Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3747441)   #2151
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have a top day. Give 'em hell in F1
Old 27 Jun 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3747469)   #2152
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many thanks for all of your good wishes lads, it is nice to see that the younger generation still have respect for their elders. When I was a teenager, (yes we had them in the 50's) I thought that I would hate to be 'old', and remember thinking that I hoped I would never reach 70, yet here I am 80 and loving it.

I am blessed with good health, and while my body often points out it is many years old, the mind keeps calling it a liar. I feel it fair to say that my brain still operates on 1950's time.

Probably for the first and only time I would like to state sincerely I am amongst friends on the Historic section, and have no issues with anyone.

But then tomorrow is another day ..................................!

God Bless you All.

Bauble.

Delta; congratulations on the anniversary, you are over the worst of it now.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3747477)   #2153
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
22:51 so just over an hour to go and (Ab) normal and abusive service can be resumed!
(Seriously, I hope you've had a great day Bob, with many more of these anniversaries to go...)
Old 27 Jun 2017, 23:41 (Ref:3747490)   #2154
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Doesn't matter in the slightest. Bit different at Caen, the gendarmes and security were everywhere....
No problems at all at the other end in Santander, drove off the ferry and out of the docks without showing anything at all !!!!!! OK we were probably on some sort of CCTV but it was siesta time so who knows ?
I would think that in todays "big brother" world that the powers that be have a pretty good database on peoples movements or I would at least hope so !
I wasn't wearing my Burka on that day so they could see who I was.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 27 Jun 2017 at 23:50.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Jun 2017, 05:43 (Ref:3747533)   #2155
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
No problems at all at the other end in Santander, drove off the ferry and out of the docks without showing anything at all !!!!!! OK we were probably on some sort of CCTV but it was siesta time so who knows ?
I would think that in todays "big brother" world that the powers that be have a pretty good database on peoples movements or I would at least hope so !
I wasn't wearing my Burka on that day so they could see who I was.
I don't think many migrants travel to the north of Spain to try and get to the UK- Bay of Biscay's reputation probably puts them off!

I can't really understand why any off them still want to come here anyway......
Old 28 Jun 2017, 08:08 (Ref:3747542)   #2156
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Happy Birthday Old Bean...

Percy, who is that old man I am talking to? He was probably helping me to put a film in my camera.

Cheers,

Office@
Old 28 Jun 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3747544)   #2157
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Just to cheer you "guys n gals" up in the UK this is typically what we wake up to most mornings, and this morning was no exception.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7344 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	49942 It's a hard life. !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Jun 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3747546)   #2158
bauble
Veteran

England
Many thanks to everyone who posted here, yes and that includes Viva, I had a very nice day. Treated to lunch by friend Polly, and receiving telephone calls from my daughters scattered around the country. But! The interest and best wishes shown on Tenths is quite magic, and shows what a great bunch of people we have here. After all if they take the trouble to congratulate ME, well the rest of you can be sure you are well loved. Hopefully I will have many more years to upset as many of you as possible. Truly,. Thank you all it has been ............... where's my hanky.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3747550)   #2159
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Just to cheer you "guys n gals" up in the UK this is typically what we wake up to most mornings, and this morning was no exception.Attachment 49942 It's a hard life. !
Gordon, did you ever watch the 'Drop The Dead Donkey', series on TV?
particularly the episode where Henry Davenport asks;

"In which circle of Hell did Dante put the smug B******s?"

Just wondering.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3747564)   #2160
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Gordon, did you ever watch the 'Drop The Dead Donkey', series on TV?
particularly the episode where Henry Davenport asks;

"In which circle of Hell did Dante put the smug B******s?"

Just wondering.
I posted this up just to get a reaction from you Bob, and it worked ! Cheers
Old 28 Jun 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3747565)   #2161
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Smug B............
Old 28 Jun 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3747566)   #2162
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well, he really is a day over 80 now, even if he doesn't look it! Things are back to normal.

Actually, Gordon, I was going to ask if you had woken up in McDonald's!
Old 28 Jun 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3747571)   #2163
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Well, he really is a day over 80 now, even if he doesn't look it! Things are back to normal.

Actually, Gordon, I was going to ask if you had woken up in McDonald's!
Thankfully we don't have Burger joints in our area
Old 28 Jun 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3747581)   #2164
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Any Minuit now I sense JT,coming on.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3747592)   #2165
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just happened across a clip showing the NZ beating the USA for the Americas Cup. Unless I have it totally wrong ........WTF has all that to do with yacht racing?

Is this another sport where technology has ruined the original ethos?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3747615)   #2166
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Many thanks to everyone who posted here, yes and that includes Viva, I had a very nice day. Treated to lunch by friend Polly, and receiving telephone calls from my daughters scattered around the country. But! The interest and best wishes shown on Tenths is quite magic, and shows what a great bunch of people we have here. After all if they take the trouble to congratulate ME, well the rest of you can be sure you are well loved. Hopefully I will have many more years to upset as many of you as possible. Truly,. Thank you all it has been ............... where's my hanky.
I read this the first thing this morning and have been thinking Aw Shucks baub...
Then I remembered what your signature says!
Old 28 Jun 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3747617)   #2167
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Just happened across a clip showing the NZ beating the USA for the Americas Cup. Unless I have it totally wrong ........WTF has all that to do with yacht racing?

Is this another sport where technology has ruined the original ethos?
Well, I had heard that Adrian Newey was taking an interest...
Old 28 Jun 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3747620)   #2168
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Horses for courses....I thought it was pretty spectacular viewing seeing these monstrous vessels skimming across the water at ridiculous speeds....but I do take your point this is a long long way from yacht sailing....there was not a hint of canvas anywhere onboard!!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 28 Jun 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3747621)   #2169
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Well, I had heard that Adrian Newey was taking an interest...
The UK entry (which failed to get into the final) had a bit of F1 involvement apparently. From memory, I think Martin Whitmarsh was CEO and one of McLaren's ex engineers was involved. Newly was an occasional design consultant or similar.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3747624)   #2170
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I've merged the Happy birthday Bauble thread with this one.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3747633)   #2171
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I read this the first thing this morning and have been thinking Aw Shucks baub...
Then I remembered what your signature says!
Always read thesmall print.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3747648)   #2172
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Robert, from your profile I read that you seem to regret you could shake some well known F1 hands. May I ask why?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 19:24 (Ref:3747657)   #2173
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Robert, from your profile I read that you seem to regret you could shake some well known F1 hands. May I ask why?
I see what you mean Gerard, I have now corrected the mistake, naturally I am proud to have shaken hands with two of the greatest Champions. However, they are not the only ones, but one does not like to boast.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3747763)   #2174
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I see what you mean Gerard, I have now corrected the mistake, naturally I am proud to have shaken hands with two of the greatest Champions. However, they are not the only ones, but one does not like to boast.

What about the other one?
Old 29 Jun 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3747772)   #2175
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotustwincam View Post
[/B]
What about the other one?
Well as you ask; Sir Jackie Stewart, and I have interviewed, Sir Jack Brabham, John Surtees, Damon Hill,, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Sebastien Vettel, I have also met Mike Hawthorn, Denny Hulme, Keke Rosberg, Alan Prost and Nigel Mansell in some small way or the other.
These are just the Formula 1 World Champions, the list of other greats and not so greats is too long for this forum.

Kind regards,

Bauble.

Last edited by bauble; 29 Jun 2017 at 10:55. Reason: Addition of a comma