Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Dec 2017, 02:39 (Ref:3784454)   #801
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Problem is that the ACO are keeping the tire limits in both the LMS and WEC, so teams will still have to double stint multiple times during a race. Only time that gets invalidated is if it rains.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3784562)   #802
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Problem is that the ACO are keeping the tire limits in both the LMS and WEC, so teams will still have to double stint multiple times during a race. Only time that gets invalidated is if it rains.
That's what I was thinking.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3784922)   #803
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I like the ideas of where we all want them to race, but this is off topic a little. Our 'fantasy schedule' has been done in another thread iirc.
Yes I think I'm not going to go into it, also as again neither sides agrees with the other
Old 6 Dec 2017, 02:20 (Ref:3785350)   #804
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Updated list of non-European/non-Asian Grade 1 and Grade 2 circuits from the FIA list of October 24, 2017. The changes versus the July 2017 list are the adding back in of several North American tracks (Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Sonoma, Toronto).

USA: COTA*, Indy*, Barber, Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Mid-Ohio, Long Beach, Nola, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St. Petersburg, VIR, Watkins Glen
Canada: Montreal* (not on list but assumed), Mosport, Toronto street course

Mexico: Mexico City*
Brazil: Interlagos*
Argentina: Autódromo Termas de R*o Hondo

South Africa: Kyalami

Australia: Albert Park*, Eastern Creek, Surfers Paradise
New Zealnd: Taupo

* = Grade 1, rest Grade 2
Old 6 Dec 2017, 05:23 (Ref:3785367)   #805
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I have to have a bit of a laugh seeing Lime Rock, NOLA, and VIR on there, given all the times people say some other tracks "aren't up to snuff", yet those three "make the cut".

Also, I'm not sure how Taupo makes Grade 2; it's been several years since A1GP was there, and the GT3s run Hampton Downs and Highlands, not Taupo, in NZ.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3786037)   #806
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche WEC Driver Line Ups:

#91: Gianmaria Bruni, Richard Lietz
#92: Michael Christensen, Kevin Estre
Old 11 Dec 2017, 14:28 (Ref:3786302)   #807
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Anybody have an idea on what the car numbers of the BMW M8s are going to be?
Old 11 Dec 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3786346)   #808
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2018 WEC Season

The rumour mill that is Motorsport.com is putting Jani and Lotterer in a Rebellion LMP1 next year.... apparently an announcement is due in the next few weeks

Lotterer / Jani / Menezes / Laurent / Senna / Beche.....

Pinch of salt for now
Old 11 Dec 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3786355)   #809
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
The rumour mill that is Motorsport.com is putting Jani and Lotterer in a Rebellion LMP1 next year.... apparently an announcement is due in the next few weeks

Pinch of salt for now
Now that'd be a ****king good squad!
Old 11 Dec 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3786419)   #810
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Pinch of salt for now
Or put more accurately - the Auto Hebdo story that said the same 3 days earlier!
Old 12 Dec 2017, 01:12 (Ref:3786427)   #811
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Or put more accurately - the Auto Hebdo story that said the same 3 days earlier!

Don't follow Aut Hebdo so wasn't too sure of it til it went up on a rather more trusty fact-orientated site called DSC
Old 12 Dec 2017, 03:10 (Ref:3786448)   #812
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Confirmation might come as early as Wednesday according to the 'more IMSA orientated' Racer.com source.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 03:43 (Ref:3786451)   #813
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Don't follow Aut Hebdo so wasn't too sure of it til it went up on a rather more trusty fact-orientated site called DSC
A-H is usually reliable. Motorsport.com is big but they aren't always the first.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3786497)   #814
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
A-H is usually reliable. Motorsport.com is big but they aren't always the first.
I fine that Motorsport.com arent always too bothered about being strictly factual either hence my unsureness of them
Old 12 Dec 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3786505)   #815
Bcarr6
Veteran

My WEC list might be a bit dusty in the P2 (has anyone else even confirmed intent other than Manor??), GTE Am sections, but other than that looking like a cracker of a season... shame theres only 5 events in 2018...

FIA WEC Entry List 2018

LMP1

Toyota Gazoo Racing - Toyota TS050 -
By Kolles - CLM P/01 NISMO -
Manor Racing - Ginetta P1 Meccachrome -
Manor Racing - Ginetta P1 Meccachrome (possible) -
Dragonspeed - Dallara BR-1 Gibson -
SMP Racing (ART GP) - Dallara BR-1 AER -
TBA - Ginetta P1 -
TBA - Ginetta P1 -
Rebellion Racing - TBA (possible) - Neel Jani / Bruno Senna / Matthias Beche
Rebellion Racing - TBA (possible) - Andre Lotterer / Thomas Laurent /Gustavo Menezes

LMP2

Manor Racing - Oreca 07 Gibson -

GTE PRO

AF Corse - Ferrari 488 GTE Evo -
AF Corse - Ferrari 488 GTE Evo -
Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin Vantage GTE - Alex Lynn / Darren Turner / Johnny Adam / Nicky Thiim / Marco Sorensen
Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin Vantage GTE -
M-Tek - BMW M8 GTE -
M-Tek - BMW M8 GTE -
Chip Ganassi Racing (UK) - Ford GT GTE - Stefan Mucke / Olivier Pla
Chip Ganassi Racing (UK) - Ford GT GTE - Andy Priaulx / Harry Ticknell
Porsche GT Team - Porsche 911 RSR GTE - Gianmaria Bruni / Richard Lietz
Porsche GT Team - Porsche 911 RSR GTE - Kevin Estre / Michael Christensen

