Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of this year's Brazilian Grand Prix?
Nico Rosberg 10 17.24%
Lewis Hamilton 1 1.72%
Felipe Massa 16 27.59%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Jenson Button 22 37.93%
Sebastian Vettel 2 3.45%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Mark Webber/ Kimi Raikkonen 5 8.62%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 1 1.72%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Jean-Eric Vergne 0 0%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Nov 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3473519)   #26
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
You're joking of course!...Interlagos is one of the most difficult driver circuits on the calendar and he didn't make a single error...he was 'fastest' in all practice sessions, Qulaifying and lead from Lights to flag!

So who got your vote then if it wasn't the best driver at the meeting?
Of course I'm not joking. The race isn't won in practice nor qualifying and the the thread question is about the race anyway. Hamilton would've beaten him if he hadn't of had any problems. As it is, he finished only a second behind. That's just not good enough race pace from Rosberg.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3473528)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
First of all, I would like to launch an official complaint and demand an investigation into who what where when and why Webber's name was included with the great Kimi Raikkonen. The democratic vote has been compromised...

I just want to make it clear that 100% of my vote goes to the one that deserves the DTOR which is...Kimi (with no consideration to Webber). Driving in those conditions and being the only one who did two stops and placing where he placed was miraculous to say the least. This reminded me of his Lotus days where he faultlessly managed the tyres beyond the capability of any other driver and he demonstrated that again today. Just imagine where he would have placed without the jack being let down before his fronts were put on. I'm calling Jean.
Well, at least Kimi actually gave you a smidgeon of evidence backing it up this time Pete! I guess we ought to give you this one - only one more race now before Kimi gives it up as a bad job.......
Old 11 Nov 2014, 00:51 (Ref:3473565)   #28
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Of course I'm not joking. The race isn't won in practice nor qualifying and the the thread question is about the race anyway. Hamilton would've beaten him if he hadn't of had any problems. As it is, he finished only a second behind. That's just not good enough race pace from Rosberg.
I think Rosberg's race pace was fine, given the fact he held off Lewis for the last 15-20 laps and had 1.7s in hand at the flag! He didn't have to go crazy and pull out a massive lead, he kept the tyres in good condition and this helped him at the end. He did everything he had to do.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 01:27 (Ref:3473573)   #29
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JB for me, outstanding in that McLaren
Old 11 Nov 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3473612)   #30
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
JB for me, outstanding in that McLaren
I suspect that Jenson gets the sympathy vote.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3473616)   #31
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
There is possibly an element of that, but to finish 4th ahead of faster cars required a talented driver! 😄
Old 11 Nov 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3473623)   #32
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
There is possibly an element of that, but to finish 4th ahead of faster cars required a talented driver! ��
Now! I have nothing against Jenson Button, and agree he drove a perfectly good race, BUT ..... beating faster cars?????

Come on Clive, while I love your sense of humour, this is a bit hard to stomach, he beat a Red Bull driven by the far from impressive Seb Vettel, and two Ferraris not noted for any great speed this season.

Jenson did no more than should be expected of him given the fact that the Mac is not a 'bad' car, and he is one of the more experienced drivers on the grid.

No, no, no, no, NO!

The sympathy vote goes where I put my cross .... Felipe Massa.

Note to moderators and the PC brigade. Clive and I are good friends!

Well we were.http://tentenths.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif
Old 11 Nov 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3473655)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Funny because, I reckon that Felipe gets, quite understandably, the sympathy vote. He would have been my second choice. Don't think Clive is far out Bob, as only the two Mercs and a Williams, both considerably quicker than the McLaren most of the season finished ahead. The car is better than it was but still off the pace, and I think some of us appreciate Jenson for what he is, a much better driver than others perceive him to be.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 11 Nov 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3473660)   #34
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Thank you John, you see this is what happens when you, as in Bob (bauble) get old and decrepit, your marbles get lost and your faculties disappear and you end up making silly statements, but we'll excuse him because of his seniority!
Old 11 Nov 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3473662)   #35
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I think Rosberg's race pace was fine, given the fact he held off Lewis for the last 15-20 laps and had 1.7s in hand at the flag! He didn't have to go crazy and pull out a massive lead, he kept the tyres in good condition and this helped him at the end. He did everything he had to do.
To win is fine and it was perfectly competent, yes but he didn't decisively assert himself over Hamilton either. That's what he needs to do. It was an underwhelming win with Hamilton having spun yet Rosberg only had a 1.7 margin at the end. Particularly in the aftermath of the last race in which Rosberg won pole but Hamilton broke him during the race itself. Rosberg hasn't answered all the questions put to him by Hamilton and that's why I'm not overly enthused by this win. A focused Hamilton will likely beat a focused Rosberg is the underlining theme we can take from most of these races and this race didn't really succeed in altering that dynamic.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3473671)   #36
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
The 1.7 seconds was not representative of the last 10-12 laps when Hamilton was well under less than a second for most of them.
Hamilton's fastest lap and fastest race lap overall on lap 62 of 71, as was Rosberg's personal best. Both had enough to go for it but really neither did and I think it was a case of team expectations that Rosberg would get to keep his lead unless there was a lead change at the tyre changes.

