3183495)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm OK but the 3 ladies I had in my car last night/morning may be feeling a bit worse for wear !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2013, 10:40 (Ref:3183501)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I'm OK but the 3 ladies I had in my car last night/morning may be feeling a bit worse for wear !
How did you manage all three at your age?
Old 1 Jan 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3183502)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Happy new year,Loged on this morning to find this thread and confused allready.Never mind,new shop just about finished so now I can start to get the cars ready for this year.
Also start too worry about all the date clashes,source all the parts,overhall and prep trucks,rebuild engine's,gearbox's,finnish rebuilds so on and so on.Hmmmmmmmm,sod it,sun shinning I am going out on the pushbike.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3183504)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gordon- Some people just have to boast...........

Beautiful day here, great start to 2013. Walk on beach this afternoon wis Sis and pooch should clear any cobwebs not blown away while biking to workshop earlier!

All downhill to the season start now.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3183510)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
How did you manage all three at your age?
Easy, since I had my haircut yesterday it's given me a new lease of life, according to the other half I look 10 years younger
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3183512)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Does ten register on that kind of scale?

spent the evening with neighbours who have kids, loads of teenagers making us feel old drinking what looked like dishwasher rinse aid . . . Champagne seemed like a very civilised option then! a decent breakfast has helped and a walk in this glorious sunshine should finish the recuperation job. HNY all
Old 1 Jan 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3183514)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Well I have to make up for my inadequacies !
But I do remember my old mum (RIP) asking about the ripped headlining in my old Anglia van caused by stiletto heels
Old 1 Jan 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3183516)   #10
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Beautiful day here, great start to 2013. Walk on beach this afternoon wis Sis and pooch should clear any cobwebs not blown away while biking to workshop earlier!

All downhill to the season start now.
Would that be Attleborough beach? La Norfolk Profonde.

Do you live anywhere near Seasick Steve?

(NB Gordon Streeter now admitting to wearing stilettos when he was younger....)
Old 1 Jan 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3183522)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
reeling out the posh stuff again Gordon, My old mini van didn't have head lining . . . mind you, by the time I could afford a car I had my own flat. Gymnastic contortions became purely optional then
Old 1 Jan 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3183526)   #12
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strongest drink I had last night was a mug of hot milk! When I woke up it was past midnight, I couldn't be bothered to have a proper drink so just went to bed. Getting old?

Happy New Year all!
Old 1 Jan 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3183530)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post

(NB Gordon Streeter now admitting to wearing stilettos when he was younger....)
You would have thought that he could afford a full set of guitar strings ?
As for wearing them when I was younger, I never stopped !
Old 1 Jan 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3183531)   #14
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Isn't the imagination a wonderful thing!!

Happy new year all.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3183534)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well it had to happen !!!!!! You'll have to turn the PC on it's side !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HC1.jpg (1.21 MB, 89 views)
Old 1 Jan 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3183536)   #16
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Isn't the imagination a wonderful thing!!

It was that pervert Falce that started this (as usual)
Old 1 Jan 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3183544)   #17
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well it had to happen !!!!!! You'll have to turn the PC on it's side !
Nice pic of Delilah taking the pic.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3183552)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Nice pic of Delilah taking the pic.
Did Samson have the "snip" I should have done back in the 60s
Old 1 Jan 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3183569)   #19
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey, I woke up this morning to realise it was 2013 already! Last thing I remember it was still 2011!

Most strenuous thing I've done today is walk from the car to the restaurant for a celebratory luncheon, and I'll walk from the car into the Barge Inn for a celebratory pint a little later on. Then it's serious training for taking on Delta in the Woodcote 10k, maybe that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays one and all, it's back to real life soon!
Old 1 Jan 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3183573)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post

Thought SS Steve lived in Norway- didn't know he had a home in UK as well? You mean a celebrity lives in Norfolk?

We ventured to Winterton on Sea for walk. Took the horseless carriage rather than pony and trap.

Joking apart spent as much time queuing for car park and cafe later when in need of a cuppa. Amazing what a bit of sunshine on Jan 1 does!

Old 1 Jan 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3183579)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Will you lot stop going on about sunshine!

Mostly grey and intermittently wet here........

Happy New Year to all anyway......have to decide whether to go to Autosport show now, or whether to make Race Retro the first event of the year....probably the latter
Old 1 Jan 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3183584)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Spooky thing just happened too me.I have allways wanted to find a copy of Ayrton Senna's principles of race driving.The books have been changing hands for over £100.00 so I have declined as got better things to do with the money.
Christmas comes this year and my son Stewart has bought me a copy so chuffed to bits.This afternoon Mrs Delta calls me in from workshop to give her a hand putting Christmas decorations away in the loft.So I am waiting for her to hand all the stuff up and start to look around through old picture albums and junk ect ect.I then find a race bag,hang on its not one of mine.I know, the race bag full of kit was left by one of my drivers from the USA over 10 years ago.Now you know whats comming up,yep!!!! in the bag is none other than a copy of the said book.
Do I tell Mrs Delta????. " perhaps not.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3183590)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Do I tell Mrs Delta????. " perhaps not.
Definitely not. eBay........

And yes, that is spooky!

Old 1 Jan 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3183612)   #24
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure iv'e got that book .I'll have a look.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3183621)   #25
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best wishes to all for the new season, hope to be around a bit more.
Recently moved house so I have been far too busy these last few months.
Everything should return to normal, if that is still an option for me.