Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Mar 2017, 05:12 (Ref:3722051)   #301
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
MatCoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Now underneath is the inner workings

I am a fan of the new format, definite improvment
Thanks Pekstar. Great to see the guys on the ragged edge and making the odd mistake. It's how you know they're pushing the thing to the absolute limit.

Daniel Gaunt's drive was particularly impressive. The car was setup more for Gary Higgon, so wasn't as quick in terms of raw pace as the car Kelvin was in, but he made that car dance. I was very impressed.

And how good is Roger Lago driving of late! We all know David Russell is quality, but Roger has come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. He holds a good Championship points advantage now too, though it's only early stages still.

Finally, Liam Talbot racked up the first Porsche win since Klark Quinn at QR in 2013. Long time between drinks for the rear engined brigade but a good, opportunistic move to pass Max Twigg and then Roger. Having watched Liam a lot last season, he's one of the best overtakers on the grid. Decisive, clinical and doesn't typically need a second invitation.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3722053)   #302
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatCoch View Post
Finally, Liam Talbot racked up the first Porsche win since Klark Quinn at QR in 2013. Long time between drinks for the rear engined brigade but a good, opportunistic move to pass Max Twigg and then Roger. Having watched Liam a lot last season, he's one of the best overtakers on the grid. Decisive, clinical and doesn't typically need a second invitation.
A little off topic but I always wondered what Klark Quinn could have done if he'd had a proper go at racing professionally, he stood out amongst professional drivers in my mind - but as with the old man, business comes first, and he seems to be pretty sharp at that!
Old 28 Mar 2017, 05:34 (Ref:3722054)   #303
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
A little off topic but I always wondered what Klark Quinn could have done if he'd had a proper go at racing professionally, he stood out amongst professional drivers in my mind - but as with the old man, business comes first, and he seems to be pretty sharp at that!
Klark is a very sharp operator; both on the track and in the boardroom, as you mentioned.

He's also incredibly humble and a nice guy. His work ethic is impressive and is a devoted family man.

In racing terms, Klark was incredible around street circuits. He's got 13 wins to his name and all but three of them were on temporary tracks - Queensland Raceway in 2013 and Highlands in 2015 being the exceptions. That said, Highlands has been likened to a street circuit because it's so busy.

Although he's not racing he stays in touch. On Sunday afternoon in Melbourne he called after the final race to see how it had all gone.

An interesting fact; of the six drivers who won an Australian GT title last year, only one has raced so far in 2017. That was Jake Camilleri who won the MARC Class in the GT Trophy Series last year, pairing up with Mark Griffith in Albert Park.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3722114)   #304
davelise
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
davelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Mat, you did a great job on commentary over they weekend. I had my headset on for every race and could not fault your insightful comments.

I was most impressed with the clean racing and lack of safety car, huge change from when I completed in 2010.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 23:25 (Ref:3722307)   #305
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelise View Post
Hey Mat, you did a great job on commentary over they weekend. I had my headset on for every race and could not fault your insightful comments.

I was most impressed with the clean racing and lack of safety car, huge change from when I completed in 2010.
Thanks. I felt sorry for poor Matt Naulty; my voice was starting to go after the Australian GT sessions, and he was calling it all day! It's great fun in the box though; what happens off mic if absolutely hilarious. Just before Race 3 started Naulty was on the floor unable to breathe because we were all laughing so hard.

The driving standards in recent years have really improved too. Greg Crick did an amazing job last year policing that, it's only just becoming clear just how much work he did that the rest of us never saw. Rod Wilson is now performing that roll and he's be equally thorough.

If you've still got your car, why not come out and race in the Trophy Series? It's super relaxed and really good fun!
Old 5 Apr 2017, 01:34 (Ref:3723843)   #306
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
X-Bow to make Australian GT Trophy Series debut

shame the Gt4 has to compete in the same class as the GT3, lets hope they can get a few more GT4 involved in the future and have their own class
Old 5 Apr 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3723899)   #307
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
X-Bow to make Australian GT Trophy Series debut

shame the Gt4 has to compete in the same class as the GT3, lets hope they can get a few more GT4 involved in the future and have their own class
The X-Bow is in its own class.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3723901)   #308
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatCoch View Post
The X-Bow is in its own class.
ok, thanks

The article has changed since this morning when i linked it,
Old 12 Apr 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3725684)   #309
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another step up for Australian GT and an investment in its future

