Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Sep 2000, 15:20 (Ref:37662)   #1
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Watching him crash his "celebraty car" in the Fiestas made my day Good job bloke
Old 17 Sep 2000, 19:56 (Ref:37716)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That event in itself made going to Silverstone worthwhile
Old 19 Sep 2000, 10:59 (Ref:37971)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who is Paffett and why is he a celebrity?
Old 19 Sep 2000, 18:03 (Ref:38034)   #4
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Gary Paffet, Formula 3 scholership class champion,
Autosport young driver of the year
and an Arse!
Old 20 Sep 2000, 08:58 (Ref:38123)   #5
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It might be fair to say that Gary Paffet is reasonably confident in his abilities. Judging by the way he destroyed the rest of the field in the F3 scholarship class, I'd say he has a right to be. It's all well and good having lots of backing and the best car, but you still have to be reasonably good yourself to win every round, from class pole, and set the fastest lap in class each time too.

Would you not agree Lee??

And just out of interest, as I wasn't there, how did he come to crash. Is he OK, and how's the car?
Old 20 Sep 2000, 17:34 (Ref:38226)   #6
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicely put Michael.

He ended up in a gravel trap on lap five is all.
Old 20 Sep 2000, 21:08 (Ref:38268)   #7
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
I'm not doubting his abbilities, but he is an Arse!!!!
Old 21 Sep 2000, 07:08 (Ref:38340)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Paffett really that good...

The car wasn't good, it was prepared by a totallt professional team and had a works Renault engine!!!! The car was on another level to everyone else in that class.

Remember Marc Hynes return to F3 in a badly set up car??? If the car's not prepared in F3, you won't do anything... Paffett had that.

And he got beaten by some Japanese guy at the last race, this is the same driver that looked dangerously slow at the start of the year (sorry can't remember his name)..

So in summary, I think he is good - but you can't look at this year's performance to assess his true abilities, bring on next year!!
Old 21 Sep 2000, 09:31 (Ref:38354)   #9
MichaelC
Veteran

All completely fair and accurate assesments and observations. But I still maintain that even with the best car and best team, you still need some ability. Rubens Barichello is proving that right now in F1!!!

As you may have noticed, I've been here a while, but not often in this forum. I always assumed your posts had to start with the words "Castle" and "Coombe" to be read

So why exactly is he an arse please, and what are the necessary requirements to be classified one?
Old 21 Sep 2000, 11:28 (Ref:38364)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Speaking as one of those who has been on the receiving end of the term I feel it only fair to tell you, Michael, that in the world of ten-tenths, the word is a universal term of respect and adoration.

(If you tell me anything different Lee, there's going to be a lot of fat lips at Snetterton!!! ).
Old 21 Sep 2000, 13:18 (Ref:38380)   #11
MichaelC
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Speaking as one of those who has been on the receiving end of the term I feel it only fair to tell you, Michael, that in the world of ten-tenths, the word is a universal term of respect and adoration.
in which case there was obviously no need for me to leap to the defence of Mr. Paffett. Sorry to have troubled you all, I'll go back to the F1 forum now

Old 21 Sep 2000, 15:02 (Ref:38390)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Michael,

I'm glad Liz hasn't seen your reference to RB.
Old 21 Sep 2000, 16:10 (Ref:38419)   #13
MichaelC
Veteran

You mean my realisic assesment of his performance this year. You and me both!!
Old 22 Sep 2000, 06:29 (Ref:38538)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think the word PERFORMANCE is possibly the most accurate summation of his season.