Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:30 (Ref:870375)   #1
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McNish has other plans then formula-1 it seems

Allan McNish has called time on Eddie Jordan and the chance to race in Formula One this season. The Scot will instead return to sportscars with Audi, contesting the inaugural Le Mans endurance series.

McNish, 34, had hoped to return to grand prix racing after testing for Renault last season and was in contention to partner Nick Heidfeld at Jordan. But with Jordan unable to commit while there was still an opportunity to land a paid driver, McNish felt he had to make a decision on his future now.

The whole story:

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...2Fsmform11.xml

love, bridget
Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:38 (Ref:870390)   #2
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame really, time is not on his side
Old 11 Feb 2004, 10:27 (Ref:870444)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I hope that EJ knows what he's doing. My not signing McNish, he's surely turning away extra B&H money?
Old 11 Feb 2004, 10:43 (Ref:870454)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm just happy that after all those years where it looked like the F1 dream had disappeared, he got his chance to race in F1. He can't complain and I don't think he would.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 10:44 (Ref:870457)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is probably the right move for Allan. It's a good offer, which is bound to see him challenge for the title, and Eddie's constant delays in choosing a driver have made it too big a risk. Perhaps, after several years of winning sportscar races and one year of not winning F1 races, Allan has a desire to return to the former?
Old 11 Feb 2004, 10:57 (Ref:870474)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think B&H may of had a change of heart on boosting the budget for signing a British driver, if it had been a 'DC or a Button', I'm sure they would have pushed the boat out. No dis-respect to Ralph or Allan, but I don't think their profile excited B&H enough.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 12:04 (Ref:870541)   #7
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see McNish in a full time drive even though it's not F1, i thought he was wasting his talent running around on Friday's last year.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 13:07 (Ref:870630)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
dailysportscar reported yesterday that McNish and Herbert have signed for Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx for the LMES races, Sebring and Le Mans.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 13:33 (Ref:870666)   #9
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
dailysportscar reported yesterday that McNish and Herbert have signed for Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx for the LMES races, Sebring and Le Mans.
that's good news...
Old 11 Feb 2004, 13:36 (Ref:870671)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a good seat for Allan. Pity he couldn't get the Jordan drive but he says EJ wanted £4million and he's never been a pay-driver.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 13:38 (Ref:870675)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I wish Allan every success. As a sportscar fan, I'm delighted to welcome him back to the fold. He may yet be better off there than with an F1 outfit who will surely struggle like hell.....
Old 11 Feb 2004, 19:52 (Ref:871100)   #12
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for Allan, and I also wish him luck.

I'm always glad to see a driver of Allan's calibur have a place to go, and not have to sit idly by, while team owners drag there feet.

The future for Jordan, is certainly looking grim right now, both in terms of performance and finance. I'm beginning to think that we maybe losing another team soon...

Danica Patrick
Old 11 Feb 2004, 21:48 (Ref:871232)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Jordan will be around for a while. The new distribution of cash gives teams a bit more than before - and he's signed a couple of solid drivers, rather than going simply for the highest bidder.