Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Sep 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2950071)   #126
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I can believe that there have been other storms since then, but all the news bits I've heard talk about Fran (1996) as the last major hurricane to hit the Atlantic Coast directly (not counting Florida).
Old 2 Sep 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2950075)   #127
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, Wolf must think he is in a race. He's on it for sure.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2950077)   #128
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Man, Wolf must think he is in a race. He's on it for sure.
certainly ringging the neck out of the car, did anyone else see his hand brake turn into the corner behind the corvette lol
Old 2 Sep 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2950078)   #129
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
certainly ringging the neck out of the car, did anyone else see his hand brake turn into the corner behind the corvette lol
that was great, you could see the car move around so much.

Also, all the on-boards were very good to see.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2950081)   #130
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking at the results for the session. There were definitely some anomalies. The 44 is almost as fast as the 45 (the Miller Porsche is right there too) and the Ferraris appear to be struggling a tad.

We'll have to see what Muscle Milk can do in qualifying. They are going to be up against it this weekend I think, but it's not like Dyson is tearing up the track either. Would it be funny or sad if a LMPC wins overall on outright pace? It's probably not going to happen, but hey, who knows.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2950082)   #131
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm looking at the results for the session. There were definitely some anomalies. The 44 is almost as fast as the 45 (the Miller Porsche is right there too) and the Ferraris appear to be struggling a tad.

We'll have to see what Muscle Milk can do in qualifying. They are going to be up against it this weekend I think, but it's not like Dyson is tearing up the track either. Would it be funny or sad if a LMPC wins overall on outright pace? It's probably not going to happen, but hey, who knows.
Id be surprised if either of the Dyson cars finish tbh.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2950086)   #132
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

As cool as that would be for the team that wins, it would be absolutely pathetic for the series.

A proper LMP2 like the Oreca 03 would probably run circles around the LMP1s this weekend.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2950087)   #133
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Id be surprised if either of the Dyson cars finish tbh.
I don't know, do you think the drivers will make mistakes? Obviously Humaid and Chris are going to struggle with a lack of track time so I guess that is a possibility. Also, getting through traffic could be tricky.

Cytosport had such an edge on Dyson at Long Beach (at least in the race), but I don't know. It helps that Dyson has had a couple of restrictor breaks since then. I'm not sure how much Romain has been in the car (never maybe?) and obviously the team is behind in terms of track time. They could still be ok if they are willing to push whatever they have. I guess I'd rather have Romain guessing what is going on than having Chris Dyson guessing what is going on, but we'll see I guess.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2950088)   #134
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or Porsche Spyder...

GTs are pretty darn close to both P classes as well, who knows what kind of whackiness and pile-ups we see tomorrow. Overall win by a production car would definitely be more positive for the series
Old 2 Sep 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2950089)   #135
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I can believe that there have been other storms since then, but all the news bits I've heard talk about Fran (1996) as the last major hurricane to hit the Atlantic Coast directly (not counting Florida).
Yeah, I'd say that's wholly inaccurate. But whatever.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 20:10 (Ref:2950092)   #136
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know, do you think the drivers will make mistakes? Obviously Humaid and Chris are going to struggle with a lack of track time so I guess that is a possibility. Also, getting through traffic could be tricky.

Cytosport had such an edge on Dyson at Long Beach (at least in the race), but I don't know. It helps that Dyson has had a couple of restrictor breaks since then. I'm not sure how much Romain has been in the car (never maybe?) and obviously the team is behind in terms of track time. They could still be ok if they are willing to push whatever they have. I guess I'd rather have Romain guessing what is going on than having Chris Dyson guessing what is going on, but we'll see I guess.

In my opinion, the key for Dyson this weekend is simple: pitstops!

Humaid and Chris will probably have issues, but I dont see this as the biggest problem. This week because the faster LMPC cars are just a tiny bit slower (may even be faster), if they lose time in the pits like they have been doing recently, not only will they come out behind the Aston but also behind many of the LMPC or even faster GT cars!

For my race picks though, I really cannot bet against a lineup like Graf/Dumas.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2950096)   #137
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
GTs are pretty darn close to both P classes as well, who knows what kind of whackiness and pile-ups we see tomorrow. Overall win by a production car would definitely be more positive for the series
I saw a couple of rain drops on the on-board camera lenses. Is there any serious chance of rain during the race hours? The Wolf is looking mighty strong as it is in the dry, just imagine what he could do in the rain. I could certainly see GT cars winning overall if that happened. Although I think rain can make a race interesting, who knows what the drainage situation is like at this circuit. It could be a disaster, who knows.

To be fair, the circuit looks pretty racy at least as far as street courses go. I guess it is a good thing that it is just a 2 hr. race or we could see some breakdowns.

EDIT: As far as pitstops go, I think it will be important here. There should be some FCYs if things go the way most of us expect things to go. Muscle Milk could gain a lot of ground (assuming their qualifying isn't good) if they play their strategy correctly and have clean stops. Then again, we really don't know what kind of pace that car has around this track. They could come right out and put a whooping on Dyson in qualifying. That's not likely if Guy is driving, but we'll see.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 20:24 (Ref:2950100)   #138
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

That´s a lot of guessing! Power-to-guess-button perhaps?
Old 2 Sep 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2950107)   #139
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
That´s a lot of guessing! Power-to-guess-button perhaps?
Well, I have my Magic 8 Ball going this weekend! It might be more accurate at forecasting this race than anything else!

Power-to-guess button. Maybe that is Guess Racing's secret weapon? Well, if they ever show up that is! "Will we make Silverstone?" "Outlook not so good!"
Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2950121)   #140
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so when is the qualy starting, in gmt oc cet plz.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2950126)   #141
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Exactly 45 minutes from now. I guess you can figure it out from the time of the post.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2950127)   #142
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
11.05 GMT for the 15-min "practice", 11.25 for combined GT quali
Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2950128)   #143
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
If the Indy Cars are any indication, there is quite a bit of time still to be found. Franchitti has a 1:23.3 on the board at present.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2950136)   #144
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thanks
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2950144)   #145
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Indy Cars finished with Power on a lap of 1:22.138.

Practice/Qualifying stream is up for me. We'll see what happens.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2950153)   #146
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Well, we knew that Jeroen was a wheel man, but this is something else!

And those Vettes EAT the curbs for lunch!
Old 2 Sep 2011, 22:37 (Ref:2950154)   #147
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow Bleekemolen is by far fastest in class + thankfully the Lizardmobile is picking up speed.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2950156)   #148
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What does Long think he's doing?
Old 2 Sep 2011, 22:43 (Ref:2950157)   #149
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
best qualifying i have ever seen
bleek picks up his tire and gets pole!!!!

and then bill adam says "i would have hit him too"
Old 2 Sep 2011, 22:43 (Ref:2950158)   #150
Deleted
Veteran

Some really dirty driving on that Risi / FL incident...

Jeroen!