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/04/12/...mmercial-boss/
Old 1 May 2017, 02:06 (Ref:3730234)   #310
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Aus GT announces 20-car Barbagallo entry list
Old 1 May 2017, 02:28 (Ref:3730238)   #311
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Solid entry for the event and fingers crossed we can go 60mins caution free for both races.
Old 1 May 2017, 07:05 (Ref:3730269)   #312
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Solid entry for the event and fingers crossed we can go 60mins caution free for both races.
Does any category go 60mins without a caution these days?
Old 1 May 2017, 11:03 (Ref:3730323)   #313
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Does any category go 60mins without a caution these days?
yes, but even if they didnt, they are not hamstrung by the driver penalty system of Aust GT

Thats why 60min without SC would be good, would mean the system works as it is meant too
Old 4 May 2017, 09:36 (Ref:3730941)   #314
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi just writing if anyone knows the future of the 2nd Hobson Motorsport gtr
Cheers,
Paul
Old 5 May 2017, 02:06 (Ref:3731107)   #315
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brett Hobson is a regular at another website/forum (they actually had some of their stickers on the car at the 12 hour that you speak of), you could probably ask him there.
Old 5 May 2017, 04:04 (Ref:3731120)   #316
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no don't send him there - i like it there.

Car 66 is a write off confirmed by Brett today
Old 5 May 2017, 06:22 (Ref:3731129)   #317
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
no don't send him there - i like it there.

Car 66 is a write off confirmed by Brett today
Thanks for that info but What's wrong with me T-Star? I have had it with you just insulting me so I'll assume by well known fact you never seem to answer when I question you on that so I'll just assume your just a troll. I'm already on that websitelol and I'm not as bad as what I used to be, I hardly post anymore so there's no need to attack me and it's a voided argument now. if you have a problem with me speak up about it and bloody say it instead of being a little keyboard warrior and feebly insulting me as if that equates to a valid criticism. Don't make cowardice, snide comments which by the way are against terms of service, articulate your discontent about me or stop whinging!

Last edited by PS2244; 5 May 2017 at 06:47.
Old 5 May 2017, 06:59 (Ref:3731137)   #318
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Thanks for that info but What's wrong with me T-Star? I have had it with you just insulting me so I'll assume by well known fact you never seem to answer when I question you on that so I'll just assume your just a troll. I'm already on that websitelol and I'm not as bad as what I used to be, I hardly post anymore so there's no need to attack me and it's a voided argument now. if you have a problem with me speak up about it and bloody say it instead of being a little keyboard warrior and feebly insulting me as if that equates to a valid criticism. Don't make cowardice, snide comments which by the way are against terms of service, articulate your discontent about me or stop whinging!
I think you'll find he's talking about the other resident class clown.
Old 5 May 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3731139)   #319
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
I think you'll find he's talking about the other resident class clown.
Who would that be? Fairly sure he meant me he's insurled me like that before and I'm not a clown lol
Old 5 May 2017, 07:11 (Ref:3731142)   #320
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Who? Fairly sure he meant me he's insurled me like that before
Dont let it worry you, its a site full of bullies, trolls and nodding heads. They still come back here to troll the posters here and dont add to this forum, read their posts in this thread in the last 24 hours

Anyway Q1 (pro) has occurred Ash Walsh has provisional pole. 18 qualyfyers, but with qualyfying structure some drivers may have have waited until tomorrow in the cooler of the day to try
Old 5 May 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3731143)   #321
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
I'm sorry it's had to get to this level T-Star but please if you have a problem about me speak it or message me

Last edited by PS2244; 5 May 2017 at 07:19.
Old 5 May 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3731226)   #322
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting post from Hobson Motorsport on Facebook confirming the end of the #66 car.

What were the rumours mentioned in the post that had to be put to bed that required a major Facebook post just to confirm a car is a write-off?
Old 5 May 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3731358)   #323
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Interesting post from Hobson Motorsport on Facebook confirming the end of the #66 car.

What were the rumours mentioned in the post that had to be put to bed that required a major Facebook post just to confirm a car is a write-off?
Post ended with RIP #66 due to extensive chassis damage and they estimated it would've cost $300k to source the replacement parts
Old 6 May 2017, 01:05 (Ref:3731372)   #324
D.R.T.
Veteran

Qualifying 2 hampered by a red flag and a mad 1 lap dash of green for drivers to make there pole lap.

Qualifying 2 results here http://racing.natsoft.com.au/6466267....85X/Result?13

Awaiting combined qualifications for Race 1
Old 6 May 2017, 03:51 (Ref:3731388)   #325
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Post ended with RIP #66 due to extensive chassis damage and they estimated it would've cost $300k to source the replacement parts
Well yes I saw that, but what were the rumours about the car that had to be put to bed with a big facebook post?