There was nothing like the intensity there was at Bahrain.
There was no real attempt to try for a DRS overtake.
My personal view is that Lewis Hamilton had plenty in hand.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3473677)   #37
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bauble, I contest your view here, because without wanting to tell you you're wrong to vote Massa, Felipe made 2 mistakes in the race: one was speeding in the pitlane and the other was stopping in the McLaren garage. He also drove a Williams, a faster car than the McLaren, which while not being his fault, makes Button a better candidate than him for DOTR in my view.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3473680)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Funny because, I reckon that Felipe gets, quite understandably, the sympathy vote. He would have been my second choice. Don't think Clive is far out Bob, as only the two Mercs and a Williams, both considerably quicker than the McLaren most of the season finished ahead. The car is better than it was but still off the pace, and I think some of us appreciate Jenson for what he is, a much better driver than others perceive him to be.
OK! John (and that blighter Clive) Jenson can have he sympathy vote, he deserves it, Felipe gets the "Great to see him doing well." Vote.

The nicest bloke on the grid, modest, and with a fine sense of humour, as well as being a very good driver. Note Brazil was not the first time Bottas ruined his tyres when Massa made them last.

Quite frankly I do not agree that Rosberg does not deserve the vote, he did enough to keep Hamilton behind him, thus conserving his tyres and able to push a bit when necessary. To say that Lewis would have won if he had not spun is pushing the envelope somewhat. While Nico was in the pits Lewis tried to gain enough time to come out from his stop ahead, hence his lap times, but the spin showed that he was on, and then, over the limit. He then blamed the team for telling him out for an extra lap so as to gain the time he needed.

I think I heard the instruction from the pits advising him to stay out in order to get the lead, so no bias there then.
It backfired, and must have boosted Nico's moral no end.

In Brazil Rosberg comprehensively beat Hamilton in every respect, and no amount of flannel will change that.

Massa, Rosberg, Button for me.

As always just one man's opinion, feel free to disagree. I could change my mind.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3473694)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What sympathy vote?
Old 11 Nov 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3473695)   #40
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What sympathy vote?
Better ask Clive or John.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3473698)   #41
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Bauble, I contest your view here, because without wanting to tell you you're wrong to vote Massa, Felipe made 2 mistakes in the race: one was speeding in the pitlane and the other was stopping in the McLaren garage. He also drove a Williams, a faster car than the McLaren, which while not being his fault, makes Button a better candidate than him for DOTR in my view.
Born, I would not dispute your right to disagree with me (not much), but as Massa explained at he end of the race, he HAD pressed the pit limiter button, but it failed to work, and he had to retry, which he reckoned probably lost him more time than he gained by speeding. As to the pit lane confusion I refer you to Rob Smedley's explanation. No matter the reason it gave everyone a good laugh, and we don't get too many of those in F1 these days.

In any case he did not actually stop in the Mac pit, but he did cause their mechanics to jump fairly smartly.

As we can all agree the Driver of the Race is very much a personal choice, there are no statuary regulations to guide us, so we choose on whatever criteria we like, and while acknowledging Jenson's good result I did not see it as more than one would expect from him and the car, unlike his many admirers. After all one person has nominated Lewis.

For me no one driver stood out head and shoulders above the rest, but with the crowd behind him Massa raised the biggest cheers, and contributed enormously to the atmosphere, so because I like him and he did finish third and ahead of Button .... he's my man.

Naturally I accept your right to a different opinion.

I always hope that our differences can be conducted in a civilised manner on the forum.

Very best wishes,

Bauble
Old 11 Nov 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3473699)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Better ask Clive or John.
Why them? They didn't mention the sympathy vote, you did.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3473704)   #43
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
like a vote for Massa, the JB vote was all about sympathy as well...which is cool of course. they are both two unbelievably endearing drivers and the sport will be much worse off when both are gone.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3473706)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
like a vote for Massa, the JB vote was all about sympathy as well...which is cool of course. they are both two unbelievably endearing drivers and the sport will be much worse off when both are gone.
I didn't vote for JB out of sympathy. When it comes to tyres and tyre strategy he's pretty much second to none and at Interlagos he again showed how it should be done, with a track temperature of 55ºC at one point plus the 4th place in not the most competative car.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3473716)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fair enough

i was just trying to pay the two drivers a compliment. i didnt mean to criticize although rereading my post that is how it does read. poorly written on my part. sorry about that
Old 11 Nov 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3473725)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
fair enough

i was just trying to pay the two drivers a compliment. i didnt mean to criticize although rereading my post that is how it does read. poorly written on my part. sorry about that
I took it as being a bit of an over generalisation, regarding the reason people voted for Button, I didn't take it as a criticism, so no probs, .
Old 11 Nov 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3473730)   #47
bauble
Veteran

England
I think that many people feel that McLaren's treatment of Jenson is rather shabby considering his contribution to the team and his loyalty, never critical, only realistic about his car and it's place in the pecking order.

Now by refusing to give any indication if they will renew his contract leaving him hanging in the wind contract wise means that McLaren and Ron Dennis in particular are viewed in a poor light.

Jenson has said that he has been surprised and quite overwhelmed by the amount of support he has had in the 'social media' over his plight. There is obviously a lot of SYMPATHY for him amongst the fans, and if this did not sway a few people to vote for him I would be very surprised. Nothing wrong with that, and that is what I refer to as the 'sympathy vote'.
BJS voted with his head, not his heart if I read his posts aright, so well done for that.

Hope that clears up my use of the phrase?

Bauble.
Old 11 Nov 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3473731)   #48
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Massa for me. Also it helped to sew up third for Williams in the constructors too, which now looks to be almost certain, barring a disaster at Abu Dhabi of course...
Old 11 Nov 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3473743)   #49
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would give it to Hulkenberg and/or Massa but am giving it to JB as a sympathy vote. Poor guy, more proven than Mr Rosberg...
Old 11 Nov 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3473744)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't understand this 'sympathy' tosh at all personally. I gave it to Button because I thought he deserved it..... If I had to award out of sympathy Romain Grosjean would get it every time......