Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Dec 2016, 00:35 (Ref:3698375)   #26
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 25 Dec 2016, 01:03 (Ref:3698380)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps not the greatest livery but one of the coolest logos with one if the coolest names ever put on a race car.

Old 25 Dec 2016, 01:27 (Ref:3698382)   #28
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
I feel like there's quite a few cases in this thread where people's love of the car is creating their fondness for the livery more than anything.
And love for the team.

I'm not saying they are bad liveries, but EFFORT, K-Pax, Signature Plus? Hardly the kind of thing many will remember 20 years from now and be searching out the 1/43 models of. Muscle Milk livery only seems memorable because it was one of the 2 P1 cars in North America.

While not necessarily a sportscar related livery, I've always found the Alitalia liveries to be one of the classics.

Also, the BRE Datsuns.

Old 25 Dec 2016, 02:01 (Ref:3698383)   #29
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
And love for the team.

I'm not saying they are bad liveries, but EFFORT, K-Pax, Signature Plus? Hardly the kind of thing many will remember 20 years from now and be searching out the 1/43 models of. Muscle Milk livery only seems memorable because it was one of the 2 P1 cars in North America.
And yet, if the car/team/livery combination makes an impact who knows? Those of us bringing up KPAX, EFFORT, Muscle Milk, Signature Plus etc. are exactly the type of fan who will search out scale models of these cars in the future.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 04:02 (Ref:3698385)   #30
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
And love for the team.

This.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 07:26 (Ref:3698392)   #31
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Sorry to be a contrarian but with few exceptions most of the posted liveries are a right dogs dinner with too many colours and designs competing for attention and rarely used to complement the car's shape . It's why bold but simple livery like JPS, Alitalia, Gulf, Martini and obviously Parmalat worked so brilliantly. If not as perfectly as the whiter than white Chaparrals ..
Old 25 Dec 2016, 09:36 (Ref:3698398)   #32
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Perhaps not the greatest livery but one of the coolest logos with one if the coolest names ever put on a race car.

With you all day long on this, as soon as i saw the thread i thought "Skoal Bandit" The 85 RAM F1 cars remains one of my all time favourite liveries, the Porsche is without doubt my fave Sportscar livery.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3698421)   #33
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Sorry to be a contrarian but with few exceptions most of the posted liveries are a right dogs dinner with too many colours and designs competing for attention and rarely used to complement the car's shape . It's why bold but simple livery like JPS, Alitalia, Gulf, Martini and obviously Parmalat worked so brilliantly. If not as perfectly as the whiter than white Chaparrals ..
Just gotta look at who's posting them and their agendas across the board and it all makes sense.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 22:56 (Ref:3698442)   #34
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've always found very beautiful the next :

Old 25 Dec 2016, 23:22 (Ref:3698446)   #35
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Whenever I clap eyes on the Brumos Livery, I immediately get the feeling of history, and tradition.

What an iconic Livery in U.S. Motorsport, which makes it sting even more the fact that Brumos Racing and its dealerships were recently dissolved/bought out.

Old 26 Dec 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3698540)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ford Sierra's had some mouthwatering livery. And I do love the BMW colours
Old 26 Dec 2016, 16:32 (Ref:3698541)   #37
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Whenever I clap eyes on the Brumos Livery, I immediately get the feeling of history, and tradition.

What an iconic Livery in U.S. Motorsport, which makes it sting even more the fact that Brumos Racing and its dealerships were recently dissolved/bought out.

Hoping to see the Manthey Porsche in these colors come the Rolex. They're running #59.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 17:24 (Ref:3698545)   #38
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Old 26 Dec 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3698559)   #39
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I've always found very beautiful the next :

Texaco sponsorship made for a bunch of great liveries.

I really like that one (though it's Havoline rather than Texaco proper):
Old 26 Dec 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3698561)   #40
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The VSD BMW M1, BASF Sauber, red and white and blue and white Lancia Beta Montecarlo

Sean
Old 26 Dec 2016, 20:49 (Ref:3698565)   #41
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Unfortunately, the product advertised on the car is not particularly good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It aint bad.
Fun fact: During this period the Miller Brewing Company had the contact with Lowenbrau to make what was essentially a USA / Malt liquor version of Lowenbrau. It was decidedly different than the "real" beer from Germany, but hey, marketing.

Which is why it went from Lowenbrau in 87 to High Life in 88.

I always loved this car / livery / driver combos in the mid/late 90s:

Old 26 Dec 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3698567)   #42
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Ok guys keep the resolution of the pictures relatively small here. No need for giants.

My favorite liveries:

Silver Visteon Panoz
Champion Racing colors (Porsche, Audi)
Falken Porsche
Yellow Corvette
Red with white strips Dodge Viper
Old 26 Dec 2016, 21:32 (Ref:3698571)   #43
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Ok guys keep the resolution of the pictures relatively small here. No need for giants.

My favorite liveries:

Silver Visteon Panoz
Champion Racing colors (Porsche, Audi)
Falken Porsche
Yellow Corvette
Red with white strips Dodge Viper
Forum has an automatic re-sizer, so image resolution doesn't matter.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 22:08 (Ref:3698578)   #44
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with TRspitfirefan

Also

Old 26 Dec 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3698579)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The whole livery conversation is of course intertwined with the car it is on. Hard to look at that Silk Cut Jag and picture and not love it, but that rear end isnt the most elegant. The Livery does a great job at hiding it though.

I don't think I'm explaining my point well, but I guess livery can make or break a car. To have a more objective view we need to compare the same car with different liveries. Just so we know if the car had a great shape or the paint made all the difference.
Old 27 Dec 2016, 04:50 (Ref:3698599)   #46
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh man, so many good ones posted already.
- Gulf Porsche
- Repsol Porsche
- Falken Porsche
- Champion Audi
- Castrol Toyota
- Alitalia Lancia (iconic imo)
- Schnitzer BMW (iconic imo)
- Brumos Porsche (iconic imo)

Here's some of mine:
I'm a sucker for red/green on white. Won't be very memorable though since it wasn't run many times.

There's a reason teams replicate this scheme. It's amazing.

One of the best liveries that has two major sponsors.

It's perfect...but only on the 956/962. Don't think it would work well on most other cars.

Another livery that looks amazing, but only on this car.
Old 27 Dec 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3698616)   #47
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans 1984
Old 27 Dec 2016, 12:21 (Ref:3698624)   #48
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The whole livery conversation is of course intertwined with the car it is on. Hard to look at that Silk Cut Jag and picture and not love it, but that rear end isnt the most elegant. The Livery does a great job at hiding it though.

I don't think I'm explaining my point well, but I guess livery can make or break a car. To have a more objective view we need to compare the same car with different liveries. Just so we know if the car had a great shape or the paint made all the difference.
The most extreme example of this being what I personally think is the best looking prototype ever, the Jaguar XJR-14. You could put whatever you wanted on that car and it would have looked incredible.

Old 27 Dec 2016, 12:35 (Ref:3698629)   #49
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
[/IMG]
I agree, and was going to post about Brumos, but you got there ahead of me.

I also liked the BMW CSL's of that time period in IMSA too. The bold graphics on the white field. Great stuff.
Old 27 Dec 2016, 12:48 (Ref:3698631)   #50
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Forum has an automatic re-sizer, so image resolution doesn't matter.
It's not the finished product after the resize, which doesn't always work. For me it's the page hopping around as every giant image loads, moves, and in some cases never loads but takes up three screens so I have to scroll sideways to read the next post. It makes image and release/teaser pages impossible to read so often are skipped by me at least.