Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3719376)   #126
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The Americans got it right but needed the French base to do it.

The ACO is too stubborn, and Ginetta is saying they'll have 6 cars on the grid in 2018. So that'll add to the stubbornness.

As for 2017, hasn't the entry list been announced? I don't think you should have a DPi in 2017 because it'd mean booting out another car. Unless it was put in after the current reserves. 2018 is another matter.
2 questions

1) Would you prefer to have a P1-P class of most of the privateers running the same car (Ginetta/Mecachrome) or what DPi is?

I guess ideally P1-P might be the CLM/Nissan, some Ginettas, and a converted Dallara P2. It will be interesting to see how their pace and reliability compares to the P2's.

2) Would you be alright with a DPi or 2 if the ACO cannot get to 60 cars? It is looking as if Labre is already out with their listed driver going to Riley.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3719378)   #127
godlameroso
Racer

godlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgodlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the Cadillacs did have a 100hp advantage over the rest of the field like I had said and was criticized for earlier. Go figure.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3719387)   #128
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlameroso View Post
So the Cadillacs did have a 100hp advantage over the rest of the field like I had said and was criticized for earlier. Go figure.
They definitely didn't.

Methinks you don't know what torque is.

The Cadillacs are the slowest cars through the speed trap outside of the 90. They're making probably 30-50hp less than the rest of the cars, but the low down torque is getting them the laptimes.

With a claimed 70hp reduction through this round of BoP, that would have put them +20-40hp up.

I don't think you understand how much faster they'd be if they were up 100hp on the field lol.

Last edited by Matt; 17 Mar 2017 at 15:14.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3719389)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All the DPis are incredibly cool and great to see in person. The Gibson motors sound terrific, the ESMs have a terrific backfire when up shifting that rattles off the Chateau and the Caddys are so much quicker and more controlled than the others out of the hairpin. They sound good too.

Throw in the GT categories and each session having little to no break between cars coming by, I'll let y'all "dicuss" BoP in every thread and a race thread. This is as good as it's been in quite sometime.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:17 (Ref:3719391)   #130
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
2 questions

1) Would you prefer to have a P1-P class of most of the privateers running the same car (Ginetta/Mecachrome) or what DPi is?
I'd prefer to see the private class as private entries yes. I'd prefer to see the class worked on to get more varied entries. SMPs BR Dallara project for example, and I'm sure ORECA would be up for even more ORECA branded cars. But as an initial start, sure, I'd prefer privateers, even if it's all the same car at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
2) Would you be alright with a DPi or 2 if the ACO cannot get to 60 cars? It is looking as if Labre is already out with their listed driver going to Riley.
"would I be alright with DPi". Lets clear the air here - I love DPi. I think it's badass. I think the only problems with DPi are the initial BoP is off, and the name is terrible. I'd call it Prototype America, and have a PA logo with an American flag coming off of it - that'd be cool.

I think if the ACO completes exhausts potential entries and cannot get to 60 then DPi should be looked at. I think DPi does have a place at Le Mans (a proper place, not just as a filler), as it's own class. I've said that since day 1 and kept saying it - DPi should be an IMSA invitational class like we had way back when. And invite a good 5-10 of them. However I don't think they should fit into LMP1-P (or P1-P or whatever it's called this week) because if you're trying to make a private class, then a sure fire way to hurt it is to allow manufacturer backed efforts into the class for its biggest race. It's hard to explain to private teams who'll invest money entering a private class, why they could win any race except for the big show, because you're allowing a car that has proper factory development in for that one race to beat you. The ESM Nissan is of course the least factory effort, and then it gets into a grey area.

I think the best way for P1-P/P1-L to grow is to bring DPi over for Le Mans as an American invitational class, and leave the private teams to fight it out for themselves. There's no reason why we can't have DPi at Le Mans in its own class. That'd be incredible and be the best of all worlds.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3719392)   #131
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
PA would be awful because PA is the abbreviation for the terrible state of Pennsylvania.

GTP.

That way you'll have GTD, GTLM, and GTP.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3719393)   #132
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
PA would be awful because PA is the abbreviation for the terrible state of Pennsylvania.

GTP.

