Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Nov 2017, 00:30 (Ref:3782096)   #751
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
I don't see an issue with changing tires and refueling. It's done in other series without huge issues so what's it matter in the wec/Le Mans? Rules change. It wasn't done the way it is currently until the mid 90s. I'm all for faster stops and there's plenty of time to change 4 or however many tires while the car refuels. If they change it or not I don't care either way, it's not really a big deal to me.

As for Rebellion, I hope they do lmp1. If they want their own car and Oreca is the way they go, they may be a ways behind. They don't "run Toyota" btw, just help out in terms of staff and operations (like testing at Ricard). But Oreca have definitely gotten a lot better over the past 5 years so I would be confident in their product coming good. Plus the season starts a month later and there's no prologue you have to attend. That's actually 2 months later if you wanna get technical!
Old 22 Nov 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3782101)   #752
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't the test weekend mid April '18? Or is that just ELMS?
Old 22 Nov 2017, 02:13 (Ref:3782105)   #753
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Isn't the test weekend mid April '18? Or is that just ELMS?
Is it mandatory? I'm not sure. Even if it was, they aren't going to turn down Rebellion entering lmp1 because they couldn't show up in time.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3782137)   #754
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It's just bizarre how slow they are with LMP1, I mean sure they have lots of other things going on in lower categories as well as running Toyota but c'mon. If people come asking product from you, offer it.
Not sure it's quite that simple mate. If they are already working at capacity, it's not always possible to reassign/divert personnel and resources to a new project. Consider also that they would want the right people assigned to the project, because their reputation is at stake. They will either want to do it properly, or not at all, and that's understandable. Just my 2p
Old 23 Nov 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3782429)   #755
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Points system will be tweaked for 2018/19:
1.5x Points for Le Mans
1.25x points for Sebring

Additionaly there will be a LMP1 teams world championship.
https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...points-in-2018
Old 23 Nov 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3782476)   #756
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They don't "run Toyota" btw, just help out in terms of staff and operations (like testing at Ricard). But Oreca have definitely gotten a lot better over the past 5 years so I would be confident in their product coming good. Plus the season starts a month later and there's no prologue you have to attend. That's actually 2 months later if you wanna get technical!
Yeah I know, it was bit of a simplification but they are still there helping.

I'm sure that the Prologue will be mandatory just like it (and the Test Day) has been for some time now, but obviously force majeure like "car not being ready" have always been options for not taking part.

But since it's a "free" 36 hour test with everybody else around you I certainly think it's something team like Rebellion very much would love to do! IMO it's even more important than making the first race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Not sure it's quite that simple mate. If they are already working at capacity, it's not always possible to reassign/divert personnel and resources to a new project. Consider also that they would want the right people assigned to the project, because their reputation is at stake. They will either want to do it properly, or not at all, and that's understandable. Just my 2p
Yes for Oreca's "capacity", I wrote this couple of years ago already
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=543

They are working so over capacity now (especially now that since that post they've been given de facto monopoly in LMP2 too) that they hardly have time for everything.

The AER modding to the 04/R-One probably wouldn't have taken so long were they not so preoccupied everywhere else already - and this is why I think their projected/prospected LMP1 2018 is in such a so-so stage while other marquees are jumping in. Well except for their French sister Onroak which are similarly over-busied with supplying quasi spec categories
Old 24 Nov 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3782632)   #757
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
Points system will be tweaked for 2018/19:
1.5x Points for Le Mans
1.25x points for Sebring

Additionaly there will be a LMP1 teams world championship.
https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...points-in-2018
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/t...nts-reduction/
It’s understood a further proposal has been made to potentially alter the points offered for the season-ending Le Mans race in 2019, at a different ratio than the 2018 race, although representatives from the FIA and ACO have declined comment on any matters to the sporting regulations until the final WMSC approval on Dec. 6.

If this were to happen they really would be totally clueless idiots
Old 24 Nov 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3782651)   #758
canaglia
Racer

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/t...nts-reduction/
Itís understood a further proposal has been made to potentially alter the points offered for the season-ending Le Mans race in 2019, at a different ratio than the 2018 race, although representatives from the FIA and ACO have declined comment on any matters to the sporting regulations until the final WMSC approval on Dec. 6.

If this were to happen they really would be totally clueless idiots
agree.... maybe they should follow IMSA route... just an unique point scoring system regardless of race lenght
Old 24 Nov 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3782679)   #759
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are arguments either way, but this is an OK compromise.

I’d have the two LMs the same points though. If they do otherwise I’ll get all worked up and cry.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 19:18 (Ref:3782950)   #760
Chiana
Veteran

Have they made indication whether Sebring will be "strictly 1500 miles" or "1500 miles or X Hours, whichever comes first" . I assume the latter, just like the old 1000 mile distance at Petit had alternative 10 hours. Either way that'll mean the strategy (for the lower classes) in terms of fuel won't be clear until the final stages

Also if it indeed still starts at midnight or little after, the sunrise won't be until 07.33 on Sun morning so the darkness-light ratio will be very interesting

Hopefully the upcoming updated sporting regs would clarify things
Old 25 Nov 2017, 23:55 (Ref:3783002)   #761
TF110
Veteran

United States
Haven't saw anything different than 1500 miles. If they go at record pace equal to that in 2009 (which covered over 1400 miles) It'd be done in less than 13 hours, close to 12 hours and 45 minutes.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 00:02 (Ref:3783010)   #762
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Pretty sure I heard it was actually 12 hours. Don't remember where.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3783204)   #763
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Whatever
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ver...mp1f1-en-2021/
Old 27 Nov 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3783498)   #764
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Haven't saw anything different than 1500 miles. If they go at record pace equal to that in 2009 (which covered over 1400 miles) It'd be done in less than 13 hours, close to 12 hours and 45 minutes.
Could happen because the LMP1 cars are fast obviously. The field size should be just the full season WEC teams I imagine so no more than 35 cars. Also they don't have the crazy safety car stuff that IMSA shows.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 07:23 (Ref:3783702)   #765
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Could happen because the LMP1 cars are fast obviously. The field size should be just the full season WEC teams I imagine so no more than 35 cars. Also they don't have the crazy safety car stuff that IMSA shows.
So you think the LMP1 cars will actually finish the race? New privateer cars and fragile Toyotas will have a hard time at Sebring, I'm betting on a LMP2 win