Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3746462)   #2076
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Grant, is this sentence a direct link to this one of yours too: remarkably adept sentence of which even the most skilled politician would be proud. ?
By the way I did ignore you were using living ducks for ball trap. Its a wild world…
Gerard, you'll get Bauble & maybe others excited with your reference to the French sport of 'ball trap'! Not being a shooter myself, I believe the equivalent sport in England is known as clay pigeon shooting.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3746481)   #2077
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John, thank you for correcting what is a genuine mistake. As you say, in France this sport is called "ball trap" and believe me I never intend to upset anyone here. I think it started as "tir aux pigeons" when using living animals then turned to what I wrote when using clay discs. Sorry! This has nothing to see with an automatic corrector…
Old 24 Jun 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3746488)   #2078
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
John, thank you for correcting what is a genuine mistake. As you say, in France this sport is called "ball trap" and believe me I never intend to upset anyone here. I think it started as "tir aux pigeons" when using living animals then turned to what I wrote when using clay discs. Sorry! This has nothing to see with an automatic corrector…
Nothing to apologise for, Gerard! I had been here quite a long time before I discovered that ball trap & clay pigeon is actually the same thing. As I said, I am no shooter - the chances of me actually hitting anything are remote. The real pigeon that flew into my lounge the other day obviously knew he was on safe ground. Even my cat was too shocked to do anything.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3746489)   #2079
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Gerard, no need to apologise, you are French, so we understand.

What would ballcock translate in to French?

I note that a certain French driver is performing to his usual standard in Baku.

Ami Robert.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3746491)   #2080
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ami Robert thanks for your empathy. Ballcock gives something like regulator valve but if its a joke, I can't get it.
Yeeeeees, he is standing at his place. His standard is to come when he will wreck his car and other's too. In general it happens quickly.
I use to tell to one of my mates (very much french drivers oriented) that I couldn't understand how the Lotus mechanics resist the temptation to "explain" its impossible to stand so much work and involvement ruined in a blink of an eye by a selfish "tourist". Seems that Ocon is not this kind of driver. He learns, he works hard and puts a sock in it.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3746500)   #2081
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Grant, In my expert opinion it is quite obvious that several regular posters on this forum are, if not stark staring, definitely mad to some degree. I did indicate in cryptic fashion the identity of two of the most obvious characters, but left it to a sort of 'If the hat fits wear it' judgement for people to make for themselves as to others. The tenor or you post quoted above, would suggest to me that you are entirely sane, although I might be mad to say it.
Would you use for instance Vauxhall Velox as a user name when you did actually have one?

Get my drift?
If things weren't bad enough, you're now dragging my long departed Grandfather into this argument!
(Oh, and we had a lovely day at the Carnival thanks, sold lots of home-baked goodies!)
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3746519)   #2082
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
I am not sure if Bauble is suggesting that I am mad because I have a 911S & also have that as part of a username .

Or because I like watching rabbits Ski Jumping .
I must admit Tel that when I first saw your post I concluded that you were indeed a raving lunatic, however, after careful study I realised that the problem is not your mind but your eyes. Plainly you need stronger glasses for what you perceive as a Ski Jumping Rabbit, is in fact a witch who has lost her broomstick in mid flight.
Miy be u shud gu tuo spic severs.

Kind of regards,

VX90.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3746520)   #2083
bauble
Veteran

England
Cher Gerard,
Floating control valve will do nicely, and there was no joke involved, merely genuine curiosity.
Bon Nuit.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:29 (Ref:3746529)   #2084
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
From your comments about the picture posted by 911, I think it should be included to the mind test (something like Rorschach or Chabadach). When some can see flying ducks or turkeys or rabbits, other assume its a witch! Should it be a witch, dont you think her "balai" or stick is a small one? May be a new engine?
Robert, is the floating control valve related to the toilets? Or water closets as we say here!!
Old 25 Jun 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3746563)   #2085
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
From your comments about the picture posted by 911, I think it should be included to the mind test (something like Rorschach or Chabadach). When some can see flying ducks or turkeys or rabbits, other assume its a witch! Should it be a witch, dont you think her "balai" or stick is a small one? May be a new engine?
Robert, is the floating control valve related to the toilets? Or water closets as we say here!!
Chapeau! Gerard. FCV does indeed aid the disposal of unwanted matter from a 'bog'. John, Khazi, Loo, or WC.

As to Rorschach, we now need Tel to produce a series of pictures of Ski Jumping Rabbits in at various stages of flight, that can be shown to the congenitally deluded, and see what obscene visions they can produce from their troubled minds. I think that Viva might be a good starting point. No!

I nominate a French Grands Epreuve driver as the guinea pig for the experiment.

Bon Chance.

Le Bauble.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3746564)   #2086
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
If things weren't bad enough, you're now dragging my long departed Grandfather into this argument!
(Oh, and we had a lovely day at the Carnival thanks, sold lots of home-baked goodies!)
Good news on the pies Viv, I am sure Oxford is delighted, give her my best.

Sorry to have inadvertantly maligned your ancestor, I trust it was just a minor slip up, and that Uncle Victor is not offended, and that any mini members of the family are not distraught, so please accept my 1100 apologies.

Per Ardua ad Astra, as we RAF types are want to say.

Last edited by bauble; 25 Jun 2017 at 06:57. Reason: Addition of missing words to make sense of the post.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3746566)   #2087
bauble
Veteran

England
Note to Moderators;

While much of the previous subject matter has little or no relationship to Historic Racing, it is so much more readable than Gordon's lengthy and totally boring dissertations on Volvo diesel engines and the tracing and rectification of faults in the fuel delivery system. These can only be of interest to Mike Bell and insomniacs.

