Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Feb 2004, 20:27 (Ref:863100)   #1
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DPs at Nurburgring

Do you think DPs could race on the Nordschleife?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 20:33 (Ref:863104)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah, they could, but i doubt they'd ever get to.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 20:52 (Ref:863122)   #3
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ultimately, theoretically, anything could. But some cars you just wouldnt want to.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 20:57 (Ref:863125)   #4
Thommy
Racer

Germany
Kulmbach, Bavaria
Thommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NEVER!
Old 4 Feb 2004, 20:58 (Ref:863129)   #5
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anycar should be driven on the Nürburgring, even a Lola B2K/10.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:07 (Ref:863142)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Keep them on your side of the Ocean!

Serious, with LMES and FIA GT there isn't a reason to bring these cars to Europe.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:07 (Ref:863143)   #7
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HELL YES Love the B2K/10!

Last edited by Duffacus; 4 Feb 2004 at 21:08.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:14 (Ref:863155)   #8
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edmonton, the Nordschleife is only for the 24 hour race, correct? If that's the case, only production cars are allowed in that race, thus we will see no DPs or B2K/10s on that track. Still, with over a hundred cars on the grid, why would you want anything else there? LOL

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:21 (Ref:863165)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Keep them on your side of the Ocean!
Serious, with LMES and FIA GT there isn't a reason to bring these cars to Europe.
Maybe DPs are mainly conceived for a specific philosophic way of thinking race, but european championships need american marks, and japanese ones BTW.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:30 (Ref:863174)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Maybe DPs are mainly conceived for a specific philosophic way of thinking race, but european championships need american marks, and japanese ones BTW.
What I meant to say is that with full grids in LMES and FIA GT there isn't room for DP's.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:40 (Ref:863193)   #11
Chevyguy
Racer

There isn't any room for the DPs simply because they don't fit the formula. The DPs are gonna be excellent in GA this year, but really don't belong in the same race as the high tech LMP and GTS cars. I'm curious to see some times from Mid Ohio, because I would like to know which goes faster, DP or LMP2. If the times are pretty close, I think the DPs could be absorbed into the LMP2 class.

Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:45 (Ref:863200)   #12
Scrutineer78
Racer

Scrutineer78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The DPs are a brand of competition that only Americans would understand and/or appreciate.

They need to stay in the U.S.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:52 (Ref:863212)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now that's not fair- any tubeframe car is understood where anyone races- the greenhouse big for your protection is the place where most may get lost-that may be the largest glaring physical error-that and basing it off a 3.6 l NA porsche motor.
If they run likea LMP2 an absorbing would be nice, it would allow for nice cross overs, and some unity.
so much bickering going on you know
Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:56 (Ref:863218)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Anycar should be driven on the Nürburgring,
Certainly, irrespective of the regs. One of the places to drive anything.
Quote:
even a Lola B2K/10.
and why not.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:30 (Ref:863278)   #15
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
and why not.
Why not Lola B2K/10 ? It's a old joke from here
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:51 (Ref:863324)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Scrutineer78
The DPs are a brand of competition that only Americans would understand and/or appreciate.

They need to stay in the U.S.
Or maybe Europeans are not quite as gullable as there US counterparts.

DPs are basically mid engined Trans-Am cars. Nothing innovative about that!
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:53 (Ref:863327)   #17
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chevyguy
There isn't any room for the DPs simply because they don't fit the formula. The DPs are gonna be excellent in GA this year, but really don't belong in the same race as the high tech LMP and GTS cars. I'm curious to see some times from Mid Ohio, because I would like to know which goes faster, DP or LMP2. If the times are pretty close, I think the DPs could be absorbed into the LMP2 class.
I would expect a top LMP2 car to be quicker than a GTS car. It would therefore be quicker than a DP.

Also DPs do not conform to the safety regs of LMP2.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 23:10 (Ref:863352)   #18
Chevyguy
Racer

The GTS cars were out qualifying the pre-MG 675 cars, so I'm thinking the new generation of GTS cars are going to be much faster than the P2s. GTS keeps getting faster, P2 has been slowed down. Like I said, I'll wait for Mid Ohio so I can see a direct comparison.

I think the safety regs could be worked together for those two classes, it's just a case of either GA or ACO wanting (<keyword) to do it. That is not something I really want, or expect to happen, but it's not as far fetched as prototypes at the Nurburgring 24.

