Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2017, 00:34 (Ref:3699450)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kick Those Shoes Off and Relax. It's the Delta 2017 Tea Break

Happy New Year everyone.
Old 1 Jan 2017, 04:13 (Ref:3699488)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Happy New Year everyone.
A Happy New Year to you too Peter.

And of course everyone else who enjoys this cosy little corner of the internet.
Old 1 Jan 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3699501)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just the job on a cold misty morning, somewhere to get a nice cuppa

Happy New Year, Peter. I look forward to many happy hours in your company with the rest of Delta's crew.

Cheers All,

Bob.
Old 1 Jan 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3699503)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HNY all. "Another year over, and a new one just begun." Alas my tea maker is still asleep so it looks like I'll have to get up and make my own.

Grant were you just getting up or falling into bed at 0430 (Tapatalk time)? Respect!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3699508)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Talk about respect what about Michael Crawford. Happened to watch that sports relief scetch yesterday . Funniest TV I have watched in a long time . Thought I was pretty fit at 64 but he did all the stunts and is 74. Try and watch it if you can . I'm of on my new racer now for a few miles . There is a Classic Csr Meet at Hartley Witney will pop over and have a look .
Old 1 Jan 2017, 09:27 (Ref:3699512)   #6
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy-New-Year-2017-Messages-Quotes-1024x750.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	48864
Old 1 Jan 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3699524)   #7
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year to all.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 1 Jan 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3699526)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Grant were you just getting up or falling into bed at 0430 (Tapatalk time)? Respect!
Just normal hours for me Max - about to head off to bed around then.
Old 1 Jan 2017, 13:34 (Ref:3699529)   #9
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Just normal hours for me Max - about to head off to bed around then.
I was beginning to think I was the only one round here who had managed to see the New Year in!

The weather hasn't changed much with the arrival of 2017 - it is currently 0 degrees & everything is still white with frost, as it has been for several days. Last night it went down to -5, but none of that was enough to deter the 500 or so hardy souls who took the annual New Year dip in the North Sea near Dunkerque this morning. Were you there, Iain?
Old 1 Jan 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3699535)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No John , but given the chance that would of been up my street . Happy New Year to you .
Old 1 Jan 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3699539)   #11
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Just to continue a thread from last year...
Mrs V & I are spending a few days in Cornwall (back home tomorrow, back to work on Tuesday). Yesterday we took the dog for a walk along the Camel Trail near to Bodmin, and were lucky enough to catch sight of this again (this time Mrs V got pictures!).

Name:	steamtrain.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	48865
Then we returned to The Hole in the Wall for a nice pint...
What is it about steam trains that we of a certain age find so appealing?
Old 1 Jan 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3699540)   #12
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
No John , but given the chance that would of been up my street . Happy New Year to you .

Iain, have a look at the little video on here!

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/97160/art...s-comme-jamais

Happy New Year to you!
Old 1 Jan 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3699541)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Because they, like cars of the 50's, have character, unlike most modern creations.
You know a friend of mine claims he can tell the difference between a Vauxhall Astra and a Mercedes S Class without looking at the badge. Naturally I don't believe him.
Old 1 Jan 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3699542)   #14
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Then it was back to Port Isaac and prepare to watch the midnight fireworks;

Name:	FB_IMG_1483262280162.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	48866
The worrying thing is we've just discovered that our 23 year old son who was left back at base "to look after things" had a party last night which also included fireworks. I'm more than a bit worried what state the garden will be n when we get home...
Old 1 Jan 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3699553)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hey Viva, at least he had the fireworks in the garden . We did watch the fireworks on tele from London . Very impressive
Old 1 Jan 2017, 17:52 (Ref:3699555)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To coin a phrase "it's been like the battle of the Somme" here since around 3pm yesterday. Even during the day there are fireworks going off.
Old 1 Jan 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3699575)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Around here the fireworks started at 12.20 -presumably when they finished on TV? Not sure that's the point

Old 1 Jan 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3699577)   #18
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Around here the fireworks started at 12.20 -presumably when they finished on TV? Not sure that's the point

I thought Wiltshire was a lot more than 20 minutes behind London!!!
Old 1 Jan 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3699580)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:

The fire works must of been for your Birthday Max . We missed this one sorry .Very Happy Birthday to you
Old 1 Jan 2017, 20:58 (Ref:3699583)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gosh, he's nowt but a lad! Many happies, Max.

More impressed by the fact that there are nearly 20 tenthers celebrating their 115th birthday today- according to the list......
Old 1 Jan 2017, 23:14 (Ref:3699602)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

Thank you! Had a very good day.

Yes we're more like 100 years behind GMT

Old 1 Jan 2017, 23:21 (Ref:3699605)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! Had a very good day.

Yes we're more like 100 years behind GMT
Belated Happy Birthday Max.

The Fireworks up here started about 30 mins before the clock ticked over.

Actually for some people is may have been a day or so before but these days you never know whether it's just someone's birthday, a wedding or a random "other event" of some sort.
Old 2 Jan 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3699637)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The Fireworks up here started about 30 mins before the clock ticked over.
They started about 8pm here and were spasmodically going off until well into early hours. I put the late fireworks down to alcohol affected time-keeping.....
Old 2 Jan 2017, 08:07 (Ref:3699640)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just to continue a thread from last year...
Mrs V & I are spending a few days in Cornwall (back home tomorrow, back to work on Tuesday). Yesterday we took the dog for a walk along the Camel Trail near to Bodmin, and were lucky enough to catch sight of this again (this time Mrs V got pictures!).
Attachment 48865
Then we returned to The Hole in the Wall for a nice pint...
Excellent stuff.

Didn't come on here yesterday, so Happy New Year to you all.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 2 Jan 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3699642)   #25
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy New Year to all from an occasional poster and regular reader.

Unexpected reminder of delta at the Brooklands New Years Day gathering at the link below. Remember seeing him on Le Mans Classic streaming in the summer.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRPuZHz
Closed Thread