Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3719468)   #926
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What a petty world we inhabit. I currently have a clean licence and I'm proud to say it's the first time since I got it 45 years ago. And I'd like to add, it isn't for the want of trying
Old 18 Mar 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3719552)   #927
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of course if you drive a car that won't exceed the limit you are fairly safe.
Old 18 Mar 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3719566)   #928
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Of course if you drive a car that won't exceed the limit you are fairly safe.
Ami Robert, nowadays it seems you're safe absolutely nowhere… One of our stupid games is to try to be pictured by our in town gatos's riding… a bicycle! With electric assistance and a tuned engine its better…
Old 18 Mar 2017, 23:41 (Ref:3719851)   #929
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
We're in Tenerife at present and had a different day today - Lunch in blazing sunshine on Los Cristianos front, then a drive up to the Teide caldera - so within less than an hour, rain, then snow, covering the road - traction control working overtime on the uphill, then ABS ditto on the downhills - temp gauge showing 3C and (surprisingly ), danger of ice. Can't think of many places where you can go from one extreme to another that quickly
Old 19 Mar 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3719953)   #930
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like a typical June day in this country....
Old 19 Mar 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3719962)   #931
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sounds like a typical June day in this country....
That was exactly my thought when I read it Mike.

RIP Chuck Berry one of the greatest of Rock 'n' Rollers.
Old 19 Mar 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3719967)   #932
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
It was nice to see our John Jee back posting on here . It's his birthday today as well . Happy Birthday John 😀
Old 19 Mar 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3719976)   #933
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Horse put down after getting trapped in puddle and more sport.

Headline from the Watford Observer???????
Old 19 Mar 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3720019)   #934
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree with Baub. RIP Chuck Berry.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3720137)   #935
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Whoops, nearly missed an important event! It's DELTA'S BIRTHDAY today.....

Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3720141)   #936
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Goodness! HBD old chap

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3720143)   #937
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Whoops, nearly missed an important event! It's DELTA'S BIRTHDAY today.....

Happy Birthday Delta! I trust it'll be more than just tea today...
Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3720183)   #938
bauble
Veteran

England
Happy Birthday indeed, Iain, remember, even cheese gets better as it matures. (Well it gets stronger, anyway.)
Old 20 Mar 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3720189)   #939
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Birthday to young Mr Rowley.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 20 Mar 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3720195)   #940
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Happy birthday Iain, I trust you're taking the evening off
Old 20 Mar 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3720209)   #941
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys buy I am at my happiest " is there such a word". When I am in garage.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3720262)   #942
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Birthday Iain!
Old 20 Mar 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3720263)   #943
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If of interest, there is a documentary on BBC Northern Ireland tonight about Tommy Byrne - called 'Crash and Burn'. Available on Sky channel 953 I think.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3720273)   #944
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
If of interest, there is a documentary on BBC Northern Ireland tonight about Tommy Byrne - called 'Crash and Burn'. Available on Sky channel 953 I think.
Also on Virgin Media channel 863.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3720275)   #945
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Flyping eck I've just paid £12.00 for the DVDs
Old 20 Mar 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3720278)   #946
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Flyping eck I've just paid £12.00 for the DVDs
Happy birthday bloke.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 22:20 (Ref:3720295)   #947
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Gary, many thanks for posting. I really enjoyed the programme.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3720370)   #948
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for bringing that to attention, it was an interesting watch. Admittedly heavy rain disrupted my satellite reception briefly so I may have missed something but I couldn't feeling that from memory some of the early F Ford history was a bit disjointed. For instance, there was no mention of his time with the works PRS team in Britain & Europe in 1979.

My abiding memory of that year was a European Championship round at the Nurburgring, I believe only the second-ever FF race to be run on the Nordschleife. Tommy put the PRS on pole, & seeing it as a big opportunity, the Holman brothers who ran PRS guarded Tommy very carefully between qualifying & the race, ensuring he didn't get into any trouble. Needless to say, Tommy became a bad boy in the race. German hot-shot Peter Kroeber soon got the lead, but something like six separate observers around the circuit reported Tommy as he repeatedly hit Peter until the German went off. Needless to say, Byrne was disqualified, & John Village inherited the win, having had a grandstand view of the action & could see what the outcome would be.

It was great to see some period footage last night & spot many familiar faces from those days. Tommy has not lost any modesty either, considering himself to be the equal of Ayrton Senna was a bit far-fetched!

Last edited by John Elwin; 21 Mar 2017 at 08:24. Reason: Missed a word
Old 21 Mar 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3720396)   #949
racinglad
Rookie

racinglad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC iplayer

Has got crash and burn as well
Old 21 Mar 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3720399)   #950
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racinglad View Post
Has got crash and burn as well
That's excellent news. I will be able to watch it after all then...