Perhaps you should lay off the cracks on us gullable Americans, or else we might not save your ass during the next war. HA!!! Got ya. LOL

Old 4 Feb 2004, 23:42 (Ref:863394)   #19
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Chevyguy
The GTS cars were out qualifying the pre-MG 675 cars, so I'm thinking the new generation of GTS cars are going to be much faster than the P2s. GTS keeps getting faster, P2 has been slowed down. Like I said, I'll wait for Mid Ohio so I can see a direct comparison.

I think the safety regs could be worked together for those two classes, it's just a case of either GA or ACO wanting (<keyword) to do it. That is not something I really want, or expect to happen, but it's not as far fetched as prototypes at the Nurburgring 24.

Perhaps you should lay off the cracks on us gullable Americans, or else we might not save your ass during the next war. HA!!! Got ya. LOL
If you base the performance of the new LMP2s on the Courage C65 you can see that they will be pretty quick, much quicker than a Pilbeam for example.

IMO, they will be quicker than even a Maserati, particulalry on tight and twisty circuits.

As for gullable Americans, well I'll not comment.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 00:26 (Ref:863439)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Jag but I dont agree, take last years LM for example the lead LMP 675 car managed a best time of 3:44.333. That was set by the DBA but is now a LMP 1 class car, the lead car that will run in this years LMP 2 class that raced last year was a Courage C65, setting a best time of 3:51.550, now the GTS class cars did a 3:53.278, not much slower at all, and the Ferrari 575's and 550's and possibly even the Saleen's will be quicker than last year, how much quicker we dont know, either way the lead GTS class cars should be faster than the lead LMP 2 class machinery. Especially when the Maserati shows up.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 00:40 (Ref:863459)   #21
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Sorry Jag but I dont agree, take last years LM for example the lead LMP 675 car managed a best time of 3:44.333. That was set by the DBA but is now a LMP 1 class car, the lead car that will run in this years LMP 2 class that raced last year was a Courage C65, setting a best time of 3:51.550, now the GTS class cars did a 3:53.278, not much slower at all, and the Ferrari 575's and 550's and possibly even the Saleen's will be quicker than last year, how much quicker we dont know, either way the lead GTS class cars should be faster than the lead LMP 2 class machinery. Especially when the Maserati shows up.
How did I know you would reply Saleen

With 10% more power, and a lot more development the Courage should be in the mid to late 3.40s.

Also consider LM is not representitive of the average circuit.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 01:07 (Ref:863486)   #22
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True, but then remember the Ferrari 575's are faster than the Ferrari 550's from what we have seen so far, or at least AS fast as the Ferrari 550's, and they have not yet raced at Le Mans but in theory they should be as fast if not faster than the 550s and Saleen's, lets not forget too that the GTS class cars will have 10% more power than last year. Last year really hurt the GTS class the most of all, I remember Jamie Davies at Le Mans saying that the Ferrari 550 was around 8-10mph slower on the Mulsanne than the car was in 2002, now thats a hell of a lot, of course we dont know yet how fast the Courage would be as it didnt run in 2002.

Jag u really think the Courage C65 will be lapping 11 seconds faster at Le Mans this year than last?!? That would be a staggering performance leap if it managed to do so but realisticly I dont think it will happen...
Old 5 Feb 2004, 01:25 (Ref:863497)   #23
Scrutineer78
Racer

Scrutineer78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Or maybe Europeans are not quite as gullable as there US counterparts.

DPs are basically mid engined Trans-Am cars. Nothing innovative about that!
Same tune, different album.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 03:03 (Ref:863557)   #24
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GTS cars usually finish ahead of all the LM675 cars but the MGs (which are now LMP1 cars). I think the GTS cars will be quicker (slightly) than the LMP2 class cars that are actually built to the 2004 rules..
Old 5 Feb 2004, 03:22 (Ref:863568)   #25
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
heu JAG what's ur problem man, no matter what thread i read u seem to be making fun of Americans, what do u have against us man? grand am is taking a direction it thinks it's right and it seems to be working, look at how many DP's there were at daytona, 17 and at least 3 more joining for homestead. i'm not a big fan of the DP's either but it seems to be working, the drivers say they are fun to drive and also international stars are driving them like jan lammers thomas erdos, didier theys, milka duno. same with teh ALMS, it's taking a direction that it thinks suits it best but with the new LMP rules for 2005 teams are a bit hesitant to but new LMP's because they won't be eligible next year. no constructor has built a lmp to the new rules yet, lola is currently building one for the LMP2 but who else. ther ehas been no word on teh piper design and teh new audi won't be out till 2006. and as far as GTS the new DB9 is coming out next year and we'll see a lambo in the ALMS this year. also the usa econmoy isn't the best right now because thanks to our president it sucks. but in the next couple years look to see a rise in grids