That way you'll have GTD, GTLM, and GTP.
GTP would be awesome. I just don't like Dots Per Inch. It's like they didn't learn from the unGooglable mistake of DP...
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3719396)   #133
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
GTP would be awesome. I just don't like Dots Per Inch. It's like they didn't learn from the unGooglable mistake of DP...
I don't think GTP is an appropriate name unless the big honking fin goes away. Not very much GT'ish about the current prototypes with the excepton of the closed clockpit. The Corvette DP fit that mode much better. I do miss that car already!

As far as Sebring goes. I am quite happy to see the GT cars so quick. GTLM has a shot to get into the 1 min 55s in qualifying and GTD could break 2 minutes. GTLM was at 2 minute lap times just about 5 years ago I think.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3719397)   #134
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
There was nothing GT'ish about the old GTP cars either!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3719399)   #135
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=MaskedRacer;3719396] Not very much GT'ish about the current prototypes with the excepton of the closed clockpit.

Wasn't much "GT-ish" about the GTPs either, aside from perhaps the Corvette GTP's taillights.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3719408)   #136
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
All the DPis are incredibly cool and great to see in person. The Gibson motors sound terrific, the ESMs have a terrific backfire when up shifting that rattles off the Chateau and the Caddys are so much quicker and more controlled than the others out of the hairpin. They sound good too.

Throw in the GT categories and each session having little to no break between cars coming by, I'll let y'all "dicuss" BoP in every thread and a race thread. This is as good as it's been in quite sometime.
Yes, for all the annoyances of bop and info we get about it, none of that matters at the track. They're beautiful looking fast cool and great sounding cars putting on a great show. Sometimes I think we bog down in the muck and sap our enjoyment because of what we learn of bop.

I haven't been able to go to a race since Sebring 2012 due to life circumstances but honestly it hasn't bothered me too much until this year. Wish I was there now and could hear and see these in person.

The Gibson sounds so good. Sounds sort of like the Toyota in the rebellion years ago to me. Maybe someone who has heard it in person could confirm that or not for me.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3719418)   #137
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was posted by somebody else on another forum:
Quote:
Terrible track. Terrible atmosphere. Terrible location.

If the only thing your track is known for is it's absolutely horrendous surface, it's not a good track.

Like, I don't want tracks to be billiard table smooth, but this is ridiculous.

"World Class Facility" my ass.
Wonder how you guys feel about that?!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3719419)   #138
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
This was posted by somebody else on another forum:
Wonder how you guys feel about that?!
Hi, that person is me.

Re: atmosphere - the Spring Break Frat Bro and Creepy Old Dude demographic weirds me out to no end.

Sidenote - not really liking the fact you cross-posted this from that other board without permission first.

Last edited by Matt; 17 Mar 2017 at 16:49.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3719421)   #139
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
It's on the internet...we post stuff from other sites all the time.

At any rate death valley isn't exactly world class, but for some reason manufacturers test there. Make sure they work in harsh conditions or whatever.

Last, don't want to see all the bop moaning? Hit ignore. Until then, feel free to continue with your "accept mediocrity and second rate racing" and for people to respond accordingly.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3719422)   #140
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Is there somewhere to watch qualifying?
Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3719423)   #141
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
GTD into the 1'59's!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3719425)   #142
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Imsa is showing...
Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3719426)   #143
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
That's why I came to this thread! lol
Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3719428)   #144
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Now it works on the website, the Fords already in the 56's.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3719431)   #145
TF110
Veteran

United States
Briscoe again, only one in the 55's!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3719433)   #146
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Briscoe again, only one in the 55's!
I wish the old DP/LMP2 cars were still running that way the GTLM"s would be seriously close to them.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3719437)   #147
TF110
Veteran

United States
Damn sounds like Derani was on a super lap before having to pit... could've been in the 47's. Lets see if he goes back out.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3719440)   #148
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think this was on Jani's pole lap.

Old 17 Mar 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3719444)   #149
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
Imsa is showing...
I got it up after asking. For whatever reason, it's always hard to find where to go and where to click to make it work.

I'll never wrap my head around a sports car can that complains about Sebring..... I just don't even.....
Old 17 Mar 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3719446)   #150
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hi, that person is me.

Sidenote - not really liking the fact you cross-posted this from that other board without permission first.
Sorry. As I said on the PM, it was not to expose or ofend you. I already made my position about such tracks very clear, around here, so you're not alone!

Jesus, did Hindy say the PCs are gonna be missed or have I imagined it?

At least there are only 4 of them. Hopefully a good race tomorrow