Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 2017, 21:11 (Ref:3789866)   #3901
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Looked, found and followed. @maxattaq if you see me, Gary.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Not me Max - try @theGaryClarke
Old 30 Dec 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3789871)   #3902
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, I don't Twitter very often and fear I got confused. So is this your fine picture at the Scottish Trial? And I wonder who the gary396 I followed is?

Old 31 Dec 2017, 08:09 (Ref:3789943)   #3903
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, they're both mine Max. Look's like someone 'grabbed' them from my 500px site (it's a photo hosting site although I don't use it as much as I used to for various reasons - some people use that site to showcase and drive business to their website).

And the gary396 is my user name for that site the same as TenTenths - hence the confusion!

Thanks for finding them though - now that I know at least one person is using those photos I shall investigate further!
Old 31 Dec 2017, 11:16 (Ref:3789957)   #3904
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
now that I know at least one person is using those photos I shall investigate further!
Not Donald, by any chance, is it?

I’m happy to leave all this twittering stuff to you young ‘uns......
Old 31 Dec 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3789992)   #3905
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Happy & Successful New Year to one & all. Hope to see you all over at Delta's new diner in the morning.

I'm in Diner mode having just spent a very pleasant afternoon at the Autoworld Museum in Brussels where they have an American Dream Cars & Bikes exhibition on, complete with drive-in diner, cinema etc. The permanent exhibits are worth a look too.

I was rewarded with an extremely wet drive home however, torrential rain all the way.
Old 31 Dec 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3789996)   #3906
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
That sounds brilliant John . I have to go to a party and be nice to people . Conversation normally goes like this "your not still racing cars are you ". F off is my reply . Then I get told off from Mrs Delta . Grrrrrr
Old 31 Dec 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3789998)   #3907
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
That sounds brilliant John . I have to go to a party and be nice to people . Conversation normally goes like this "your not still racing cars are you ". F off is my reply . Then I get told off from Mrs Delta . Grrrrrr
Brilliant!
Old 31 Dec 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3789999)   #3908
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm surprised Mrs Delta takes you to parties any more, Iain - that's twice this month you've embarrassed her!

I'm on my own & the weather is playing havoc with the TV reception, so it could be a long night...
Old 31 Dec 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3790003)   #3909
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
She has just reminded me that I pulled a sicky last year . Won't be able to swing that this year . Aparantly there will be lots of food where we are going . ��
Old 31 Dec 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3790004)   #3910
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
La pizza de resistance.
Old 31 Dec 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3790006)   #3911
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Aparantly there will be lots of food where we are going .
Well that’s you sorted then!

Happy New Year to everyone, and take care if you’re not the ‘designated driver’ tonight....
Old 31 Dec 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3790008)   #3912
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Being the abstemious type I will be sleeping the New Year in, as befits an octogenarian, but I hope the rest of you avoid the 'drunk tanks' now being deployed in a high street near you.

I wish all here a Very Happy, Prosperous and Peaceful New Year.

Yes Viv I did say all.

See you n 2018.

G'night.
Old 31 Dec 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3790013)   #3913
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Tell them you are Grand Prix winner Iain, then ask what they have done (unless any of them might be, for instance, rocket scientists ...)
Old 31 Dec 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3790015)   #3914
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just scoffing some chilli . Getting daggers from Mrs Delta but I am behaving . Found some old bird to talk to who likes motor bikes . Will keep you all posted . Nice draft beer as well.
Old 31 Dec 2017, 22:20 (Ref:3790022)   #3915
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good man. Happy New Year all. It sounds like the battle of the Somme is being truncated outdo. Never heard so many fireworks randomly released before. Even last year was quieter.
Old 31 Dec 2017, 23:37 (Ref:3790029)   #3916
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
The new thread seems to be still locked; those of us who had New Year some 9-odd hours ago (sipping champagne in a pool at my son's place in Brisbane) are being discriminated against!

Happy New Year to all, and a speedy 2018.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 00:49 (Ref:3790045)   #3917
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Happy New Year to all of you, racers, watchers, marshals. A lot of fun and peace.
Spéciale dédicace to You, mon Ami Bauble !
Old 1 Jan 2018, 01:20 (Ref:3790053)   #3918
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been alcohol free on NYE this year as Mini MM's car is away for MOT and I've been Dad's Taxi. Just catching up with a couple of JD enjoying Jools Holland.

My birthday tomorrow (I suppose that's today now!) and I intend to make up for lost drinking time in the local at lunch time

Happy New Year to one and all. I'm hoping to get to some events this year to catch up with you all.