Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 26 Jul 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1047364)   #1
Tiptop
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Tiptop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
garages

I own a formula ford and currently keep it stored at my friends house.

I will be moving out in December and need to find a suitable storage place from which I can work on the car prior to next years race weekends.

Does anyone know of such a place ?

HELP please as I don't wont to sell the car!
Old 26 Jul 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1047466)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
join the queue ! we have a double/triple workshop at home and we rent 2 lock ups and we're still short of space !!!

what I need is a barn or 2 . . . an old Farm would do, I just need the odd million quid or 2 to get set up !
Old 26 Jul 2004, 10:45 (Ref:1047560)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by zefarelly

what I need is a barn or 2 . . . an old Farm would do, I just need the odd million quid or 2 to get set up !
Not that expensive realy providing you don't expect a house on it. We bought 5 acres not far from you with stables and another building that could be made into a workshop for the price of a decent Lotus Cortina.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 12:38 (Ref:1047688)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah but he wants a decent Lotus cortina too.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 13:15 (Ref:1047733)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
indeed, I want a range of Dagenhams finest ferrous flakers !

that sounds reasonable to me . . .5 acreas, thats quite a few car spaces
Old 26 Jul 2004, 18:29 (Ref:1048031)   #6
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I met someone in the States who has a yard full of Mk 1 Cortinas,some Lotus but left hand drive,he ran out of space so he put them on there sides!
Come to that,the guy who built the prototype Winkelman/Palliser did it in Catford,so short of room that he used to hang the space frame on the wall,and you lot grumble,kids!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 27 Jul 2004, 15:23 (Ref:1048867)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
now thats interestong . . .where abouts in the states . .I can feel a holiday coming on !

where does one look for barns/fileds for sale ?
Old 27 Jul 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1048883)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
interesting spelling too
Old 27 Jul 2004, 17:52 (Ref:1049029)   #9
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quiet close to you actualy,a little place called San Francisco,maybe going out there with Tim if the miserable little nephew want to go in Sept for the Laguna race series!
Old 27 Jul 2004, 20:48 (Ref:1049198)   #10
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quiet close to you actualy,a little place called San Francisco,maybe going out there with Tim if the miserable little nephew want to go in Sept for the Laguna race series!
Old 27 Jul 2004, 21:07 (Ref:1049213)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by ecktic
I'm busy that day
Old 28 Jul 2004, 05:29 (Ref:1049444)   #12
thatorangething
Rookie

thatorangething should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a very nice secure workshop south of Crawley near the A23. I would like to downgrade it to hobby use, and could do that by bringing in other racer/s who might wish to store and maintain their own cars. Ramps/ air/ tyre machines installed. Would need to be able to check any possible candidates out via their motor club/ MSA/ championship/ here etc.
Old 28 Jul 2004, 11:24 (Ref:1049721)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ooh . . .I'll send you a PM regarding that . . .could well be interested as I work in Crawley
Old 9 Aug 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1060862)   #14
ste_dot
Rookie

ste_dot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just off the A23 South of Crawley and could be interested in this.

PM sent...
Old 9 Aug 2004, 22:03 (Ref:1061542)   #15
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too!
Old 9 Aug 2004, 22:25 (Ref:1061559)   #16
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Quote:
Originally posted by ecktic
Can I be your nephew for a while?
Old 13 Aug 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1065334)   #17
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've a warehouse outside Cardiff if you're interested in cheap short term rental
Old 11 Sep 2004, 14:34 (Ref:1092936)   #18
Big Mark
Rookie

Big Mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK so has anyone got any space up in the Lancashire area, I am in Wigan and in need of storage/woorkshop space.
HELP!!!!!
Old 11 Sep 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1092946)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Did anyone on this post make contact with thatorangething because I wanted to talk to him about his camaro and tried PMing etc but he seems to have disappeared, that is the one thing I hate about these forums psuedo names, I wish people would say who they really are it would make things much easier.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 11 Sep 2004 at 14:47.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 16:12 (Ref:1095280)   #20
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Al. I'll pm you later this evening.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 17:33 (Ref:1095421)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
OK
Old 16 Sep 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1098765)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Never got yer PM Carrera
Old 16 Oct 2004, 09:50 (Ref:1125837)   #23
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've recently had a Titan shed put up in my backyard. It's 20' long and 18' wide and 8' high. It's strong enough to hang an engine hoist off the beams and has 4 double fluoro lights and a double powerpoint in every corner and two power points suspended from the ceiling. All my spares are on shelves down one side and a work bench and all my tools are on the other side and even with the doors open, I can quite easily walk around the car. It has a 10' wide roller door in the front and an 8' wide roller door at the back. I can quite easily drive straight through the shed with the car on the trailer and I can also park the trailer in the shed with the car on it.

As you can tell, I love my shed. I've waited nine years and in that time I've put a lot of thought into just what I need.