GTE AM

Clearwater Racing - Ferrari 488 GTE -
Project 1 - Porsche 911 RSR GTE -
Proton Competition - Porsche 911 RSR GTE -
Proton Competition - Porsche 911 RSR GTE -
Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin Vantage GTE (possible) -
Old 13 Dec 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3786856)   #816
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rebellion confirmed his 2018 lmp1 effort with 2 cars.

9 Lmp1 so far! one manufacturer down, a whole class rising.

Rebellion Racing
Rebellion Racing

I expect to see rebellion with a lmp1 modified oreca 07, my bet on gibson 4.5 about the engine.
I don't expect a second ginetta for team manor.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 18:21 (Ref:3786861)   #817
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking very good. My money (which I wouldn't count on) for the TBA Ginettas is they'll become Alpines.

So, assuming Rebellion do go with ORECA (which isn't confirmed), right now we're up to 5 different chassis and 5 different engines.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3786866)   #818
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Rebellion confirmed his 2018 lmp1 effort with 2 cars.

9 Lmp1 so far! one manufacturer down, a whole class rising.

Rebellion Racing
Rebellion Racing

I expect to see rebellion with a lmp1 modified oreca 07, my bet on gibson 4.5 about the engine.
I don't expect a second ginetta for team manor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Looking very good. My money (which I wouldn't count on) for the TBA Ginettas is they'll become Alpines.

So, assuming Rebellion do go with ORECA (which isn't confirmed), right now we're up to 5 different chassis and 5 different engines.
Looking more and more forward to this upcoming season with each additional announcement! The quality of drivers announced so far seems very high. Hope the cars can product the type of racing we expect.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 18:59 (Ref:3786868)   #819
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Looking more and more forward to this upcoming season with each additional announcement! The quality of drivers announced so far seems very high. Hope the cars can product the type of racing we expect.

Don't know that actually are you expecting, but to me lmp1 championship will be really unfair with toyota 2-3 seconds faster than anyone else race to race.
Anyway, this and maybe next year too LM will be achieved by a private lmp1 or lmp2 team, because you know.... s**t happens, and when it does, it always picks toyota.

About ginettas, honestly I expect to see a pair of extra cars fielded only directly by ginetta (featuring manor or another team) at le mans.
I don't expect to see kolles car outside europe as well.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3786869)   #820
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Don't know that actually are you expecting, but to me lmp1 championship will be really unfair with toyota 2-3 seconds faster than anyone else race to race.
Anyway, this and maybe next year too LM will be achieved by a private lmp1 or lmp2 team, because you know.... s**t happens, and when it does, it always picks toyota.

About ginettas, honestly I expect to see a pair of extra cars fielded only directly by ginetta (featuring manor or another team) at le mans.
I don't expect to see kolles car outside europe as well.
Imo Kolles gave up this year to do the entire campaign for the super season. They have been out testing the car and updates for that reason. It's a cheaper expense too since there's less races per year. Maybe these new lmp1s are extremely fast. I don't see why they wouldn't be looking at the lmp2 pace. The cars will be 80kg lighter and have close to 100 more horsepower.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3786873)   #821
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well LMP looking much better than anyone expected 3 months ago and if, as indicated in earlier post, all using different power plants then that will make thinks even more interesting. Really looking forward to heading to Spa for my first look at these new machines
Old 13 Dec 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3786888)   #822
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Imo Kolles gave up this year to do the entire campaign for the super season. They have been out testing the car and updates for that reason. It's a cheaper expense too since there's less races per year. Maybe these new lmp1s are extremely fast. I don't see why they wouldn't be looking at the lmp2 pace. The cars will be 80kg lighter and have close to 100 more horsepower.
About weight, honestly I don't think that private lmp1 will be ever able to achieve that target (about 840kg). Expecially turbo cars.
Very likely the whole lmp1 roster will run in the 900kg range.

If we talk about performances, I expect this:
Le mans

toyota: a carefull 3.18 without any real time attack (3.14-3.15 possible again)

private lmp1: 3.212-3.22 range at best

lmp2: 3.24 at best
Old 13 Dec 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3786897)   #823
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
TBA - Ginetta P1 -
TBA - Ginetta P1
Probably not happening now as per Graham Godwin over on the reddit WEC page.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3786918)   #824
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Probably not happening now as per Graham Godwin over on the reddit WEC page.
The phantom Perrinn customer strikes again?
Old 14 Dec 2017, 01:49 (Ref:3786941)   #825
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't know what I am expecting either! Lol. Poor choice of words on my part. I guess I just hope the cars are competitive with each other, and reliable. And if they are faster than the P2's that would be even better. I don't expect them to be on Toyota pace but that doesn't bother me at all. But if Toyota has a problem during a race I expect one of the new cars to be able to capitalize.