With the utmost respect.

Bauble.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3746569)   #2088
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Note to Moderators;

While much of the previous subject matter has little or no relationship to Historic Racing, it is so much more readable than Gordon's lengthy and totally boring dissertations on Volvo diesel engines and the tracing and rectification of faults in the fuel delivery system.

Bauble.
Matter of opinion I suppose, the absurdity of this thread is beyond me!
Old 25 Jun 2017, 08:03 (Ref:3746571)   #2089
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Note to Moderators;

While much of the previous subject matter has little or no relationship to Historic Racing, it is so much more readable than Gordon's lengthy and totally boring dissertations on Volvo diesel engines and the tracing and rectification of faults in the fuel delivery system. These can only be of interest to Mike Bell and insomniacs.

With the utmost respect.

Bauble.
Well being an OAP in sunny Spain does have it's advantages, I can lay by the pool or the sea (just down the road) and write as much old bo*****s as I like
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jun 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3746572)   #2090
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Chapeau! Gerard. FCV does indeed aid the disposal of unwanted matter from a 'bog'. John, Khazi, Loo, or WC.

As to Rorschach, we now need Tel to produce a series of pictures of Ski Jumping Rabbits in at various stages of flight, that can be shown to the congenitally deluded, and see what obscene visions they can produce from their troubled minds. I think that Viva might be a good starting point. No!

Bon Chance.

Le Bauble.
Even by Baubles strange standards, this is all very bizarre
Old 25 Jun 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3746575)   #2091
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well being an OAP in sunny Spain does have it's advantages, I can lay by the pool or the sea (just down the road) and write as much old bo*****s as I like
Gordon, despite my overwhelming lack of interest in Volvo engines I do admire your knowledge of such devices, and would not wish you to think that I in any way would wish to cause offence with my previous posting. I am, as you may have noticed am a great fan of old bo*****s, so keep it up.

From one very OAP to a less O one, Vaya con Dios.

El Toro.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 08:29 (Ref:3746577)   #2092
bauble
Veteran

England
Looking forward to my first visit to Cadwell Park for more years then I can count, in July for a double header MGCC and VSCC over the weekend of 22/23 July. Any advices as to travel, photographic opportunities, catering, car parking, access would be gratefully received.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3746579)   #2093
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looking forward to my first visit to Cadwell Park for more years then I can count, in July for a double header MGCC and VSCC over the weekend of 22/23 July. Any advices as to travel, photographic opportunities, catering, car parking, access would be gratefully received.
Travel - not sure which you you come from 'down south' so I'll leave that to others.

Car parking very easy - lots to choose between once through the gate and easy to move between the various parking areas during the day if you want to. Once through the gate turn right for Chris Curve and to get further along to Park Straight etc. Or just drive straight ahead from the gate, swinging left then right to the public parking alongside competitors. Other choices as well.

Catering - good cafeteria overlooking the track and assembly area. Plenty of choice - usual MSV fairly decent standards.

Photo ops - you'll be lost for choice! Still very good and reasonably close access at Cadwell with low fences. E.g. Hall Bends is very good for panning, bottom of the Mountain for head-on (even through fencing). More choices further round the circuit.

If you want any more detail then let me know.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3746583)   #2094
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Bob,

Andrew Kitson of this parish posted his rather excellent video of last years' Cadwell VSCC on You Tube. Well worth a look - it'll probably answer most of your questions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwNxYAG8H4

I've never been there, so otherwise can't help much.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3746589)   #2095
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Bon Chance.

Le Bauble.
Funny you should mention that , but I did a Rorschach test once & told the Doctor that all I could see were pictures of naked ladies .
He said I must have a dirty mind , so I said that he was the one that had all of the rude pictures .
Old 25 Jun 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3746592)   #2096
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ten Tenths.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	49921 Advice line is here !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jun 2017, 11:28 (Ref:3746602)   #2097
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Attachment 49921 Advice line is here !
Gordon, I've read that North Korean government officials are currently on a road trip touring Spanish delights such as Benidorm on a fact-finding mission as they want to build a holiday resort of their own.

Have they called you yet?
Old 25 Jun 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3746610)   #2098
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Funny you should mention that , but I did a Rorschach test once & told the Doctor that all I could see were pictures of naked ladies .
He said I must have a dirty mind , so I said that he was the one that had all of the rude pictures .
Old 25 Jun 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3746615)   #2099
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Travel - not sure which you you come from 'down south' so I'll leave that to others.

Car parking very easy - lots to choose between once through the gate and easy to move between the various parking areas during the day if you want to. Once through the gate turn right for Chris Curve and to get further along to Park Straight etc. Or just drive straight ahead from the gate, swinging left then right to the public parking alongside competitors. Other choices as well.

Catering - good cafeteria overlooking the track and assembly area. Plenty of choice - usual MSV fairly decent standards.

Photo ops - you'll be lost for choice! Still very good and reasonably close access at Cadwell with low fences. E.g. Hall Bends is very good for panning, bottom of the Mountain for head-on (even through fencing). More choices further round the circuit.

If you want any more detail then let me know.
Thanks Gary, that is very helpful, means I don't have to panic and arrive at the crack of dawn to find a space, travel wise I can probably find my way to Lincolnshire, I am looking for information about the final approach as I do not know the area at all, and a little local knowledge is often desirable. Back doubles, holes in the fence kind of stuff.

I hope to say hello the following week at the Classic.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3746621)   #2100
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I hope to say hello the following week at the Classic.

Cheers,

Bob.

Why, have you just learnt to speak or is it something more sinister?
Closed Thread