Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Sep 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2962205)   #251
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
The entry list (as of 27/9/11) now shows Patrick Pilet in #045 instead of Marc Lieb and Mark Bullitt in the Proton Porsche with Richard Lietz and Christian Ried.

I wonder why Marc isn't driving the #045 Porsche?

Tom.
Travel issues apparently. Maybe it's immigration problems just like Simona de Silvestro before Sonoma in IndyCar.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2962241)   #252
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Will have an updated Spotte Guide this afternoon with second Genoa car in the London project colours, livery for the AF Corse F430 and revised driver line ups for #45 Lizard, Farnbacher and the JDX Porsche.

John Dagys and Martin Spetz kindly getting ref
Old 28 Sep 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2962263)   #253
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red flag in the test session. Anyone know what is going on?
Old 28 Sep 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2962266)   #254
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Red flag in the test session. Anyone know what is going on?
Seems the Doran Ford and the #64 Lotus are involved in a clash... (look who didn't get back in the pits)
Old 28 Sep 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2962270)   #255
gregtummer
Veteran

Green flag!
Old 28 Sep 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2962281)   #256
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Here's Hindy's full response to RLM situation:

I'll be tuning in for mr Haven and Nick for sure.
Radio Le Mans/RSL: Epic Win (as usual)
ALMS leadership: Epic Fail (as usual)
Old 28 Sep 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2962282)   #257
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Good to see Level 5 seem to have a handle on their new machine .
Old 28 Sep 2011, 20:07 (Ref:2962283)   #258
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Good to see Level 5 seem to have a handle on their new machine .
It would be good for them to win after the news week they have had, although its hard not to cheer for OAK Pescarolo/United Autosports and Id love to see Signatec get a victory at Petit.

Im just shocked there is actually a good LMP2 battle in North America this year, all be it one race.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2962292)   #259
gregtummer
Veteran

Another red flag.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2962297)   #260
gregtummer
Veteran

Session Over:

Top 12 LMP1s separated by 4 seconds.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2962313)   #261
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The gap over the top 4 is less than .5 of a second, but then it's a second and a half back to the Oreca Pug. Shows us how much work that Audi and Peugeot have done to their cars that Oreca can't really do, and might not be able to do even without the ACO's grandfather clause (Peugeot focusing on their new car).

Definitely unlike Sebring, where Oreca was roughly on the pace, Oreca will need a massive Audi/Pug factory meltdown, but so far, they've kept it clean, with only one factory 908 having an off and on during the session. That's not to say that will stay true for the race, as we've seen this season so far--it was only Imola that Audi and Peugeot got their cars home with no major issues from start to finish.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2962321)   #262
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bet Johnny Mowlem would get more out of this event by sitting on the Eurosport booth, rather than driving one of those moving chicanes.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 01:20 (Ref:2962355)   #263
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Big Update for the Spotter Guides tonight now all the cars have appeared.

Uploaded at www.spotterguides.com

Updates are:-
New liveries for:-
#51 AF Corse Ferrari F458 a couple of additions
#61 AF Corse Ferrari F430
#62 CRS Ferrari F430, booo! running an all-red car (I’m biased, I designed their 2010/11 livery )
#063 LMPC Genoa

New lids/driver changes:-
#33 – Level 5 -Tucker and Barbosa now have Carbon lids
#45 – Flying Lizard - Patrick Pilet now third driver
#63 – Proton Competition – Bulliett now third driver
#11 – JDX GTC Porsche – New driver line up

#34 2nd and 3rd drivers remain TBC for now
Old 29 Sep 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2962362)   #264
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correction for Car 60; it's GOETHE not GIETHE.
Correction for Car 63; It's Christian RIED not REID.
Also Cars 34 and 37 have withdrawn.
Great job by the way Andy!

Last edited by cbbrit; 29 Sep 2011 at 02:37.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 02:50 (Ref:2962371)   #265
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other additions and corrections;
Car 99 add Ian James.
Car 63 add Jordan Grogor as 4th allowed driver.
Car 36 add Dane Cameron.
Car 54 it's PAPPAS not PAPPS.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 03:02 (Ref:2962373)   #266
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
Slowsley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got to looking at my collection of parking passes on my windshield and I noticed:
2010 Sebring
4 day ticket and parking at gate: $90

2011 Petit
advanced 4 day ticket and parking: 130

Same show, same track owner, one year apart. Albeit a show I wouldn't miss for anything. I think Sebring is fair.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 06:23 (Ref:2962401)   #267
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Another entry list update tonight, so back on the computer.... Driver additions at MuscleMilk with Greg Pickett, Genoa expanding to 4 cars, updates at Risi, Lotus and Jaguar

Also corrected the spelling mistakes. As the guide is Official (!) and takes the data from the entry lists, the two withdrawn cars remain.

btw - Goethe will not be racing this weekend, but remains on the entry list

Download, what is hopefully the final version at www.spotterguides.com

(note you might have to refresh your browser to get the latest update)
Old 29 Sep 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2962531)   #268
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheers, Andy. Looks great as always and thanks for the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowsley View Post
I got to looking at my collection of parking passes on my windshield and I noticed:
2010 Sebring
4 day ticket and parking at gate: $90

2011 Petit
advanced 4 day ticket and parking: 130

Same show, same track owner, one year apart. Albeit a show I wouldn't miss for anything. I think Sebring is fair.
Road ATL is a much better spectator venue IMO and half the people that go to Sebring aren't there for the race; increase the price too much, and some folk may find something else to do for Spring Break. And like me, you'll save cash on gas heading to Braselton.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2962542)   #269
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Practice is underway once again but currently interrupted by red flag, #24 Oak collided with one of the GTCs.

#02 ESM with the fastest time so far, but there's hardly been any meaningful running in the session yet
Old 29 Sep 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2962545)   #270
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Practice is underway once again but currently interrupted by red flag, #24 Oak collided with one of the GTCs.

#02 ESM with the fastest time so far, but there's hardly been any meaningful running in the session yet
Shocking
Old 29 Sep 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2962546)   #271
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The carnage continues; we may do the "natural reduction" to 53.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2962547)   #272
Deleted
Veteran

Wouldn't surprise me, the entry list is already down quite a bit from the initial version. But that's usually the case here
Old 29 Sep 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2962549)   #273
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Road Atlanta Safety Car festival on Saturday?
Old 29 Sep 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2962550)   #274
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I'm sure the LMPC guys are quite looking forward to it.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2962551)   #275
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
There is usually a rash at the beginning (or jumbled up in the first half), but I think it'll clear out after some attrition.