Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:07 (Ref:3747206)   #2126
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A suitable reply will be posted after the celebrations are over.

Treble twenty, double ten. Or Bulls eye, double fifteen. etc.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3747208)   #2127
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A suitable reply will be posted after the celebrations are over.

Treble twenty, double ten. Or Bulls eye, double fifteen. etc.
What's it like to be an Octopus (or whatever it's called) Baub?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3747210)   #2128
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Happy birthday Bob
Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3747211)   #2129
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
As mentioned on the other side, Happy birthday Bob, have a good day
Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3747217)   #2130
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy birthday Baub.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3747221)   #2131
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems that a great sens of humor can keep you fresh and sharp.
Mon ami Robert, portez vous bien et longtemps!
Thanks for posting but please consider trading your Vauxhall/ Peugeot thingy against a Volvo diesel !!! Probably one and more than one posting here can provide some plastic hubs! And half a potato too…
Old 27 Jun 2017, 09:00 (Ref:3747226)   #2132
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, I, sure none of you are the slightest bit interested, but it's a superb evening here in Portsmouth Ferry dockyard. Waiting to see if I can spot the old urban Fox scavenging around the cars and trucks.
I was there the other week waiting for a ferry to Santander and I was "surprised" at the lack of security, however I suppose if the ferry was going away from GB did it matter ?
Oh and a happy birthday Bob from Sunny Spain
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Jun 2017, 10:02 (Ref:3747240)   #2133
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...and a Joyeux Anniversaire from an equally sunny France, Bob.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3747241)   #2134
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I was there the other week waiting for a ferry to Santander and I was "surprised" at the lack of security, however I suppose if the ferry was going away from GB did it matter ?
Oh and a happy birthday Bob from Sunny Spain
I thought Bob was from Bedfordshire?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3747248)   #2135
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I thought Bob was from Bedfordshire?
Happy Birthday Bob and thanks for the pics over the years - from a very wet Cambridge.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:57 (Ref:3747266)   #2136
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
From my kikipedia and to stick to the thread keeping it historic racing related, June of your year of birth gives:
Bernd Rosemeyer wins the Donington GP pedaling an Auto Union. An ERA wins the SA grand prix, Pat Fairfield at wheel.
The 24 hours of Le Mans offers first place to the Jean Pierre Wimille and Robert Benoit's Bugatti (in front of 2 Delahaye and 1 Delage), first GB crew finishing 5 th - Skeffington/ Murton-Neale, Aston Martin Ulster. Best lap time, Bugatti tank 5'13" (Wimille at wheel) .
Only two "inventions" recorded: the ski lift and ……… You !
Oh, and hum, Vauxhall launches the famous 10-4 fitted with chrome hub covers as standard, one of the first monocoque of its era
Old 27 Jun 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3747304)   #2137
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hope you have a brilliant day "Bouble Bob". Many thanks for all you do re BBQ at the Classic. Its Mr and Mrs Delta 30 Th wedding anniversary today as well so I will toast your good health tonight.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3747314)   #2138
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many happies to you Bob - what is it like to be so ancient? - and well persevered to you Iain and Mrs Delta.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3747317)   #2139
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well you are all being nice to me, but over on the F1 bit I am getting a lot of stick, just goes to show who your friends are.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3747318)   #2140
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Many happies to you Bob - what is it like to be so ancient? - and well persevered to you Iain and Mrs Delta.
Sorry Mike, I had to read your post twice. It must have been because you mentioned Baub, but I thought you'd said well preserved to you Ian and Mrs Delta!
Old 27 Jun 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3747326)   #2141
richrad smith
Racer

Scotland
30 minutes from knockhill by road
richrad smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
joyeux anniversaire mon amie
Old 27 Jun 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3747334)   #2142
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Sorry Mike, I had to read your post twice. It must have been because you mentioned Baub, but I thought you'd said well preserved to you Ian and Mrs Delta!
Go back to the start and read the title of this thread.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 15:41 (Ref:3747339)   #2143
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Happy Birthday to Carole (my big sister )

Oh, and to Bauble, too
Old 27 Jun 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3747352)   #2144
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Go back to the start and read the title of this thread.
Sorry Baub, I started the day off with the best of intentions but as the day's progressed my resolve weakened... Happy Baubday Birth.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3747362)   #2145
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
however I suppose if the ferry was going away from GB did it matter ?
Doesn't matter in the slightest. Bit different at Caen, the gendarmes and security were everywhere....
Old 27 Jun 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3747370)   #2146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy Birthday mate!

Oh and Lewis has asked me to send you the very best too. I said you'd be overjoyed....
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3747389)   #2147
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Happy Birthday mate!

Oh and Lewis has asked me to send you the very best too. I said you'd be overjoyed....
Don't you 'Mate' me, get back to the F1 Forum ........
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3747391)   #2148
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Don't you 'Mate' me, get back to the F1 Forum ........
I only go there to rib you....... (and that's only when they open the Le Mans 'cage' and let me out for my weekly exercise......).
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:47 (Ref:3747416)   #2149
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Birthday Old Bean...

Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3747434)   #2150
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy birthday Bob , & may you have many more of them
Closed Thread