Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 9 Mar 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1541856)   #1
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long time no track!

So, i present my latest creation:

FalloutZone Raceway.
The track itself is fast, abrasive and very demanding with high g corners, bumpy braking areas and blind crests.

A Few of the tracks highlights include the 'Bloodwork' Corner, where your line has to be perfect and car set up well to be quick though it, where you then apporach the tricky 'Slayer' hairpin, where it's bumpy, blind braking zone sucks you in untill it's too late. Placid drop and rise are also off camber, but very quick corners in an F1 car, where it's possible to take them flat out if you are really concentrating, but get it wrong and you're into the gravel and the tyres.

There's no asphalt runoff, only gravel, concrete walls, and tyres, making it an exhilarating and scarydrive.
The trakc is around 4.5 miles long. Feel free to edit.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1542988)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'll close the door form the outside...
Old 10 Mar 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1543001)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Very nice! Very flowing!

P.S I know how you feel about the tumbleweed thing
Old 10 Mar 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1543003)   #4
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like it - the shape of the start/end of the lap reminds me a bit of Brands, as if Druids was, pushed back, stretched, and had a couple of chicanes stuck in there...OK that's pushing it a bit!! But I do love the use of esses, even if it would be too dangerous in real life
Old 10 Mar 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1543004)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Cheers mate, yeah i've always had it in many forums, i can say something and no one else will ever reply. I think i have a certain skill at that
Old 10 Mar 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1543025)   #6
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ditto *ahem* Interlagos *ahem*
Old 10 Mar 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1543072)   #7
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha nice one Rock... .looks pretty dudey mate
Old 10 Mar 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1543128)   #8
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been ill for the last few days so I have been in bed most of the time so I havn't been on the forum. Nice track Rockmunky! Would be great to drive even though it would be way too dangerous for modern standards.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 11 Mar 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1543437)   #9
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Ahh me too, i had most of week of school, but had to go in on thursday as i had french speaking exam...
I'd like to drive it too... It's a shame safety standards restrict design in some ways.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1543701)   #10
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, without beating about the bush, i must say i seldonly comment on tracks that i don't see as being exceptionally well. I don't want to be a spoilsport, but i can't find my self mass-producing empty phrases about tracks being "ok" and "pretty nice". And judging from my point of view we've had quite a lot of so-so tracks coming around the latest months - but keep 'em coming guys, you won't get better by hiding underneath the ground, but perhaps it's better for some (no-one mentioned, no-one specifically highlighted) to groom their tracks for some time and optimizing them, in stead of just spurting them out one after another .
Old 11 Mar 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1543818)   #11
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol t_r, no one is a professional. Taking the high ground a bit there aren't you? You may have been around a bit, but it doesn't make you any better than any other member. This is a forum afterall, we aren't exactly attempting to take Tilke's job off him.

I know you don't intend you be a spoilsport, but quite frankly you were a little. I don't want this to turn into an argument, but I just didn't appreciate the tone of your post. I hope you can see where I am coming from, but I do appreciate the bit encouraging people to post circuits.

However, I don't think you are in any position to tell people not to "spurt out" tracks as such. As you say, if you don't like them, or think they're so-so, then just say that. Or alternatively, don't say anything at all. But, if you do, be constructive, which - I suppose, parts of your above post were.

Nice track Rockmunkey, but as others have said, it is quite dangerous. But judging from your style, you are a traditionalist and we can all dream!
Old 11 Mar 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1543930)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd actually missed this tread totally...I aagree with Jab in that the last turn s/f and turn one are very Brands Hatch in nature.
Not sure about the stretch that parallels itself.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1558762)   #13
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I don't know TR. Nicky has posted Speed Valley and Twinnil, which both seem pretty good. And AF posted Gibside and Kendal, which I thought were both very good circuits.

Hey, they can't all be great. Maybe you could help a bit more, TR, if you provided some added constructive criticism. Beyond just editing suggestions, you could be general hints on ovarll improvements in the types of designs.

Very nice track Rockmunky. I would note that if you slightly tightened the exit to "The Backbreakers" and pulled "Symmon's Drop" back a little further from the inside of the "Placid" double-apexer, you'd improve the run-off situation greatly.